1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone miss Alien Encounter, or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Past Attractions' started by Tyler Moore, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Tori the Traveler

Tori the Traveler New Member

Hahahaha that would be pretty cool!

2. powderehss

powderehss New Member

never got to ride when i had the chance!
    they turned it into Stitch when I was eight...

A damn shame... My dad [and I think my mum] both loved AE a bunch when it was running.
    Went on Stitch though back in March... sucked eggs. I went on it mainly for Skippy actually haha.
    my sister wanted to MURDER me for riding it with her a second time because i wanted to take pics of Skippy lol

i gotta support my little softboy space tapir-hamster thing you know. he's a good little noodle

3. Mark Dunne

Mark Dunne Member

Absolutely agree,I know they can't do scary in MK. maybe best in MGM studios(now there's a blast from the past)

4. Rowlet

Rowlet New Member

I miss it so much! It was definitely scary - I remember being terrified the first time I went on it but after that initial time, I loved it every time. It definitely gave MK's Tomorrowland that thrill edge but I understand why it was closed due to parents believing it was too much. Either way, I love watching old videos of it and seeing and hearing all the celebs involved!

5. invadersam

invadersam Active Member

That ride was classic, sadly I never got to ride it cuz I was not born yet or i was too young to go and I live in canada

6. Christophero30

Christophero30 Active Member

I do! I would jump when the glass breaks. That was scary.

7. LMSB

LMSB Member

Mom & I rode it once, in 1996 in 97 can't remember exactly.. sis was scared so her & Dad did another attraction. I thought it was super scary but loved it!!

Christophero30 likes this.
  8. John Bemiss

John Bemiss New Member

Alien encounter should have been moved to MGM studios it would have been a much better fit rather than MK- it would still be relevant today. The ride was great I was so sad to see it turned into Stitch AE was my all time favorite