1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know when the Red Rose Taverne is going away?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Shiiggydiigg, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Shiiggydiigg

Shiiggydiigg New Member

Probably not anytime soon, since the movie is still in theaters.

2. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

Hopefully not before I get one more taste of that grey stuff...though I will finally get to try at WDW in a month.

3. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

Seems to be a big hit with people visiting the Park, so I would imagine it will be around for a while.

-

4. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see what would motivate them to change anytime soon. Their business seems to have skyrocketed since it opened, and the food all seems to be very popular. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to hear or see of them making this a more permanent change. I want to try the grey stuff this summer too!!!

5. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

I really like the Pinoccho Village House design wise.
    The craftsmanship and design work is beautifully done, but I'm a fan of the 'Pinocchio' film anyway.
    So it already has built in appeal with its European themes and colorful interior decor.
    Nice cozy place to hide away in during certain times of the day and night.

A part of me would be disappointed to see it permanently changed, but the public has obviously 'spoken' with their wallets.
    I'll admit, I'm looking forward to trying the new offerings when I return in July.

Perhaps a permanent 'Beauty' themed dining area will be included in the rumored Fantasyland expansion.
    Maybe not a full blown 'Be Our Guest' type of experience ala WDW...but something unique to DLR.
    Then Pinocchio can have his haus back.
    :)

-

6. disneyC97

disneyC97 Active Member

Yes. Pinocchio is one of my faves.

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  7. Antaundra

Antaundra Active Member

I liked Village House for its themeing but its food was terrible. The Beauty and the Beast themeing deffinately looks like a temporary overlay but the food is so much better. If they don't keep the new menu permanently then I hope at least they can maintain the quality of the food.

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  8. thealmightyvance

thealmightyvance Well-Known Member

Well hyperspace mountain and galactic grill are still here...

9. TMH

TMH Well-Known Member

When the last petal on the rose has fallen! (Someone get Belle to break the spell, we already have Maurice's Treats, and that is enough unless they're willing to build something new for Belle.)

10. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

When the manufacturer can't produce any more red rose cups.

Curious Constance likes this.
  11. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

The public always speaks with their wallets on anything that is hyped by Disney. I would be interested to see if people are truly eating up all the food offerings or if they are more focused on the red rose cups and the grey stuff...the only two things that really interested us. They could very easily turn this into a rotating theme type restaurant. Would not surprise me if when Frozen II is released, it gets a Frozen overlay ala BATB.

12. indianajack

indianajack Member

The Pinocchio theming is wonderful, it was the food that was terrible. I'm looking forward to Pinocchio's return to Village Haus with a better menu. Gepetto made a great feast in the film, give me some of that food!
    Belle, Beast and Gaston should get their own restaurant and tavern in a FL expansion where the theater is.

TheOrangeBird01 likes this.