Does anyone even eat at...

sjhym333

There are several things I like about the Liberty Inn. Because it is rarely busy you can grab a quick meal that is pretty decent for quick service. We sometimes sit outside there with a beer and some fries to hear the music during Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. No standing on line for an hour to get into American Garden Theater, plenty of room to enjoy the music. Sometimes we use it as a meeting place so the people in our party who want different World Showcase quick service food like Japan, China and Fish & Chips can meet there and we can all eat together.

mickey2008.1

The only time we ate at Liberty Tree was in winter and got a crappy jalapeno pretzel. Even the inside was just meh! I get the burger theme, but at least make them good! Not the ordinary park burger. Show off with Angus, Bison, venison, or even turkey

StarWarsGirl

I used to eat there when I was a picky eater. Same with my brother. Now both of us have figured out something better.

Also, we eat at Commissary. To me, overall, the counter service fare at DHS is only so-so, so getting a burger at Commissary vs. getting one at Backlot Express is not a big difference.

whitney37354

We ate there on our first family trip because I had a somewhat picky DH & DD. DH had a cheeseburger, I had a chili dog, DD probably had nuggets or pb&j. They are a bit less picky now, so we went to Sunshine Season last trip!

loveglobe

If the liberty inn existed in a real restaurant market like New York City I think its safe to say it wouldn't last a year. The food might be fine but there are just too many other interesting options at Epcot. Also it apparently suffers from a branding issue as its name is getting confused with the liberty tree tavern. If a group of disney lovers can't keep them straight then that's a real problem! :confused:

teadrinker

There's a restaurant at the American pavilion at EPCOT? Who knew.. Why would I want to eat there when I could have pizza from Via Napoli, Fish & Chips in England, and all the other great dining options?

I've eaten at ABC commissary once. McDonald's was better.
The fish and chips taste nothing like they do over here in Britain!

DisneyFanaticUK

The fish and chips taste nothing like they do over here in Britain!

This! As a British person, I can consider myself a fish and chips expert and the meal at Epcot is awful. (and never mind the hilariously over-the-top representation of the UK. Where are all the chavs? And the excessive binge drinking?)

But to answer the OP's question, yes I eat at the Liberty Inn! The food still counts as "foreign" to me! :p

Seabasealpha1

I think I missed the part where there's a restaurant there (hangs head in shame...).

I do agree though...with all the other options...why would I want to eat anything that seems perfectly normal that I can get back here at home...?

Then again...EVERY time I pass that little hut in Frontierland that serves chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese (or used to?), I really want that...

I make no sense. ;)

righttrack

We went to ABC Commisary because it was air-conditioned and the only thing there. As for Liberty Inn, no, not in a million years. There are great choices all around World Showcase, the last thing I want is some kind of bland American food.

Matt_Black

Hmm... Looking over their menu, it does appear that they have a few items to distinguish it slightly from other American cuisine QS spots. The Louisiana-style shrimp with rice sounds particularly yummy.

teadrinker

This! As a British person, I can consider myself a fish and chips expert and the meal at Epcot is awful. (and never mind the hilariously over-the-top representation of the UK. Where are all the chavs? And the excessive binge drinking?)

But to answer the OP's question, yes I eat at the Liberty Inn! The food still counts as "foreign" to me! :p

I also wonder why the phone boxes don't smell of urine too? lol

NWDMD

I eat at American Inn, I've eaten at ABC Commissary but dislike it. I eat at Backlot Express... In fact it's one of my favorite quick service outside of Pecos Bill's. I prefer restaurants where I can get away from some of the traffic and park it for a little while.
Pecos Bills is my favorite because there's a dimly lit room that my kids will sleep in their strollers.
Backlot Express has that area in the corner where my kids will sleep too...
American Inn is always empty and quiet.

DisneyMusician2

I've eaten here with a few adult picky eaters. If I eat here I'll get the crab cakes just because it's something different.
I've always wondered who eats at ABC Commissary
Used to love the ABC commissary when they had a decent Cuban sandwich...now it's just honestly one of the worst locations out there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom