Does anyone even eat at...

rob0519

We've eaten at the Liberty Inn maybe twice in the last ten years. The space was nice, clean and fairly empty. Honestly, I don't remember anything about the food. We ate at the ABC Commisary only one time and that's becuase it was the last restaurant open in the park. I do remember being incredibly disapointed in the selection and quality of the food. Hightly unlikely we will eat then again, unless something changes for the better.

TinkerbellKate

I think I ate at the Liberty Inn once (and I've been to Disney a lot). It obviously wasn't memorable, lol. However, we actually enjoy ABC Commissary. We are probably among a select few who choose to eat there but it's never done us wrong.

slappy magoo

You got a picky kid or adult who wants burgers or nothing? You got real 'Murkans who think it's anti-'Murkan to NOT eat at a 'Murkan-themed restaurant when it's there for the choosing? You got foreign visitors who want to try "authentic" American-style fast food? Boom. There it is.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We ate at Liberty Inn for the 1st time in November and really enjoyed it. We got the surf and turf burger and fries, and the apple pie. We would eat there again. Sunshine Seasons is our fave QS there but this might now be a close second. :)

Ben_since_1971

I ate there last month. First time in about 7-8 years. I don't eat there because it's not part of my usual rotation for QS, but it was late, I was hungry, and needed to use a QS credit and I was there. Food nothing to write home about but I did like the Rocky Road brownie.

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
You won't go wrong at the Liberty Tree Tavern, great family style dinning. I have eaten there many times. No complaints.

Yes. I know that lots of people enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern. The restaurant I was referring to was Liberty Inn in Epcot.

You got a picky kid or adult who wants burgers or nothing? You got real 'Murkans who think it's anti-'Murkan to NOT eat at a 'Murkan-themed restaurant when it's there for the choosing? You got foreign visitors who want to try "authentic" American-style fast food? Boom. There it is.

You must be right or else they wouldn't stay open. I just never hear anyone talk about having eaten there.

We ate at Liberty Inn for the 1st time in November and really enjoyed it. We got the surf and turf burger and fries, and the apple pie. We would eat there again. Sunshine Seasons is our fave QS there but this might now be a close second. :)

That's interesting. I'm curious as to what made you want to eat there. I just can't imagine looking at all those choices and choosing that. I can see if you were stuck there or something as others have mentioned but to seek it out?

MaryJaneP

We ate there in past trips, especially because young kids we were giving their first WS trip to couldn't imagine "foreign" food. Now, things will be different.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I ate there a couple trips ago. We both really wanted the chicken tenders and that was the closest place to get them. It wasn't too busy (although we didn't go during a big meal time rush), the food was what we wanted, and we enjoyed our meal. It would be nice if a nicer restaurant went in the America pavilion, American cuisine is more than just burgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders; although they are delicious!

DizneyPryncess

We ate there in May for the first time. We were running really late for getting an IllumiNations spot and needed something fast. We happened to be out in front of it. They had burgers, and our toddler would happily eat a burger. So it was a deal. I don't think it was anything special, but wasn't bad either. Not crowded, so that was nice. I'd rather choose something more unique in the World Showcase, and usually do, but it was fine in a pinch.

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
Are there other restaurants besides Liberty Inn and ABC Commissary that fall in the category of hardly ever mentioned?

thecompman

While we do eat at the Commissary from time to time, in 10 yrs of going to WDW we have never eaten at the Liberty Inn. There's so many great food options at Epcot I can't imagine going there to get food you could get at any American restaurant off property.

gooftroop5

Once escaping a huge sudden storm. Bluck.

Plus the place reminds me of a McDonalds on steroids, large and noisy. That is our best foot forward for the American Pavilion?

I was thinking the same thing. While the US is a melting pot and a lot of food we do have has been lost in translation (there's nothing like authentic German, Italian, French, etc food!) I think the US does have some signature dishes depending on where you are from. When I think of "American" food I think of home cookin' straight from my Momma's kitchen. I'm from the Midwest were steak and potatoes is a staple (or meatloaf or pot roast). You've got fried chicken and cajun in the South and seafood in the East. I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot of other choices and I don't even know what Westerners eat. :banghead: However I think to do "American" food correctly you need a TS place. And better yet......let's make it a buffet. Oh geez, now I'm cracking myself up...........

Back to my point.....I think SOMETHING could definitely represent American food a little better than a "McDonalds on steroids". Or.......maybe not?!?!? Is that what we look like to other countries????

pug

ABC Commissary...that is a good one! I have also never eaten there. Have heard lots of horrible reviews. But again, someone must be eating there. I suspect it's the same person who eats at Liberty Inn. If we keep searching, we will find that guy...
It's nothing special at abc it's just burgers and a salad

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I seem to be the only person who ever mentions eating, much less enjoying, at the Sunset Ranch Market in DHS.

Haven't eaten at Sunset Ranch in a while, but at some point in the past they had the best Veggie Burger on property. Not even sure if it is still available.

Only ever gotten food for picky daughter at Liberty Inn. I think she has grown out of that need, though.

Haven't been to ABC Commissary since the 90s. No memory of it at all.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was thinking the same thing. While the US is a melting pot and a lot of food we do have has been lost in translation (there's nothing like authentic German, Italian, French, etc food!) I think the US does have some signature dishes depending on where you are from. When I think of "American" food I think of home cookin' straight from my Momma's kitchen. I'm from the Midwest were steak and potatoes is a staple (or meatloaf or pot roast). You've got fried chicken and cajun in the South and seafood in the East. I'm sure I'm missing a whole lot of other choices and I don't even know what Westerners eat. :banghead: However I think to do "American" food correctly you need a TS place. And better yet......let's make it a buffet. Oh geez, now I'm cracking myself up...........

Back to my point.....I think SOMETHING could definitely represent American food a little better than a "McDonalds on steroids". Or.......maybe not?!?!? Is that what we look like to other countries????

Seasons does QS real well and it has many American type foods.

I'd be offering some Chicago Style real hotdogs, not those chicken dogs or the ones with all that crud thrown ontop.
Maybe some authentic Texas Chili. Some Jambalaya, fried chicken, giant loaded baked potatoes and some versions of the wonderful fish from New England. I would like to add a steak sandwich but Disney just can't create a steak sandwich that isn't the texture of leather so I'll go with a carved turkey sandwich instead, similar to the Earl of Sandwich Holiday but with real meat over luncheon meat.

Communicore

I have never eaten at The Commissary. When I was a CM some Cosmic's "rejects" ended up working there and they didn't like it. I guess CM's and guests don't like it. The place seems like a corporate lunchroom. The menu seems weird, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom