Does anybody drive off site to shop?

Figgy1

Premium Member
This past trip as always we hit both the official Disney outlet stores and saved quite a bit! I put quite a dent in my Christmas shopping list there and it's only June! If you have the time I'd say go and shop away!!!!!!!!!!!

MouseGear

I Drive can offer some bargains. There some proper dodgy looking shops that I wouldnt be so sure if they were genuine Disney or not, but Orlando Premium Outlets has a Disney shop for last minute bargains, and I think the airport (MCO) on the way home has a Disney shop

Much-Pixie-Dust

We find some things in the Disney Section of the Target on US192. Quality is fine and selection is decent. DD likes to shop there because she can get more souvenirs for her money. They have shirts, frames, plush characters, key chains, and such.

luv

I used to advise people to not bother with the off-property shops because the quality was so poor. Now...Disney quality isn't much better, if at all, so...I don't think going to the discount shops is all that bad an idea.

You can get actual Disney World stuff at the Disney outlets and it is cheaper. It is almost always stuff they're no longer selling in the parks, but every once in while, you'll find stuff there that is still being sold in the parks, only it's like 1/2 the park prices.

When people come to visit me, I always drop by the outlet stores to find cheapo, but authentic "Walt Disney World" souvenirs to give them. Even people who rather sprain their wrist than go to a theme park, lol, will end up being given something, even if it is a golf ball. I think that if you visit Orlando, you should get something Mickeyish!

Mikester71

I'm bad at remembering which streets they are on, but we usually head to a nearby Sam's Club and Target to buy a few groceries and supplies for our room. We hit up a few of the Outlet stores, but usually just to look around.

yensid67

CONFESSIONS OF A DISNEY SHOPPER!

On almost ever trip, I had always shopped for family and friends inside the parks, until I read about going to Walmart, Target and the Character Warehouse to get DISNEY Labeled items and a fraction of the park prices. I didn't do it because I KNEW that the item were not TRUE Disney Park items that came from the parks! My May 2013 trip I sucked it up and went to Walmart in Kissimmee and found ALOT of the friends and family souvenirs there for a lot less than the parks. I still shopped inside the parks for a Tshirst or 1 or 2 other items, but going to Walmart and buying those few items saved me a lot of money and headache!

Groupsure

The Character Warehouse at Premium Outlets on Vineland has some random amazing bargains. Don't let anyone tell you its ALL old stock...we picked up household disney goods which are current in Epcot at half price and character collectable cups at half price to what is currently being sold in Mousegear.
Sure, its a lottery what they get but when they do the prices smash inside and you can easily save a hundred bucks or more with a basket of goods.

Dwarful

We are driving in on Sat. May 31st. I think we are going to try to find The Character Warehouse this trip...making that our first stop.

Groupsure

We are driving in on Sat. May 31st. I think we are going to try to find The Character Warehouse this trip...making that our first stop.

Preimium at Vineland - once parked up, head for the Food court in the centre, the Disney store is located right next to the doors there...Happy huntung ;-)

POLY LOVER

The town of Celebration and the192 route has numerous shopping spots. For food the publix on 192 at the water towers shops

yensid67

On our last trip we went to Walmart in Kissimmee and bought all of our Disney souvenirs, the shirts even had the Disney Parks tag in them. So if you bought shirts at Walmart, no one would ever know the difference! They have a HUGE Disney section! You can certainly find a lot of Disney there...they may have other parks as well, wasn't really concerned with them!

As Draybook mentioned

ItlngrlBella

Walmart and Target. If you hit Target in Kissimmee at the right time (between seasons), they have tons of Disney clothing on clearance. I've always found hoodies, kids jackets, sweatshirts for 1/3 of the price they would charge in the parks.

Weather_Lady

Confession time: I really dislike shopping. I see no point in wasting precious vacation time scouting out souvenirs, especially offsite as we don't rent a car. If I'm looking for something more expensive than a nice pencil from our resort gift shop (and a pencil can cost you several dollars, believe it or not!), I buy it ahead of time, online, from the Disney Store website -- when there's a sale -- and give it to the intended friend, house sitter, teacher, etc., upon my return, as a Disney-themed gesture of appreciation. No one has ever demanded to know whether I personally toted it back from Disney World -- they're just happy we thought of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom