1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Does a 2-yr-old count in room count?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by MamaK, Jul 5, 2007.

1. MamaK

MamaK New Member

Next year, I'll be traveling to Disney, and our family will need a room for 2 adults, 2 children (over 3) and a 2-yr-old. I know they don't charge for dining plan or tix if they're under three. But does he count in the room count? Should I be able to book a room that "sleeps 4" or will they require me to have a room that sleeps 5? I know Poly has rooms to sleep 5, but I'm trying to find lower cost alternatives, and most other hotels only have rooms for 4 (unles syou go to a deluxe suite).

Anyone know? Especially considering the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks,

MamaK
  2. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

I think the officialpolicy is that under 3 does not count if they are sleeping in a crib. I could be wrong about this, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.
    One other alternative is to book POR with a trundle bed room. It will cost more than a value resort though.
  3. tigsmom

tigsmom Well-Known Member

You should be ok if the little one will stay in a crib. Make sure that you request a crib when making your reservations.
  4. Cara1210

Cara1210 New Member

You will be fine. That is exactly our situation this year at WL. :)
  5. shoppingnut

shoppingnut Active Member

6. JPVonDrake

JPVonDrake Well-Known Member

Officially...

All Disney Resort room categories can accomodate the maximum party mix listed on our website plus 1 infant under the age of 3. Pack-n-Play Cribs can be provided at no additional charge at all Disney Resorts.

For safety and security reasons, all Guests regardless of age must be listed on the room reservation.