Do you think an Adult only resort will ever happen?

roj2323

Original Poster
I enjoy visiting the parks, but I have no interest in staying at the resorts mostly due to screaming kids. (I prefer my vacations to be relaxing) It seems to me that disney would have an interesting / unique opportunity if they offered an adults only resort. What do you think?

KeithVH

With emphasis

grumpy-cat-no-5.jpg

ImagineerDude

And perhaps they could have adults only days at the parks (a bit like EMH) where each park takes it in turns to refuse entry to kids

What a bl**dy silly idea
Or at least strollers. :rolleyes:

And I don't really notice screaming kids as much as screaming tour groups at the resort (mostly at the values). Have you tried Caribbean Beach? It's huge and very relaxing besides the food court and main pool. They have basic "quiet" pools in each of the villages too.

BuzzKillington

I have no interest in staying at the resorts mostly due to screaming kids. (I prefer my vacations to be relaxing)

How dare you come on this site and refer to our children as a bunch of "screaming kids". Granted, Non-Family Guests consist of about 25% of those who visit Disney parks so I could see where there might be a market for an adult-only resort. However, Disney considers anyone over the age of 12 a "second-class guest" and if you start to make concessions to them, they will demand more. I could see this leading to not only adult-only resorts but also adult-only restaurants, rides, character M&G's, parade routes, bathrooms, etc.. This obviously is not going to happen so you really need to go elsewhere on your vacations in order to get away from the "screaming kids".

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I enjoy visiting the parks, but I have no interest in staying at the resorts mostly due to screaming kids. (I prefer my vacations to be relaxing) It seems to me that disney would have an interesting / unique opportunity if they offered an adults only resort. What do you think?
If there is one thing we know for sure it's that Disney loves to make money. You would think if there was a strong demand for something like this they would build it. Then again they did close pleasure island which appeared to be profitable.

I don't know how much true demand there would be. Lots of adults without kids stay at the resorts now and enjoy them. I'm sure some would be interested in an adult only resort, but many probably would be just as happy staying at their current favorite resort. There is also a large portion of the adult only crowd that are in town for a convention or conference. If the conference is at the CR convention center people want to stay at CR for convenience. Same with Coronado Springs and Yacht Club. Maybe they could convert Coronado Springs to an adult only resort since it's isolated and already has convention space. The only problem with that is a lot of people who come to WDW for a convention like to bring their family with them. The kids enjoy the parks during the day while one of the parents attends the convention.

I don't think WDW will ever compete with places like Vegas or all-inclusive Caribbean resorts that cater to a more adults only crowd. If someone really wants to get away from kids they aren't likely to have interest in going to WDW. As soon as they left their adult only resort and went to the parks or DTD they would be right back in the mix with strollers and kids.

For an adult only place to work at WDW it would probably need to be a boutique type hotel. Something small scale but high end. Possibly built at or near Disney Springs. A few hundred rooms, spa, luxury amenities, a small, unthemed pool and a high end lounge. I'm not sure if Disney would care to build and operate something like that, but maybe they could bring in a hotel partner to run the place.

How dare you come on this site and refer to our children as a bunch of "screaming kids". Granted, Non-Family Guests consist of about 25% of those who visit Disney parks so I could see where there might be a market for an adult-only resort. However, Disney considers anyone over the age of 12 a "second-class guest" and if you start to make concessions to them, they will demand more. I could see this leading to not only adult-only resorts but also adult-only restaurants, rides, character M&G's, parade routes, bathrooms, etc.. This obviously is not going to happen so you really need to go elsewhere on your vacations in order to get away from the "screaming kids".

Calm down Mr. Spalding, it was just a question.
How exactly do you know that Disney considers everyone over 12 a "second-class guest"?

disney4life2008

I am sorry but disneyworld is not a oprivate island resort. If you are looking for adults only you are vacationing in the wrong pplace. To your credit though, this did exist under the failed disney Institute experiment. If i recall the literature stated it was an adults only rretreat.

jimbojones

The adult version of Disney World already exists. Its called La Vegas.

I love Disney and have been there 15+ times but other than the kid friendliness of it there is absolutely nothing it offers that is superior to any other vacation at a similar price point. Travel more and you can find places you will like far more that don't suffer from 100s of thousands of screaming kids. You can find places with better food, better (more sophisticated than cartoon characters jumping around) entertainment, better hotel rooms, better service and see the real versions of the fake things you can see at Disney. I have no idea why an adult would want to go to Disney without kids when for the same or less money the real world has so much more to offer other than wanting to feel like a kid. If you want to feel like a kid for a week you need to remember that kids scream and if you don't like that Disney is a very silly vacation.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sometimes I think it would fun to have an adult only resort or adult only hours at the park but it just isn't that practical. Plus sometimes adults can behave like children so it wouldn't be that much of a change! :) And a sometimes children behave better than adults. So its a draw.

Webb

Not sure Disney would cater to adults only ,as previously stated PI was dismantled and that was adult only clubs. My husband and I are Disney regulars and its just us. Honestly going to Disney you know kids will be there it is Disney! I think its fun seeing how excited the kids are! Of course you see some meltdowns but honestly I've seen adult meltdowns and those are much worse! Grown people should know better!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The adult version of Disney World already exists. Its called La Vegas.

I love Disney and have been there 15+ times but other than the kid friendliness of it there is absolutely nothing it offers that is superior to any other vacation at a similar price point. Travel more and you can find places you will like far more that don't suffer from 100s of thousands of screaming kids. You can find places with better food, better (more sophisticated than cartoon characters jumping around) entertainment, better hotel rooms, better service and see the real versions of the fake things you can see at Disney. I have no idea why an adult would want to go to Disney without kids when for the same or less money the real world has so much more to offer other than wanting to feel like a kid. If you want to feel like a kid for a week you need to remember that kids scream and if you don't like that Disney is a very silly vacation.
I've been to Vegas as many times as I've been to WDW. Great place. Lots of fun. Totally different experience.

I don't think the original post was intended to suggest WDW should be exclusive to adults. He said he loves the parks but doesn't stay at the resorts because he wants a place to go back to where he can unwind and relax without a bunch of kids. Before I had kids I visited WDW and enjoyed PI for just that reason. The parks were a blast and I didn't have any issues with packs of screaming kids there but at night I could grab a few drinks and unwind without worrying about tripping over strollers. It's too bad that concept is gone, but I'm glad I got to enjoy it when I was in "my prime".

As far as resorts go, I think there may be a market, but it's very much a niche market. Disney tends to cater to the masses these days. They don't really do niche all that much anymore. It's a risk that maybe a third party would consider. Possibly Flamingo Crossing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom