Votes: 17 18.3%
  • never rode it

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • too young to remember

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

jmarc63

Original Poster
I was wondering if any members out there remember riding the Skyway at WDW and if they miss it

WDWspider

This is one of the few that really doesn't phase me that it is gone. Maybe it added a little something more when walking through the park to see the ride above, but I really don't mind that it is gone either.

GaryT977

For me, it was a chance to sit down, relax for a couple of minutes and see the park from a different angle. But there were always jerks either shaking the cab or spitting from it.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by GaryT977
For me, it was a chance to sit down, relax for a couple of minutes and see the park from a different angle. But there were always jerks either shaking the cab or spitting from it.
it was also a great way to sneak a cigarette if you were with your parents or on a school trip.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by spider-man
This is one of the few that really doesn't phase me that it is gone. Maybe it added a little something more when walking through the park to see the ride above, but I really don't mind that it is gone either.

Yeah... same here. Still, there is something about those rides that give me the creeps. I'm not afraid of heights or anything, I just really can't enjoy those rides. TTA, now that is a relaxing ride.

WDWFREAK53

I don't miss this attraction at all...but...I DO miss the waterfall in Tomorrowland...and I do not like to see the empty buildings with no use (Especially since the "Swiss" look of the fantasyland building is very attractive)

This is one of those attractions that I feel kind of "loses" the theme...I mean, the skyway looked great for fantasyland...but...once you entered Tomorrowland airspace...it was out of place

meeko_33785

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
This is one of those attractions that I feel kind of "loses" the theme...I mean, the skyway looked great for fantasyland...but...once you entered Tomorrowland airspace...it was out of place

I agree but thought it seemed out of place in Fantasyland as well. After they took down the skyway, put Ariel's Grotto by the lagoon and repainted the Castle after the 25th I liked Fantasyland so much better. Now if only they could do something to the character greeting area in the 20,000 Legues queue. It just looks too out of place and could use a change to fix the theming.

orangefan15

It was fun, but the line was always too long.

Besides, too many kids nowadays drop things and spit on people, etc. from this type of ride. I think MK is better off without it.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
The skyway always gave me the creeps when I was a lot younger. I was affraid I would fall...etc... I dont miss it. :)

Tim G

Originally posted by jmarc63
I was wondering if any members out there remember riding the Skyway at WDW and if they miss it

I miss it because I'm always too lazy to walk..
and it came in handy getting back

But I dont miss it because of the way it looked
It was the most ugly thing i've ever seen

EthylCooper

Originally posted by sandjhooker
I miss the ride, but I don't miss the wait in line. I don't think I ever got on in less than 30 minutes.

My first trip was in June '99, not very long before they took it down. It was practically deserted. At first we didn't even see a cast member when we got into the building, but one appeared & we walked right on. I'm really glad we got a chance to ride it while it was still up and I really enjoyed the view. (Of course, we saw the tracks in the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon & ended up waiting in the Ariel's Grotto line thinking it was a ride! :rolleyes: )

EthylCooper

I only got to ride it once, but I remember it was a great view. If I had known it would be gone the next time, I would have gotten in an extra ride or two. I can't even remember exactly where it set us down, but I remember the ride was quiet and relaxing, and very pretty.

agdbeanie

The view was amazing (imagine the astro orbitors going very slow) and the ride was relaxing (like the peoplemover). I miss it a lot and I didn't mind that it didn't fit in too much in Tomorrowland. I actually never noticed that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom