Do you like Tomorrowland Speedway/Autopia?

KraftServices

Nope. Can't stand the smell, the one time I went on it I didn't think it was fun at all, and the theming is just kind of weird now. It could definitely stand to get a redesign if they don't scrap it completely and fit something or somethings else in the space.

Smiley/OCD

Don't mind the smell (I'm from NJ and we DON'T have self service, my first job at 14 was pumping gas)...yes, the cars are old and a re-theming is in order, perhaps with a Cars overlay, shrink the track and give 2 laps instead of one. You'll be able to see everything twice while only standing in line once...get rid of that annoying center rail, and give riders a little more leeway on how they drive. Just my 2 cents.

kap91

The speedway is boring as hell but Autopia is fantastic with so much scenery and a really awesome layout.

Captain Barbossa

Even though a hover round mobility scooter can go faster, I love the speedway!! Such a classic attraction. Yes it lacks the futuristic theme of Towmorrowland, but that's what makes it unique. Love to see the look on little kids faces when they get behind the wheel for the first time. Not a big fan when they ram you in the back and think that it's funny, but I don't loose my cool. I tell myself I was that kid once.

Surfin' Tuna

The smell and noise annoy me the older I get. The lines are usually too long for me to motivate to give it a shot, but my kid always asks. We did it last week, and she loved it. It's not the smoothest ride in the park, but BTMRR is also a little on the jerky side. The kids enjoy it, and it is almost relaxing on the back half. Maybe I'm too sentimental, but I also like some of the older rides along with all the IP and high-tech stuff that seems to be taking over the parks.

BigRedDad

It is LONG outdated. It fit in the 70s but no longer. It takes up a massive amount of space that can be better utilized to a true Tomorrowland attraction. Take away the entrance and queue to Space Mountain and all you have is a boring 40yo coaster. Buzz, Laugh Floor, Stitch, Astro Orbiter have nothing to do with a land of tomorrow. I have always said they need to rename it to Decades Past Land.

As for the Speedway, they could easily change this to a Tron Lightcycle attraction. At least that would approach Tomorrowland. If anything really needs a massive refurb, it is Yesterland. Every single attraction needs an update.

deltaandthebannermen

Original Poster
Goodness. I had no idea of the strength of feeling about Autopia/Speedway. Can anyone explain the sounds and smell? Never having ridden it, I'm not sure what the problems are.
What do people think of the recent Honda update of Autopia at Disneyland?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Most of the people on this board complain that there is not enough rides for boys aged 8 to 14. Now you want to take away the one ride they have. Scratching my head on this one.

That would be boys from the 70's and 80's. Most children these days are only interested in portable screens and larger ones they cant carry around.

yaksplat

My boys never want to ride on it. There are better driving experiences anywhere that there are go carts with less waiting. We like to do things at WDW that we can't do anywhere else. Driving an overly slow car is not one of them. With the amount of exhaust that it kicks out, i'd be happy to see something good go in its place.

rkleinlein

My kids HATED this ride: the cars are too hard to steer, are unresponsive, and go too slow. But mostly it's BORING. They hadn't felt as ripped-off since Stitch. Both of these attractions need to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom