Do you ever get bored with a resort when staying for several nights?

Do you get bored after 4 nights at the same resort?

• Yes! I need more variety and change!

• No! It allows time to settle in and have a home away from home.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmandaP

Original Poster
We are military and currently have a 4 night stay reserved at AKL for Aug 30th through Sept 3. The stay is for my son's 8th birthday and I'm wondering if we'll get bored of the resort after 4 nights. I was thinking of staying at Art of Animation our first two night and then transferring to AKL for the last two. That way when we get there, there's that initial "wow we're really at WDW" feeling for my son, you know with all of the color and kid appeal at the AoA. Then the AKL would be a cool treat and a whole other wow factor for the second half. With the military discount, I could go either way and the price is about the same within 100 dollars, really just going for wow factor and overall experience.

Any thoughts? Do you get bored after 4 days at the same resort? Is 2 nights too short when resort hopping?

**Edit - we do have several hours of down time planned at the resort each day. This will also be our first trip to back to WDW with our family's newest addition who will only be 7 months old at the time of the trip. Stroller naps won't be enough down time for him to recharge for evenings at the park so we're taking about 4 hours each afternoon back at the resort to relax.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think with only 4 nights skipping to 2 resorts would be a little much. We were just at WDW for 2 weeks and switched after one week and that was perfect, with the amount of time we spent at both we got to know each, settle in and relax before moving on. We like to unpack and settle in, and if I only had 2 nights that wouldn't happen. If you plan on buying anything and shipping it back to the resort that might get close with your check out as well. Are you planning on spending a lot of time at the resort or more in the parks? If you spend a ton of time in the resort than maybe you would get bored. Again personally I wouldn't want the hassle of unpacking, packing, moving, repeating with a short amount of time. It's vacation and time to relax, run around the parks like a crazy person (well not run), and then relax some more.

Belle_MTL

We seem to be the odd man out here, but we found AKL to get old fast. Thankfully were only there for 3 nights. On the other hand we have stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins for 2 weeks at a time without ever getting bored. We have little ones too and always head back to the cabin/room in the afternoon to recharge and for the kids to nap.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No we don't get bored at Kidani or AKL even if there for 2 weeks! lol. We have switched to another for 3-4 days or so if staying 2 weeks but usually stay at the same resort where ever that may be for our whole trip even though we are usually there 2 weeks. Switching is a lot of trouble for that long much less if only there 4 nights. ;)

Last edited:

epcotisbest

We go at least twice per year, one week onsite another week later in the year offsite. Each visit is for a minimum of seven nights, and we like staying at the same place for the whole trip. Sometimes we will add a night or two somewhere else to extend the week long stay and that might be somewhere different if we find a bargain, but no, we don't get bored staying at the same place. And, seven nights at AKL was not enough.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I never get bored, no matter the length of my stay. That's because I realize that when I get home, no one will do chores for me like: (1) make the beds, (2) clean the bathrooms, (3) give me fresh linens, (4) do the dishes [we stay in DVC villas], (5) pick up the place, (6) take out the trash, etc., etc......

Missymoe4

I agree with most posters. I believe skipping resorts after two days is difficult, especially with two little kids. Stay and enjoy your resort. :) And you probably won't get bored at AKL. I have yet to be bored at any of the hotels. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom