Do you belong to any Disneyland social clubs?

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm part of an anti-Star Wars/Frozen/Marvel/Haunted Mansion Holiday/Bob Iger/sleeveless denim vests covered with pins/bubble wands social club. Memberships start at $750. You must pass three devices of such lethal cunning after payment is received. Any takers?

Phroobar

Original Poster
I'm part of an anti-Star Wars/Frozen/Marvel/Haunted Mansion Holiday/Bob Iger/sleeveless denim vests covered with pins/bubble wands social club. Memberships start at $750. You must pass three devices of such lethal cunning after payment is received. Any takers?

Booby traps?

Oh, yes. But I found the clues that will safely take us through them in the Chronicles of St. Anselm.

Well, what are they? Can't you remember?

Figments Friend

How do i sign up?!?!

Anyone can be a Member as long as they are a big fan of Tony and his works.
No 'Membership Fees', it is open to all.
:)

There is a oath involved however, and already having a appreciation for his watercolor paintings is a plus.
Bonus points if you are a huge fan of his 'Discovery Bay' concept, and really love the film '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea'..!

;)

-

Last edited:

Bacon

Anyone can be a Member as long as they are a big fan of Tony and his works.
No 'Membership Fees', it is open to all.
:)

There is a oath involved however, and already having a appreciation for his watercolor paintings is a plus.
Bonus points if you are a huge fan of his 'Discovery Bay' concept, and really love the film '20,000 Leagues Under The Sea'..!

;)

-
i want the card omg!

Curious Constance

Bob isn't happy.

upload_2016-8-28_8-55-51.png

LongLiveTheKing

I'm sorry but if you are in a Disneyland gang and act like you control certain parts of the park as if it's your "turf" you may have a mental imbalance.

And by "may", I mean, without a doubt, absolute certainty.
Do any of these groups seriously act like they own parts of the park? It just looks like they're hangout groups with a message board for members that organize group trips

Phroobar

Original Poster
Disneyland was taken over by hippie Yippies back on August 6, 1970. They declared Tom Sawyers island to be a independent Yippie country. Disney had to call in the swat teams to get rid of them. Funny how these people are now our parents and grandparents. These people had more balls than any silly social group today.

What would Disney do if this actually happened today? Disney would be in a real pickle if it happened during Gay Days.

DISNEY01.jpg

YIPPIES-DLAND-7.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies3.jpg

8_6_70_Protest4.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies4.jpg

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Do any of these groups seriously act like they own parts of the park? It just looks like they're hangout groups with a message board for members that organize group trips

I doubt it amounts to much, but I remember hearing about a scuffle that broke out back when a Fantasmic spot was still able to be scoped out with a blanket ahead of time. One of the "gang"members had a blanket and a vest down to hold a spot, and one of the rival "gangs" took issue. I don't know much about it, but from what I see/hear it's completely ridiculous.

Stevek

Disneyland was taken over by hippie Yippies back on August 6, 1970. They declared Tom Sawyers island to be a independent Yippie country. Disney had to call in the swat teams to get rid of them. Funny how these people are now our parents and grandparents. These people had more balls than any silly social group today.

What would Disney do if this actually happened today? Disney would be in a real pickle if it happened during Gay Days.

DISNEY01.jpg

YIPPIES-DLAND-7.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies3.jpg

8_6_70_Protest4.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies4.jpg

I'm guessing most of these folks might not have made it in...if Disney could tell they were part of the protest group. They pretty much knew what was going to happen prior to the event if I remember correctly. Here's an article written by someone who was there, blamed most of the issues on Disney.

https://disneygeek.com/columns/cast_member/data/cm_column.php?file=dland_simmons_yippies.data&author=Steve Simmons&title=The Yippies Invade Disneyland

and a three part story from Jim Hill

https://disneygeek.com/columns/cast...e Simmons&title=The Yippies Invade Disneyland

Phroobar

Original Poster
I wonder what would happen if a protest group gathered inside Disneyland. How fast would those people 'disappear' and end up at the unhappiest place on Earth?

Last edited:

SSG

I doubt it amounts to much, but I remember hearing about a scuffle that broke out back when a Fantasmic spot was still able to be scoped out with a blanket ahead of time. One of the "gang"members had a blanket and a vest down to hold a spot, and one of the rival "gangs" took issue. I don't know much about it, but from what I see/hear it's completely ridiculous.

I picture them walking around like this

LongLiveTheKing

DISNEY01.jpg

YIPPIES-DLAND-7.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies3.jpg

8_6_70_Protest4.jpg

8_6_70_Yippies4.jpg
The cringe level on that is far over 9000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom