Do WDW Resort guests get preferd seating times compared to off site guests?

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Whenever my Dad has called WDW Dinning to make a priority seating arrangment they always ask him if we are staying at a WDW Resort, then he has told them the Contemporary. Well we have always wondered does Walt Disney World give better priority seating times to their own guests staying on property, then to guests who might be staying off property. I would hope they do not because every guest who makes a priority seating arrangment should be treated the same & not be judged on what hotel they are staying at. My best guess is that they ask what Resort we are staying at because, they would want to see how many of their guests eat at restaurants in Walt Disney World (Collecting data for future info I would guess). So what are your thoughts on this subject?

Nicole

Nope. I have stayed on and off-site and still been able to have my choice of times at restaurants. They ask you what resort you are staying at so that they can link your dining reservations to your room reservation - for YOUR convenience. I am traveling next time on an AP discount with a reservation code that the computer won't accept, so my dining reservations are linked to my home phone number.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Nicole said:
Nope. I have stayed on and off-site and still been able to have my choice of times at restaurants. They ask you what resort you are staying at so that they can link your dining reservations to your room reservation - for YOUR convenience. I am traveling next time on an AP discount with a reservation code that the computer won't accept, so my dining reservations are linked to my home phone number.
Thanks for your response.

Tim G

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Whenever my Dad has called WDW Dinning to make a priority seating arrangment they always ask him if we are staying at a WDW Resort, then he has told them the Contemporary. Well we have always wondered does Walt Disney World give better priority seating times to their own guests staying on property, then to guests who might be staying off property. I would hope they do not because every guest who makes a priority seating arrangment should be treated the same & not be judged on what hotel they are staying at. My best guess is that they ask what Resort we are staying at because, they would want to see how many of their guests eat at restaurants in Walt Disney World (Collecting data for future info I would guess). So what are your thoughts on this subject?
There's no difference... except that if you're staying on the resort, at the moment of calling, you don't need to give them your address etc. etc... just your name, resort you're staying and your room number...

JPVonDrake

I’ll be happy to explain why each question is asked when booking a dinning reservation.

How many are in your party?

We need to know what size table or combination of tables your family will need. Please remember that if you have an infant in your party you do include them. We will ask the ages of your children and WILL NOT CHARGE an infant age 2 or under, but will need to ensure there is room at your table for them. Even if your child is a newborn and will be in a carrier, we still need to count them for fire code capacity reasons.

Are you staying at a Disney Resort? What day do you check-in / what is your room number?

This is asked so if we need to contact you concerning your dine reservation once you arrive, we can simply leave a voice mail message on your in-room phone. If we need to contact you concerning your dine reservation prior to your arrival, (this is extremely rare) we would call your home phone number and leave a detailed message.

May I have your home phone number?

The main reason we ask this is to use your phone number as a backup confirmation number. If you forget / lose your confirmation number, we can do a search by your phone number to find your dine reservation. We recommend you always give us your home phone number, not a cell or other phone number, so everyone in your party (i.e. your spouse) knows what number was used, since a family may have several cell phones but the whole family has one home phone. Also, if you wish to confirm all your dine reservations at once, we can search by your phone number and read them back to you. This is a major convenience if you lose or forget your list of confirmation numbers.

Are you on a vacation package that includes your meals?

First, this is not a sales tool to get you to book a dine plan. We ask so we can ensure your choice of restaurant is included on your plan, and if it is a Signature Restaurant, we can let you know that it counts as two of your table service meals.

May I have the ages of anyone under the age of 10?

We then list this on your reservation, so the restaurant knows how may children’s menus to offer, and so we can offer highchairs or booster seats if needed. Also, if the location requires a credit card to prepay your meal or guaranteed your table, we can charge you correctly.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
So let's say you need to contact a family that is not staying at WDW, you then try to call their home phone number, but what if they have already left for their vacation, then how do you contact them?

JPVonDrake

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
So let's say you need to contact a family that is not staying at WDW, you then try to call their home phone number, but what if they have already left for their vacation, then how do you contact them?

Simply put, once a non-resort Guest arrives in Orlando we can't. The Guest would be informed at the location if the restuarant had to close for a unforseen reason. Do keep in mind that it is extremely rare that we would not be able to honor a dinning reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom