Do I need to cancel ADR before I re book?

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Hi, have an 11.25 ADR for Chef Mickeys early October for my sons 4th Birthday...
Intentionally took as late as possible so we could get as much time in MK as possible that day so all had gone to plan and I was happy...

However, now the brunch announcement has come out about CM, it would suit is better to eat approx an hour later than our current ressie, and I was hoping to re book a later slot when they are released but unsure if MDE will see this and make me cancel the original ADR putting me at risk of losing it all together which isn't an option!

Anyone know if I'll be able to re book and if successful cancel the original reservation afterwards as the times will be so close together??

Thanks!

JohnD

Sure. Go ahead and book the new ADR first, guaranteeing you're holding the old ADR in the interim. If within the same hour, MDE will tell you and confirm you want to release the old ADR. You won't lose the old ADR until you finalize the new one.

If outside of the hour, both will be booked so just remember to cancel the ADR yourself. Make sure it's no later than a day in advance or you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Sure. Go ahead and book the new ADR first, guaranteeing you're holding the old ADR in the interim. If within the same hour, MDE will tell you and confirm you want to release the old ADR. You won't lose the old ADR until you finalize the new one.

If outside of the hour, both will be booked so just remember to cancel the ADR yourself. Make sure it's no later than a day in advance or you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee.

Thanks, good news then if I can get a bit later... Wasn't sure if the system would automatically realise that I already had a reservation at the same place and a similar time and possibly make me cancel one before booking the other and in the meantime lose everything which you'll appreciate is my worst nightmare!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Wasn't sure if the system would automatically realise that I already had a reservation at the same place and a similar time and possibly make me cancel one before booking the other
When you click the new time slot, the system reminds you that you already have a booking at a similar time.
It then asks if you want to cancel this. Say "No" and it returns you to the dining pages. Say "Yes" and it advises that the existing booking will be retained until the new one is confirmed.
You're in a win, win situation

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
When you click the new time slot, the system reminds you that you already have a booking at a similar time.
It then asks if you want to cancel this. Say "No" and it returns you to the dining pages. Say "Yes" and it advises that the existing booking will be retained until the new one is confirmed.
You're in a win, win situation

Thanks, I'll see how we get on when they release the brunch slots from tomorrow....

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies....

Managed to get a Brunch ADR in place of the earlier breakfast one we had! :)

CaptainAmerica

For anyone who might read this later on, you don't have to cancel and rebook a new reservation at all. You can change the time of an existing reservation and keep the same confirmation number.

CaptainAmerica

Can you do this online?
I've done it before but, looking now, it appears that they've disabled that functionality. It's probably a good thing because MDX was always buggy reflecting the new time when you made the change. I wonder if people were rescheduling reservations to future dates before cancelling to avoid the 24-hour cancellation fees.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
For anyone who might read this later on, you don't have to cancel and rebook a new reservation at all. You can change the time of an existing reservation and keep the same confirmation number.
I thought that after I posted but that wasn't an option when I did it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom