DME question

asa disney

Original Poster
We are taking Magical Express on Thursday evening to PORS and have six bags but only five DME luggage tags. Our TA told us that when we go to the DME desk they can scan our baggage claim receipts from the airline and somehow all of our bags-even the one without a DME luggage tag will be delivered to our room. Anyone ever tried this? Did it work?

DizPlutoFan

i would NOT count on that copy ur tag on the computer or scanner and staple it on i know thats all not a 100% but i would put it just in case i cant hurt good luck i would love to know how it works out

Betsyboo

We are taking Magical Express on Thursday evening to PORS and have six bags but only five DME luggage tags. Our TA told us that when we go to the DME desk they can scan our baggage claim receipts from the airline and somehow all of our bags-even the one without a DME luggage tag will be delivered to our room. Anyone ever tried this? Did it work?
I"m sure this has happened before. You can always pick up your luggage if it's an issue and take it with you on DME instead of the them transferring it for you. Do you have time to call? Maybe they can give you information over the phone. I have faith that Disney will make it right and get all your bags to PORS.

Here's a link on the website that might help.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...-and-check-in/magical-express-without-packet/

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Take a digital photo of the untagged bag and print it off to show when you check in at the DME counter. It'll speed the process. They have a big chart of every style of luggage there is and ask you to find yours, it's easier if you show them.

Once they have that and your luggage claim tag, it's relatively easy for them to recover your extra bag. I've done this before both with a single untagged bag amongst the rest being tagged and where all my bags had no tags, worked like a charm!

officialtom

We've always had absolutely perfect experiences with DME and the luggage service so I'm fully confident they'll arrange this for you without issues. Just ask!

Rob562

i would NOT count on that copy ur tag on the computer or scanner and staple it on i know thats all not a 100% but i would put it just in case i cant hurt good luck i would love to know how it works out

I would suggest that you *not* do this option. (Nor should you tear a tag in two and put each half on different bags, which I've read online before) Each tag has a unique serial number. And while it *probably* won't cause an issue, the system seeing the same serial number for two different bags could cause confusion.

I also believe the Bell Services person delivering bags might get stiffed on a tip by one bag. They scan the bags when they deliver them to your room and DME gives them a per-bag tip. Scanning the same barcode on two different suitcases would look to the system that they scanned the same bag twice and only tip them for 5 bags instead of 6.

So I'd go with the other suggestions of not tagging one bag, take a pic and then stop at the DME counter when you get to Orlando. Make sure to keep track of which baggage claim stub goes with that particular bag.

Also for future instances, call DME and ask them for more tags. They'll be happy to send more.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom