DLR Picture of the Day

SpaceMountain75

DSCN1753.JPG

photomatt

Photos of the day from 1984....the Grand Opening of World Premiere CircleVision-July 4, 1984. American Journeys ran by day and Wonders of China ran at night. How many of you miss this version of Tomorrowland (do I really need to ask)?

Were you there during the opening of Captain EO, Star Tours or the 24 hour party on July 17th, 1985? I'm just wondering because you seem to have pictures from this time period. I was there for the opening of Star Tours and the 30th birthday, but I don't have any pictures.

photomatt

The 13th floor. When we checked in the CM said its one of the few US hotels that has a 13th floor!!

Here's some trivia, for those who are interested. Before Disney bought the hotel it was called the Pan Pacific Hotel, and it was owned by an Asian company. Many of the guests who stayed there were Japanese. The Japanese don't have the superstition of the number 13, which is why they have a 13th floor. Prior to being called the Pan Pacific, it was called the Emerald. There was also a pretty good sushi restaurant on the ground floor, just past the entrance to the lobby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom