DLR eliminates use of hand stamps for reentry

mickEblu

Original Poster
Quoting Tom Hanks in Polar Express: "These tickets....are....nonnnnn-transferrrrrrrrablllllllllle!!!!!"

The end of an era. Oh, the wonderful childhood suspense of wondering if your stamp survived the motel pool break...

Lol. But couldn't someone just say they forgot to get their hand stamped?

Ismael Flores

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland...es_use_of_hand_stamp/?st=J5047939&sh=752130b2

Which begs the question. What was the purpose of hand stamps anyway? Was it to help the lines go faster or did they ask to see your ticket and stamp upon reentry? Which doesn't make sense to me as I think the ticket should be good enough.

I believe they had an issue before all the new gadgets were available. So what they did was have people show their ticket and the handstand to prove they had been in the park. Without the handstand guests with multiple people could cheat the system.

Let's say three people went in and then one of them decided to leave the park with all three tickets and go get two more people and bring them in using the same tickets. Without the handstamp the system just saw it as as they exited and then re-entry no questions asked. By showing the handstamp with the ticket Disney could verify the person had been inside park already.

Ismael Flores

I'm surprised that all ticket media didn't have a picture link to it already. It should be an easy thing to do at ticket booths or gate at first entry

mickEblu

Original Poster
I believe they had an issue before all the new gadgets were available. So what they did was have people show their ticket and the handstand to prove they had been in the park. Without the handstand guests with multiple people could cheat the system.

Let's say three people went in and then one of them decided to leave the park with all three tickets and go get two more people and bring them in using the same tickets. Without the handstamp the system just saw it as as they exited and then re-entry no questions asked. By showing the handstamp with the ticket Disney could verify the person had been inside park already.

Thanks. Wow, I guess my my mind isn't as devious as I thought. So this must mean that Disney strictly enforces the hand stamps then right?

Phroobar

I believe they do now take a picture to tie the ticket to when you enter the park. That is why the handstamp is useless now except as a parting goodbye and a promise to come back again.

Ismael Flores

Thanks. Wow, I guess my my mind isn't as devious as I thought. So this must mean that Disney strictly enforces the hand stamps then right?
Some of the younger CM's didn't seem to care but any older CM made sure you didn't go by without flashing the stamp. The stamps also changed to make sure people were not cheating also.
We used to see teenagers collect day tickets at the parking lots. They would tell tourist that they collected them because of the pictures.

StarWarsGirl

My guess is that hand stamping is known to the state of California to cause chaffing and irritation.
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom