Dlp

Kevin

Original Poster
Hey everyone...I'm headed to DLP at the end of next week so if you want any pictures, let me know and I'll post them. If anyone has been recently and has any tips of must-see, must-do, etc., let me know!

MrPromey

Originally posted by Kevin
Hey everyone...I'm headed to DLP at the end of next week so if you want any pictures, let me know and I'll post them. If anyone has been recently and has any tips of must-see, must-do, etc., let me know!

I would love to see your pictures, you know, when you have some...

MrPromey

Originally posted by Kevin
Mr P - No problem. I'll pass on a few. Have you been? Anything you want to see?

Nope, I haven't been yet :(
That's good news, though because it means I'll pretty much be happy with what ever you decide to send :)

markymark

A pic of SM would be nice!!

As for "musts" you have to do SM, oh and you can do the DLP version of Timekeeper too.

I think that most of the wdw rides (PoC, HM and BTMRR, and of cousre SM) are all better, so just make sure you get the chance to do them!

Kevin

Original Poster
I was doing some reading about the park last night and noticed that they have the Timekeeper attraction...which really excited me given that I may never see it again in Florida. Is it the same? Does it suffer from low attendance and closing threats too?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Timkeeper in DLP was the first version - and in my opinion is better. Some of the scenes are different, and it has a superior preshow area.

However, the show is in French, with Englsih supplied via Headphones.

There doesnt appear to be attendance/closing issues witht he Paris version.

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Timkeeper in DLP was the first version - and in my opinion is better. Some of the scenes are different, and it has a superior preshow area.

However, the show is in French, with Englsih supplied via Headphones.

There doesnt appear to be attendance/closing issues witht he Paris version.

The headphones thing doesn't really matter though does it Steve. When I first went into it I was a bit bothered about using the headphones and looking all round the room, but it was fine.

lnsemsf

I wouldn't have minded the inconvienance of the headphones. When I fist went in july of '92, a few months after the park opened, they didnt seem to have working headphones yet, so I didnt actualy understand what was going on in the attraction untill it opened up at WDW a few years later.

Dutchdlpfreak

Here are some tips to go see in DLP. And i guess I can say a little about that cause I've bin there about four times.
First of all you'll have to take a picture of the spectacular view you have on 'La chateu de la Belle a Bois Dormant'. Cause every castle in ever Disney themepark is different. After that you may wander into Discoveryland to visit The Timekeeper in 'Le Visionarium'. Than you'll have the oppurtunity to photograph the building I think is second beutifull in the park. And with that I mean Discovery Mountain, the building Space Mountain is housed in. It's really an extroardinary ride. Just the mixture of music, theme and ride makes it one of the most beloved rides of mine. After you've seen all of Discoveryland you may head to Frontierland to compare you're Haunted Mansion with our Phantom Manor. I know one thing for sure, we have another villa. And our ride is completely underground. You certainly have to ride Big Thunder Mountain, and when you're through with that you can visit Adventureland with it's Indina Jones and the Temple of Doom, backwards. A unique experience.
When the night has fall and it's almost closing time you'll just have to see the Main Street Electrical Parade. It's the last year the parade is running in Paris and when it's done here I believe it's heading for DCA. Ofcourse you'll have to visit all the other shows and parades also, but you'll get the hang of that there.
If you have any questions ask me and I'll try to answer them

WiCKMaN

Not from Paris

Originally posted by Dutchdlpfreak
When the night has fall and it's almost closing time you'll just have to see the Main Street Electrical Parade. It's the last year the parade is running in Paris and when it's done here I believe it's heading for DCA.
The Electrical Parade is running at DCA already, i believe it's the version which used to run at WDW. The version from Paris is heading to Hong Kong, where a new Disneypark will open its doors in 2005.

Richy_roo

Dragon

Make sure you go and see the dragon, you get to it through one of the shops inside the castle.

its really eerie and spooky down there.

i told my mate it was voice activated and you have to shout to get it to do anything.

(i wasnt) by he shouted really loud and made about 30 people jump!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom