DLP Tour

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was looking at the DLP website and I saw that they have a tour of the Disneyland park, I was wondering if anyone has done this.... Is it work the 25 Euros? What does it entail? Should I book the tour before I go or wait until I'm in the park? Thanks for any info!

The Empress Lilly

I've done it. It was great. A guide basically walks you around the different lands pointing interesting details out. You always learn something new.

Book in advance, I think.

I've even done it as a solo tour, just me and two guides - one was in training. I was dressed in business casual (I dress up instead of down for a Disney park), and lots of people must've thought I was some sort of Disney management being guided around.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've done it. It was great. A guide basically walks you around the different lands pointing interesting details out. You always learn something new.

Book in advance, I think.

I've even done it as a solo tour, just me and two guides - one was in training. I was dressed in business casual (I dress up instead of down for a Disney park), and lots of people must've thought I was some sort of Disney management being guided around.

Did you go on any rides or behind the scenes at all? Did you book before you went or when you got to the park?

The Empress Lilly

Last September I booked on my first DLP day for the tour on my second day.

The tour visits very few behind the scenes areas. Although I was walked around Star Tours on request. We didn't go on any rides.

It's fun, it makes for a nice diversion from your usual visits, and it is cheap too. If you only ever have two days in DLP I'd skip it, but if you get to visit the park a bit more often, definitely go for it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Last September I booked on my first DLP day for the tour on my second day.

The tour visits very few behind the scenes areas. Although I was walked around Star Tours on request. We didn't go on any rides.

It's fun, it makes for a nice diversion from your usual visits, and it is cheap too. If you only ever have two days in DLP I'd skip it, but if you get to visit the park a bit more often, definitely go for it.

We have 3 1/2 days at the park, maybe we will look into it for the 3rd day depending on what we get done the other days.

dancingelkhound

Slightly late response, but I've done this too. It was just my friend and I on the tour, but we booked in advance, as they don't run tours everyday, and if you're the first person to book, you specify the language of the tour. I.e. if you decided you wanted a tour on a Friday, but they'd already booked someone French in, the tour that Friday would be in French.

We really enjoyed it, found out lots of information and saw little quirks that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise probably. We did get taken 'backstage' to see Star Tours in action, unfortunately Star Tours was down at the particular moment in time, but it was still fun to see it from behind the scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom