DLP Space Mountain

Goofster

Original Poster
Hey, I was just wondering, what is the storyline of SpaceMountain in DLP?

I know many of you would fight it, but all my friends that have been to the MK think it's kinda overrated, Don't get me wrong, I love it as it is, but I think the public might love it a little more If they put in a new SM.

Anyway, back to the point, since SM DLP is in discoveryland, not tomorrowland, I expect the ride has more of a Jules Vernish theme than the MK one. Now, I was just wondering, would many changes have to be made for the ride to fit into Tomorrowland in MK?

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by FutureImagineer
The DLP version is a launch like RRC and has one loop. I have heard rumors of a new SM in MK but dont hold your breath...

I sure hope that SM in MK doesn't get turned into the DPL version. Its a classic attraction and is unique to WDW. It should stay as it is.

Richy_roo

De la Terre a la lunne

The story is from jules verne - from the earth to the moon.

(its also a film)

where man goes to the moon by being fired from a cannon (the columbiad).

hence the launch system, gun sight and smoke from the cannon.

and a fantastic ride it is too, with awesome music

markymark

It really is. It is easily one of my favourite Disney rides. I know people don't want it to come to MK, but I love it and think it would be a real success in wdw.

I think that there is a link over on wdwmagic.com which will show you the ride. Sorry - I can't find it at the moment!

Steve - can you help?

Richy_roo

Space Mountain

theres loads of phots on the web, ive even downloaded the soundtrack (wonderful quality) and area music

from soundofmagic.com

stuck them on a CD, listen to them all the while

Richy_roo

Space Mountain

theres loads of phots on the web, ive even downloaded the soundtrack (wonderful quality) and area music

from soundofmagic.com

Goofster

Original Poster
I hate to say it, but Disney obviously has no problem with RnRC and DLP SM being at the same resort, so I say why can't it be the same at WDW.

markymark

Originally posted by Goofster
I hate to say it, but Disney obviously has no problem with RnRC and DLP SM being at the same resort, so I say why can't it be the same at WDW.

Excellent point, Goofster. I don't think they are THAT alike, and if Disney feels it con do it at Paris, then why not WDW?

Richy_roo

SM DLP

ITs also one of my Fave rides MarkyMark.

it is one of those imagineering Masterpieces.. The jewel in the DLP crown

take a rollercoaster add themeing and music beyond belief and a bit of disney magic for luck

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by markymark

Excellent point, Goofster. I don't think they are THAT alike, and if Disney feels it con do it at Paris, then why not WDW?

Our Space Mountain is fine... you keep yours, and we'll keep ours.... ;) :D

markymark

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Our Space Mountain is fine... you keep yours, and we'll keep ours.... ;) :D

OH!! Its like that is it? ;)

Well for one, it's not mine to keep, and believe me if you had tried it, I am sure you would feel the same way.

Not that you'd admit to it!!!! :D

Goofster

Original Poster
Wow, really cool site!

You know what, I'm sorry, markymark, but now I must shift sides in this decision. I had no idea that the WDW sm was the first and is the only in-line one, too. Now, I've learned to appreciate WDW's SM. I do think it could use new trains with a sound system, like at DL, as long as the trains are still in-line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom