DLP Questions

croboy82

Used to? When I was there two years ago there was some kind of tram transporting people around the lake. You had to pay extra though and we decided to rather walk lol

fbp

1 year ago, it was still difficult to scan you printed ticket but they installed new scaner that work very well ! ^^

Thanks for the reply. I didn't find it difficult at all. Took me a few extra seconds on occasion. :)

Ralphlaw

Wow, I'm a bit sad to hear that check-in is at 3. Our plane is landing around 9:30 after a red eye from Chicago. With my 15 year old son and 7 year old daughter, having the room immediately would be rally really nice. Oh well.

Question: Even if the room's not available, will I still be able to get our park hopper tickets immediately so we'll at least have something to do for those midday hours?

Bolna

Wow, I'm a bit sad to hear that check-in is at 3. Our plane is landing around 9:30 after a red eye from Chicago. With my 15 year old son and 7 year old daughter, having the room immediately would be rally really nice. Oh well.

Question: Even if the room's not available, will I still be able to get our park hopper tickets immediately so we'll at least have something to do for those midday hours?

You will have access to the tickets immediately. The longest lines I ever saw at check in at DLP were around 9am. People do arrive early to make the most use of the length of stay tickets. You can always ask them whether they have a room for you that is available earlier. If you are landing at 9:30, I guess you won't be there before 11:30 am, so they might have rooms available already.

IWantMyMagicBand

We arrived at 1 (5 days ago) and our room was ready. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge. There is a baggage check if you arrive early, and you have immediate access to the parks.

Ralphlaw

No, just even more optimistic. Believe me, we're very much looking forward to the trip, but like anything challenging, the 8 hour flight with 2 kids will be very hard on us. Being able to flop down in our room, grab a shower, etc . . . will be very welcomed. In fact, that's the biggest concern about the whole 3 week trip.

Bolna

No, just even more optimistic. Believe me, we're very much looking forward to the trip, but like anything challenging, the 8 hour flight with 2 kids will be very hard on us. Being able to flop down in our room, grab a shower, etc . . . will be very welcomed. In fact, that's the biggest concern about the whole 3 week trip.

My advice would be to try to sleep as much as you can on the airplane. Don't let yourself be distracted by the entertainment offerings - maybe even eat at the airport and skip the airplane meal. Earplugs help a lot in order to get some rest as well as those travel neck pillows. From what I have witnessed on airplanes across the Atlantic, a lot of kids have no trouble sleeping at all. For them the seat is not nearly as tight as for adults.

With that you ought to be able to get enough sleep to at least function during your arrival day. While getting a shower is vital after spending so much time on an airplane, don't use the bed for a nap!! You will have the advantage of DLP as a huge distractor to keep you awake. Make use of the daylight hours - light helps your body to adjust to the new time zone. If you can keep the family awake until 8 or 9 pm, you ought to be able to get a good night's sleep and be up early the next day.

You could always email the hotel and tell them that you are arriving from the USA that morning and that you would appreciate if you could access the room a little earlier than 3pm. Can't hurt to let them know in advance!

And if you are really desperate for a shower, if you are not staying at Santa Fe or Chayenne, the other four hotels all have pools with locker rooms where you could go once you are checked in for a shower (and a swim even).

Ralphlaw

Wow, thanks for all the advice. I've done a couple trans-Atlantic flights in the past, but never thought of all those methods. Yes, the kids will probably sleep, but I'm a bigger guy who'll probably have a hard time of it. A few drinks, and an antihistamine, and neck pillow should definitely help. I'll also do the e-mail thing. Great idea.

Thanks again.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
What's the hotel refurbishment schedule like? I'm thinking of going in December and would like to know how much if any of Hotel Cheyenne will be done? I know Newport is starting to get work done now and DL hotel will be last.

Laurenciaa

I read on a website that they first are going to do a massive refurb on the New Port Bay. Then they start on the New York hotel to finish off with the Disneyhotel ( the refurb on the NPB could take up some time). So I don't think they will be refurbishing the Cheyenne any time soon.

link where I found the info : http://www.dlp.info/News/

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I read on a website that they first are going to do a massive refurb on the New Port Bay. Then they start on the New York hotel to finish off with the Disneyhotel ( the refurb on the NPB could take up some time). So I don't think they will be refurbishing the Cheyenne any time soon.

link where I found the info : http://www.dlp.info/News/

Thank you for the link, the new rooms for Newport look great. But why would they skip only one of the six hotels? :confused:

Laurenciaa

I thought the same thing but I read somewhere else (sorry no link here) that Cheyenne had a refurb back in 2010? So maybe it will stick to some small refurbs like a new lick of paint etc. not the big refurb the NPB is going through..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The NPB refurb is underway and is the biggest in its history. Sequoias was similarly huge and finished in 2012. IIRC Cheyenne did get a refurb a few years ago.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
After much deliberation, consultation, meditation, transportation and proclamation I have booked my next stay at DLP. I'll be staying on the Admiral's Floor at Newport Bay Club for 5 nights which will give me ample time to see the parks and spend some time in the city. I'm thrilled to see DLP again along with staying at a renovated property and seeing what's new at the resort. It'll be fun to stay at a Disney resort that has a new E-ticket opening this year and is continuing to refurbish their parks and add additional things (Lego Store, Flower Festival etc).

As a comparison, I checked the prices for the same dates at WDW and found I'm only paying $250 USD more than what Florida is charging for a standard room at POP with a 6-day hopper and no meals. Which only adds to my opinion that WDW is a terrible rip-off for what you get.

Then again, DLP's 2 night/2 day free deal is hard to top. ;)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Errr... NPB has just started its renovation. Best check with the resort to see how far it's got.

I'm not going until the end of the year. Resort says the pool and fitness areas wil be done by the end of March and both restaurants will be by the end of August. Rooms are in three phases with the first and largest underway now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Good. I've stayed there before when both restaurants were out. Convention centre is nice but a bit weird to eat in.

Make sure you get pics of the progress!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom