DLP Questions

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I have some questions about the hotel breakfast:

Is it a buffet? When do you pick a seating time? Should I tip, and how much?

m steve

When you check in at Sequoia, that is where you pick up your passes for breakfast. We asked for the earliest seating time available and, I think, that we walked in at 7:00 am when the restaurant opened. The staff will give you vouchers with a seating time printed on them. The breakfast is a buffet and it is outstanding. Also, when you check in, you simply check your bags in at the reception desk and they will be in your room when you return from the parks. There was no charge.

Sequoia is a great resort. We liked it very much. It is nice to be able to walk to the parks and Disney Village rather than messing with the buses.

You are right in planning most of your time for DLP. The Studios won't command too much of your time except for Crush's Coaster.

Agrabah is great choice for a place to eat. The food is first rate and, since it is a buffet, it doesn't take too long.

DLP's version of BTMRR is our favorite ride (maybe in all of Disney.)

Have a great visit.

Ralphlaw

We're thinking about a trip to DLP plus a Disney Cruise out of Barcelona in June of 2014. Yes, we plan ahead. I therefore have a few questions:

1. Is Sequoia truly within easy walking distance from the parks, similar to the walk from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom, or further?

2. Are there shuttles to and from De Gaulle airport?

3. What's the best way to get from or to DLP to Barcelona for our cruise?

4. If you buy one of those DLP packages, I assume lodging and park tickets are included, but are meals as well?

5. Is 3 nights (2+ days) too much or too little?

Thanks anyone who can help.

swissamy

I can only answer a few of your questions:

1. Sequoia Lodge is a bit of a walk from the park but it is not unmanageable, I would liken it to just a bit further than from the Contemporary to MK. But there are shuttle buses (or were when we were there last)

2. there are shuttle buses from the airport (I think it was VEA as the company's name)

3. I would either book through Disney and get them to book your transportation so if you are delayed, they will be responsible for helping to rebook you, or fly from CDG to Spain, the train is possible but too long!!

4...Cant help you on this one

5. I would never stay less than 3 nights, 2+ days!!

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
4. If you buy one of those DLP packages, I assume lodging and park tickets are included, but are meals as well?

All packages come with a continental breakfast (an extra 4 Euro upgrade to hot). There's a meal plan that doesn't save you a whole lot, but it's an option.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If they don't do something about the roughness before I go, is SM still worth riding? I really want to see it and I know it will be some time before I can do it again, but I don't really want the headache. :confused:

Bolna

Ask for the front row on SM. Last year it was bearable in the front row.

Personally, I just loved the original so much that Mission 2 always paled in comparison, so I am not a good judge of whether it is worth it. But as you see, even though I am not a fan of Mission 2, I still ride it at least once when I am at DLP.

m steve

Space Mountain at DLP, in my view, provides an experience very similar to Rock n' Roller Coaster in Florida. If you can handle RRC, you will probably survive Space Mountain.

|Q|

1. Is Sequoia truly within easy walking distance from the parks, similar to the walk from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom, or further?

From the ticket boots to the Sequoia Lodge it's about 1km (0,62 miles, according to my phone), and it's about the double of the distance between the ticket boots and the bus stop. You walk through the Disney Village (DLP's DTD) and along Lac Disney.

2. Are there shuttles to and from De Gaulle airport?

There's a TGV train, CDG to DLP in 12 minutes.

http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/

5. Is 3 nights (2+ days) too much or too little?

Be sure to take at least a day to visit Paris!

DisneyFan 2000

If they don't do something about the roughness before I go, is SM still worth riding? I really want to see it and I know it will be some time before I can do it again, but I don't really want the headache. :confused:
If it's headaches you fear just lean your head back while riding. However, I would NOT recommend the Indiana Jones coaster. That really is for the die-hard coaster junkies (myself included). You'll bang your head so much that by the end of it you'll have stars circling your head (though when I rode it the ride went backwards - I understand they have flipped the cars back since so I can't say for sure if the experience is similar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do not miss M:2. And keep your eyes open!

Indy has been running forward for years again now. Nice theme, but quick and still rough. With a unique feeling high Center of gravity.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I've been on "rough" coasters before that were far less than smooth. My main concern with SM was having my head beaten against considering the design of the vehicles. Will still go on it though!

fbp

I read somewhere that it might be difficult/impossible to use fastpass if advance print at home tickets are purchased, as they do not switch over to standard tickets at the ticket booths.

Has anyone experienced this? How would one use fastpass with a paper ticket?

Thanks!

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Did there used to be boats in Lake Disney? I looks like there are docks at Sequoia and Newport for them, and maybe the New York one was removed for the hot air balloon.

Bolna

I don't remember any boats... And I just checked in my old guide books (I own every Euro Disney guide book published in German :D) and they only mention that you could rent boats for the lake, which was then called Lake Buena Vista. Also, there used to be free tram going around the lake. Maybe it were the old tram stops?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom