DLP Questions

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The guide books and websites are being looked over for a possible DLP trip this year, and I thought the easiest way to ask questions was to create a general question thread.

My first would be what time is check-in at the Disney hotels? I can't find the time listed on guide websites or the Unofficial Guide. I assume it's 3 or 4pm?

croboy82

Great :) We were able to left our luggage in a room for a very small fee (i thihnk it was about 1 euro?) so don't worry :)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Question time again! I need to change a part of my booking (country of residence) as I was unable to do so in the booking process. The site wouldn't let me change it from the UK to anything else.

I've sent them an email, but they haven't responded and they only say you can make changes to the reservation over the phone. Since a Trans-Atlantic phone call is not my first choice for doing this, is there any other way to do so?

Tiggerfanatic

Have a good trip. I was fortunate to get a once in a lifetime opportunity to go this past fall and I really enjoyed it. The park is beautiful, and make sure you walk through the basement of the castle - the highlight of the trip for me.

SkipperButler

Have a good trip. I was fortunate to get a once in a lifetime opportunity to go this past fall and I really enjoyed it. The park is beautiful, and make sure you walk through the basement of the castle - the highlight of the trip for me.
There are a lot of great walk-through attractions in DLP. Make sure you check out the Nautilus in Discoveryland/Tomorrowland, the cemetery at the exit to Phantom Manor, Adventure Isle, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Castle walkthrough and Dungeon.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
There are a lot of great walk-through attractions in DLP. Make sure you check out the Nautilus in Discoveryland/Tomorrowland, the cemetery at the exit to Phantom Manor, Adventure Isle, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Castle walkthrough and Dungeon.

Nautilus, Alice maze and the Castle are amongst the top of my to-do list. I'm planning on spending 2 full days at Parc Disneyland (and maybe the first night too) so I for sure will have time to visit all attractions and some more than once, and maybe have a meal at Walt's or something.

Walt is a good choice, is the best restaurant in the park I think !!

"Agrabah Café Restaurant" is a very beautiful restaurant to also with carpets hanging from the ceiling.

SkipperButler

and maybe have a meal at Walt's or something.

Be prepared to spend up to two hours in the restaurant if you dine Full Service compared to Buffet. The three nights I was there I ate at the Lucky Nugget Saloon (buffet), Walt's, and Blue Lagoon. All were excellent meals but the Lagoon and Walt's both took over two hours for three courses and I was dining by myself. Walt's is beautiful and there is something quite magical about eating above Main Street, USA. The Lagoon is a cool caribbean twist on the favorite Blue Bayou. I had a marvelous surf & turf dinner, Rock Lobster and Ostrich Steak, YUM!!

Wander through some of the counter service places if you have a chance. The Pizza Outpost in Adventureland actually started as a full service restaurant called the Explorer's Club. It was supposed to be like a dinner version of the Adventurer's Club from WDW with live entertainment. Unfortunately it didn't last, but you can still see its old logo in the wrought iron fireplace. Toad Hall is another great place to explore and see the egotistical mania of the lovable Mr. Toad!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Walts should not take that long. If it does, ask. We're usually through in less time - though you'll want to browse the *ahem* decor quite a bit.

Azerin

A first trip to DLP is very exciting!! Late May will hopefully be a good time weather wise to visit.

Just to confirm that if needed all the hotels have a place you can leave luggage if you have to before/after you have the room... I don't recall ever being charged a fee for doing so but I could be wrong. There is also a bag/luggage check right outside of the park but that one you have to pay for (unless you have an AP).

Definitely plan to spend time just exploring the park... there are a lot of great things to see... definitely make sure to see all the various walk through attractions and go into all of the restaurants (even if you don't eat at them) as others have mentioned :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom