DL Cast Member seeking help and tips!

Plaiditude

Hello everyone! I have a trip coming up very soon and I was hoping for some last minute help!
But first a little bit of history about myself. I have been a Cast Member at the Disneyland Resort since January 2014. My current role is VIP Tour Guide/Guest Relations. This will be my second trip to WDW. My first trip was back in 2008 for my honeymoon (now divorced *sadface*). I was there for nearly two weeks and stayed at POP Century, French Quarter, and the Wilderness Lodge (Sorry I don't have the acronyms down yet.)
I ate at several restaurants, but my favorites were Restaurant Marrakesh, Crystal Palace and Artist Point. I was not too big a fan of the Sci-Fi dine in theater or Chef De France.
My favorite park was EPCOT by far. But my favorite attractions were Haunted Mansion and Mickey's Philharmagic!

Though I have been planning this trip for a few months, I feel so unprepared! I have deliberately avoided doing too much research on shows and attractions so that I might be surprised. Now a little bit about this trip;
We are staying from 3/26-3/30 at the POP Century. I am traveling with one other person. We have 1 day reserved for each park and 1 extra day to do as we please. We currently have reservations for Restaurant Marrakesh and 50's Prime Time Cafe. This is a short trip so we don't expect to get everything done, but we are both high energy so we will try to do as much as possible.

So my questions are:

1. Should we plan on spending an entire day at each park? Or can any one be done in a shorter amount of time, possibly allowing us to hop to a different park? Keep in mind I work at Disneyland, so if there are any rides we have here, we might be okay passing on them.

2. Any tips for someone who likes to eat after park closing? During my last trip I remember getting back to the hotel hungry due every dining location being closed. I tend to eat very little throughout the day and save my appetite to avoid feeling bloated (As a tour guide, that is veeeery bad).

3. Is there any late night entertainment recommendations for two night owls?

4. Best places for alcohol? I love me some Martinis. Not a fan of beer.

I think that is it for now. I would also appreciate ANY other tips or suggestions you guys can offer! Thank you!

disneygeek90

Welcome back to WDW! I am an Orlando resident/AP but just made a DL visit earlier this month and had a great time.
1. I would say about a park a day is accurate for all, with maybe the exception of Hollywood. However, since you probably want to do as many shows, rides, etc, I think there’s even enough to fill nearly the full day in that park, or at least into the evening. Toy Story Midway and Star Tours are probably the only rides in that park that “duplicate,” now that the DL ToT is RIP.

AK is much more of a full day park now with the night safaris and shows. Of course, you may want to park hop back to certain things or if other parks are open later, but keep in mind traveling from park to park is much different and takes up much more of your day than in DL. I actually don’t park hop a whole lot, but I’m usually stopping in for a few hours a day and then head home.

2. As far as eating after the park closes, your best bet would be Disney Springs or Boardwalk. Disney Springs has a ton of options, from QS to Casual sit down to high end. My favorite spot is the Lava Lounge at the outside of Rainforest. There’s an AMAZING view and you can avoid the loudness of inside the café if you’re not into that. It’s also open seating, so you can usually find a spot if it’s not super peak time.

3. My answer for this is easily Disney Springs. It’s open late, and there’s always musicians, street performers, etc out and about. They’re also safely open till at least midnight, with some of the bars and restaurants open even later.

4. You can find a world of drinks (literally) in Epcot. There is an actual full liquor bar tucked into Morocco which has anything you would ever want. Then there’s obviously the stands during Flower/Garden with a large variety. Prime Time Café has a side bar that you do not need a reservation for that also has specialty drinks. It gets busy, but you can always grab your drink and head out for a stroll around the park. Animal Kingdom has a couple bars near Africa and Asia that I know sell beer. I’m assuming they sell other mixed drinks, but I’m a beer person anyway so that’s what I’m looking for.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Upvote 0

Trisha Lynn

It gets busy, but you can always grab your drink and head out for a stroll around the park.

I have a follow-up question to this. Do they really allow you to grab a drink from the lounges at the park and walk around with an open glass? I'd think they would only do that for a covered drink or something in a plastic cup, no?

Upvote 0

disneygeek90

I have a follow-up question to this. Do they really allow you to grab a drink from the lounges at the park and walk around with an open glass? I'd think they would only do that for a covered drink or something in a plastic cup, no?
Ask them for it in a plastic cup or that it's to-go. Most of the bars already serve in plastic cups. The Lounge might be an exception, I can't recall. But they absolutely have plastic cups if you want to take it back through the park.

Upvote 0

jmp85

1) You'll get a lot of different opinions on this one. I think MK is the only one no one will argue. My wife and don't have kids yet and we cannot make AK last much more than a full half day. Aside of the attractions, we basically view it as a zoo that we could experience somewhere else. I think Avatar Land will make this closer to a full day park. People will tell you that Hollywood Studios is a half day park as well, but we can spend most of a day there.

2) I'd agree with Disney Springs and Boardwalk being your best bets here. Wife and I typically head to DS at the end of the day (unless at MK til closing).

3) Again, Disney Springs is a good bet. I will say that if you intend to be out very late, try Jelly Rolls on the Boardwalk. This is a piano bar that can be a lot of fun. I believe they are open after midnight.

4) I'd say Epcot or Disney Springs. I prefer Disney Springs over Epcot for this.

Upvote 0

Plaiditude

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! Sound like we'll be spending plenty of time at Disney Springs. The Lava Lounge sounds great! We might only spend an evening at AK since we have Rivers of Light booked.

We're so excited to be leaving tomorrow! yay!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom