Ditched for my birthday...

bravemouse

Original Poster
I'm celebrating my un-birthday in Tokyo Disneyland as part of a gift my bosses gave me as i have to work through my birthday (Golden week is our busy time)
I've just been informed that my friend has a changed meeting for that day even after a great hotel has been booked and our day has been planned.
I should be happy that i'm even going but this isn't the first time a friend ditched me before going to the park (different friend).
What do you do when you are ditched alone?

Stevie Amsterdam

I'm so sorry to hear that - if I was there I'd be glad to join you!

Why don't you have a look at blogs / social media / etc and create a post asking people to join you? I'm sure somebody will be happy to join you. I wouldn't focus too much on the friend who ditched you. What happened, happened. Make the most of your stay there ;)

I hope you're having a wonderful birthday!

DDLand

I'm celebrating my un-birthday in Tokyo Disneyland as part of a gift my bosses gave me as i have to work through my birthday (Golden week is our busy time)
I've just been informed that my friend has a changed meeting for that day even after a great hotel has been booked and our day has been planned.
I should be happy that i'm even going but this isn't the first time a friend ditched me before going to the park (different friend).
Theme parks can be great as a social experience, but going alone can be just as or maybe even more rewarding. Visiting alone allows you to go at your own pace and not have to worry about appeasing others. Most importantly you can slow down and just look at all the shops and details. There's value in that.

Totally different experiences that can be great.

So I'd just go and have a great time; do whatever you want! If you're more of a social butterfly I suppose you could cancel, but why do that?!? If there's something you're dying to do, do it!

Oh, and just a tip. The way you wrote this suggested that you only have one day at TDR. If you do have more time, that's great! If on the other hand your time is limited I'm going to suggest you forget about Tokyo Disneyland and go to Tokyo Disney Sea instead.

I promise, you'll be glad you did! Also get a birthday button, they will not stop wishing you a happy birthday!

Have fun!

Absimilliard

I was alone when I went to Tokyo last January and when I got to Tokyo DisneySea, I had fun scanning the crowd before the turnstiles opened. I noticed a couple who had that "cartoon character with a ? over their head" look. I asked them if they had been to the park before and turns out they hadn't. They were from Southeast Asia and we quickly became friends and had a great time. From prior research for another friend, I knew the religious accommodations the park does and guided them that way. They really appreciated it and it was fun seeing their reaction to the park as they were Disney virgins.

Morale of the story? Keep your eyes open, listen around and you never know what will happen!

Juujuugurl

Girl, I've had to go to Tokyo Disney Sea once by myself when a friend ditched. I went for the Halloween Celebration. My friend had a super legitimate reason, so I didn't let it get to me. I still had a great time! Disney sea has single riders for Indiana Jones, so I rode that probably 3 times. Also since I was alone, I was able to take a nap in the hammocks and wake up to the face of a beautiful Indiana Jones (seriously, he was beautiful and just happened to be walking by as I woke up). Adventures can still happen, even if you are alone! <3 If you are ever heading to Tokyo Disneyland again, shoot me a message! It's only a night bus away for me!

Oh and I feel like I should mention that just two weekends ago I had to ditch my friend (we were planning on going to the Easter Celebration), but I had friends coming from America that I haven't seen in YEARS that same weekend.

Things like that do happen, but I think it's important to still make the most of it and have some fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom