Dissapointed with NCIS

epcotisbest

Original Poster
So I don't watch a lot of TV, but do watch NCIS. We were waiting for the reunion of Ziva and Tony and instead they killed her off. So frustrating. And the daughter she never told Tony about? I think the character of Ziva had more respect than to keep that secret. Family was too important for her to deny Tony his little girl.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I read a recap as I pretty much stopped watching after Ziva left, but it made me mad. Now Ziva definitely cannot come back, and yes, I don't think she's the type of person who would not have told Tony. Disappointing, yes. Ziva was one of my favorite characters on TV, and what they did with her character is beyond disappointing.

EDIT: Also glad that NCIS: LA isn't making the same mistakes with the Kensi/Deeks relationship as NCIS made with the Tony/Ziva relationship.

Last edited:

Thessair

Except they had to deal with her off-screen. Tony was leaving and Cote had said that she wouldn't return to the show and that she considered her role on the series complete. There was, apparently, some behind the scenes drama or politics involved in her departure. They had to wrap up DiNozzo's story as best they could with the limitations placed upon them by the actress. The producers could have recast, but that would have really ticked people off.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Except they had to deal with her off-screen. Tony was leaving and Cote had said that she wouldn't return to the show and that she considered her role on the series complete. There was, apparently, some behind the scenes drama or politics involved in her departure. They had to wrap up DiNozzo's story as best they could with the limitations placed upon them by the actress. The producers could have recast, but that would have really ticked people off.
Still not necessary to kill her off. The show has a long history of killing off female characters, Kate, Jenny, Agent Lee (don't remember her first name) Vance's wife, Dianne and now Ziva. Wonder what will happen to Abby?
If they needed to wrap up the Tony, Ziva storyline they could have sent Tony to protect Ziva from Kort and as he got there and opened the door to the farmhouse, blew the place up taking them both out. Why just kill Ziva?
So the little girl is why Tony left? He could have left to raise her with Ziva and both lived happily ever after, raising the daughter together without ever showing Ziva on screen. So many choices other than what they went with.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I read a recap as I pretty much stopped watching after Ziva left, but it made me mad. Now Ziva definitely cannot come back, and yes, I don't think she's the type of person who would not have told Tony. Disappointing, yes. Ziva was one of my favorite characters on TV, and what they did with her character is beyond disappointing.

EDIT: Also glad that NCIS: LA isn't making the same mistakes with the Kensi/Deeks relationship as NCIS made with the Tony/Ziva relationship.
Have never got into the other two shows, just the original for some reason.

Thessair

Still not necessary to kill her off. The show has a long history of killing off female characters, Kate, Jenny, Agent Lee (don't remember her first name) Vance's wife, Dianne and now Ziva. Wonder what will happen to Abby?
If they needed to wrap up the Tony, Ziva storyline they could have sent Tony to protect Ziva from Kort and as he got there and opened the door to the farmhouse, blew the place up taking them both out. Why just kill Ziva?
So the little girl is why Tony left? He could have left to raise her with Ziva and both lived happily ever after, raising the daughter together without ever showing Ziva on screen. So many choices other than what they went with.

She was never going to return to the show. With Tony leaving they need to wrap up her story as well. If they left her alive people would have never stopped asking if she would come back. It makes sense from a behind-the-scenes perspective to eliminate any chance of that to prevent people from holding out hope. Unlike Cote, Weatherly is open to a return to the show, thus it makes no sense to kill off his character. I don't understand why people get so offended when characters are killed off these days. It's not like NCIS only kills off female characters. Mike Franks, Eli David, Tom Morrow (who has been around forever), Gerald was crippled and written out, Chris Pacci, Ned Dorneget... NCIS kills off characters, period. It isn't some underlying problematic agenda.

StarWarsGirl

Have never got into the other two shows, just the original for some reason.
I like Los Angeles. It has a different flavor from the original. The first season was just okay at best; in the second season, they added two new characters and the show got MUCH better. Especially with the addition of Deeks.

New Orleans I didn't care about. Not a fan of Scott Bakula's for some odd reason that I cannot put my finger on.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Thanks for that we are two to three weeks behind in the UK. Think this has been the poorest season.
NCIs LA just keeps getting better, more humour.

Except for NCIS NO, the twats at Ch5 have stopped half way through and it wont start again till you start seeing S3 in the US.how can you keep track after a 4 month gap?

rob0519

Unfortunately, I'm growing tired of the original. Abbey has been doing the same Goth routine for what, 13 years? The character hasn't evolved one iota in all that time, IMHO.

While some of the plots on NCIS LA seem straight out of comic books, they have a good cast chemistry and the writer's do a good job of inserting some humor into the shows, again, IMHO.

I'm still undecided about NCIS New Orleans. I'm ok with Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan seems better in the 2nd season, other than that I'm not seeing any chemistry here.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
NCIS NO Im really enjoying, Zoe McLellan is certainly worth watching.

NCIS in general is disposable TV. Lets be honest every scene in the original has Gibbs walking in briskly with some hot poop that the folk sat in the control room dont even know. But its fun.

Now the Blacklist & Limitless..................

epcotisbest

Original Poster
She was never going to return to the show. With Tony leaving they need to wrap up her story as well. If they left her alive people would have never stopped asking if she would come back. It makes sense from a behind-the-scenes perspective to eliminate any chance of that to prevent people from holding out hope. Unlike Cote, Weatherly is open to a return to the show, thus it makes no sense to kill off his character. I don't understand why people get so offended when characters are killed off these days. It's not like NCIS only kills off female characters. Mike Franks, Eli David, Tom Morrow (who has been around forever), Gerald was crippled and written out, Chris Pacci, Ned Dorneget... NCIS kills off characters, period. It isn't some underlying problematic agenda.
Yeah, I don't know anything at all about behind the scenes stuff. People will still be wondering if she might return someday.
Perhaps Ziva made sure the little girl was safe, packed the stuff in the stroller and blew the farmhouse up herself to get Kort off her trail. Maybe she included the photo of her and Tony in Paris to tell Tony where to find her. Besides, if the explosion was unexpected, how did the little girl survive and with her stuff packed to be sent to Tony?
And, Tony did say she loves Paris, present tense, not that she loved Paris, past tense. Seems like a big ole opening for possible future plot lines.
Or, maybe not.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I'm growing tired of the original. Abbey has been doing the same Goth routine for what, 13 years? The character hasn't evolved one iota in all that time, IMHO.

While some of the plots on NCIS LA seem straight out of comic books, they have a good cast chemistry and the writer's do a good job of inserting some humor into the shows, again, IMHO.

I'm still undecided about NCIS New Orleans. I'm ok with Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan seems better in the 2nd season, other than that I'm not seeing any chemistry here.
Yes, the Abby character has a lot of room for growth. Same MO for all these years. You would think someone so smart would mature and grow and maybe even have a real relationship, maybe even move on to bigger and better things enabling her to then perhaps have a relationship with who she should be with, McGhee.
Gee, this thing is not a crime drama after all, more like a soap opera.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I like Los Angeles. It has a different flavor from the original. The first season was just okay at best; in the second season, they added two new characters and the show got MUCH better. Especially with the addition of Deeks.

New Orleans I didn't care about. Not a fan of Scott Bakula's for some odd reason that I cannot put my finger on.
We used to enjoy Quantam Leap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom