Disposing of old bands

JohnD

Original Poster
What's the best way to dispose of old bands? Deactivate them and then throw them out? Or do something else after deactivating them?

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've seen the question posed before. Still have not seen an official type answer. Kinda like ridding yourself of your old laptops hard drive. Data contained. Options galore. Me sledgehammer a bath and trash for both

Jahona

Deactivate and either trash or give to an electronics recycler. If your city recycles, depending on the regs, you could recycle with them.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Deactivate and trash. Other than what you have printed on the inside of the band, there's nothing personally identifiable in the chips. All they contain is a unique serial number.
So they dont have your credit card number, bank card number, social security number, blood type, and dna sequencing info attached?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
So they dont have your credit card number, bank card number, social security number, blood type, and dna sequencing info attached?

No, it's just a unique id that's linked to your account. It's not a PAN and there is no PII on the band. When you flag it lost, it disables that serial number from being used to query your data from the database(s).

As for DNA though, I'm sure your DNA is on the band. Better burn it just to be safe.

I didn't like that it wasn't tied to my identity, so I wrote my Name, DOB, home address, and SSN on the back in sharpie so they can always get it back to me.

JohnD

Original Poster
I've already deactivated the oldest resort bands. The more recent are either graphic, AP MB1s with the exception of one purple MB1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom