DisneySea Tower of Terror

darthjohnny

I feel like WDW's gives you a sense of dread and danger throughout the whole queue, whereas TDS's is kind of innocent with all its bright colors in the lobby.

True. WDW's and DCA's versions are spooky abondoned hotels. TDS's is just a hotel-turned museum where something odd happens. Not saying that TDS's is bad though. I would love to experience it! :D

TDRFAN

Gee, you think?

I wouldn't expect anything less from a self-proclaimed "TDR FAN," who 's sole purpose appears to be defending said park :rolleyes:

Ever think about why I prefer TDR? It's not because I am biased towards Japan as opposed to the U.S, but because it's truly better. If we were to get the same kind of service and quality here in the U.S, I might just be a WDWFAN or a DLRFAN. :lol:

S.E.A.

nah, the storyline in the tokyo tower is way too convoluted and confusing, you have to know there was a billionaire that loved collecting things from all over the world, yadda yadda, it all gets too preachy and takes way too much out of the "Terror" in the Tower of Terror.

Tokyo Disney fans always have a hollier than thou attitude about the disney parks that exceeds the self-entitlement of even the Disneyland fans. They believe everyone is dumb not to praise Tokyo Disney as the best resort in the world.

TDRFAN

nah, the storyline in the tokyo tower is way too convoluted and confusing, you have to know there was a billionaire that loved collecting things from all over the world, yadda yadda, it all gets too preachy and takes way too much out of the "Terror" in the Tower of Terror.

Tokyo Disney fans always have a hollier than thou attitude about the disney parks that exceeds the self-entitlement of even the Disneyland fans. They believe everyone is dumb not to praise Tokyo Disney as the best resort in the world.

That's a pretty stereotypical remark to say. I don't think it's right to judge other people by their interests or preferences, plus I believe that everyone has their own opinions about the Disney parks/attractions(as long as they've actually been to x or y). Only when someone criticizes something without having experienced it first hand do I get ticked.

S.E.A.

That's a pretty stereotypical remark to say. I don't think it's right to judge other people by their interests or preferences, plus I believe that everyone has their own opinions about the Disney parks/attractions(as long as they've actually been to x or y). Only when someone criticizes something without having experienced it first hand do I get ticked.

well, stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

TDRFAN

well, stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

By the way, I love your username. Is it from the plaque near Explorer's Landing in Tokyo DisneySea? I believe it stands for the "Society of Explorers and Adventurers" if I remember correctly. I could be wrong so excuse me if your username is from something completely different.

S.E.A.

By the way, I love your username. Is it from the plaque near Explorer's Landing in Tokyo DisneySea? I believe it stands for the "Society of Explorers and Adventurers" if I remember correctly. I could be wrong so excuse me if your username is from something completely different.

yes, it's exactly from that.

Rayray

Ever think about why I prefer TDR? It's not because I am biased towards Japan as opposed to the U.S, but because it's truly better. If we were to get the same kind of service and quality here in the U.S, I might just be a WDWFAN or a DLRFAN. :lol:

It is your opinion that TDR is truly better. It's not a fact. Plus, I imagine it is difficult to compare TDR and WDW because of the difference in overall size and distances between landmarks (i.e., someone might like WDW better because it is spread out, or vice versa).

I certainly can't have an opinion because I've never had the opportunity to visit TDR. I can guess that I would like WDW better though because of my many memories and the spacial superiority.

I guess what I am trying to say is, in your experience and perspective, TDR is better.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
To me, I find the "scary" factor at the WDW version to be the highest, and not because of the story, but because of the mechanics of the ride itself. Although computers would never let it happen, I always imagine what might happen if the vehicle did not meet up with the lift when leaving the 5th dimension room. Until I feel the vehicle lock into the lift, I always feel a bit uneasy. It's the same as imagining a psycho killer loose in the Haunted Mansion, as your Doombuggie is proceeding backwards. Is he going to get you when you least expect it? Let your minds wander while you're riding these two attractions and you can actually scare yourself.

darthjohnny

To me, I find the "scary" factor at the WDW version to be the highest, and not because of the story, but because of the mechanics of the ride itself. Although computers would never let it happen, I always imagine what might happen if the vehicle did not meet up with the lift when leaving the 5th dimension room. Until I feel the vehicle lock into the lift, I always feel a bit uneasy. It's the same as imagining a psycho killer loose in the Haunted Mansion, as your Doombuggie is proceeding backwards. Is he going to get you when you least expect it? Let your minds wander while you're riding these two attractions and you can actually scare yourself.

Didn't the Tower of Terror make an unplanned drop once in real life right around the time of Halloween? Nobody was hurt though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom