Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts - DVC Expansion

GrumpyFan

Love this idea!

I just think it's missing one thing. Considering what they've done at Wilderness Lodge with the Geyser Point Bar & Grill, I think an open air restaurant on the water would be a great addition to the area.
I'm calling it the Dockside Tavern, but I think I like Marina Bar & Grill also. Really, it could be anything though.

I got the idea by combining the Martha's Vineyard Black Dog Tavern with the Dockside Cafe. Ideally, Disney could partner with Black Dog to build this.

Pardon my crude and hasty Paint drawing that I altered from the original.

YachtClubCabins.jpg

Updated to add the link to Blackdog Tavern.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Love this idea!

I just think it's missing one thing. Considering what they've done at Wilderness Lodge with the Geyser Point Bar & Grill, I think an open air restaurant on the water would be a great addition to the area.
I'm calling it the Dockside Tavern, but I think I like Marina Bar & Grill also. Really, it could be anything though.

I got the idea from the Martha's Vineyard Black Dog Tavern, and ideally, Disney could partner with Black Dog to build this.

View attachment 198712

Thanks! And that idea awesome!!

@MonorailRed you should see this -- I like that touch. Seeing as Hurricane Hanna's is moreso for the pool area, this I'm assuming would take on that quick service Geyser Point type feel like you mentioned, and have a great view of Crescent lake too!

GrumpyFan

@MonorailRed you should see this -- I like that touch. Seeing as Hurricane Hanna's is moreso for the pool area, this I'm assuming would take on that quick service Geyser Point type feel like you mentioned, and have a great view of Crescent lake too!

Exactly!

In my opinion, Disney needs more water-side restaurants. There's nothing more peaceful and enjoyable than sitting by the water enjoying a meal and maybe a couple of drinks.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

StevenU

Love this idea!

I got the idea by combining the Martha's Vineyard Black Dog Tavern with the Dockside Cafe. Ideally, Disney could partner with Black Dog to build this.

View attachment 198712

Great idea!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Oh I must have missed the full description - so it looks like Captain's Grille is being re-themed to the Ale & Compass Restaurant as well as a refurbished Ale & Compass Lounge.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/ale-...ace-captains-grille-at-disneys-yacht-club.htm

Description:
The look of the table service restaurant will take cues from a lighthouse, with an on-stage hearth oven as a focal point.

We'll we did want to put the Dockside Tavern next to the lighthouse!:joyfull:

MonorailRed

Applebees
A @MonorailRed and @spacemt354 collaboration project

Welcome to Nantucket Wharf and Tisbury Point!

The latest DVC expansion project coming to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. With the craze of waterfront bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Wilderness Lodge - we searched for a location that would be ripe for another bungalow addition.

On the shores of Nantucket Island, especially near the marina, you can pass by small houses along the waterfront, with boats and docks surrounding them.
e94700cb68f2a671511348e6bd151dd6.jpg

If you walk along the beaches of Martha's Vineyard, you can also see quaint homes nestled along the shorelines with incredible views of the water
0540085bbff11a1f43d3acedf9a709f6.jpg

At Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts - the relaxation vibes of these locations are prevalent throughout their designs, and with the Nantucket Wharf DVC Expansion - guests will be able to reserve 2 floor DVC homes along both the Yacht Club marina and Beach Club shores.

There will be 22 DVC homes in all -- 11 on the Yacth Club side and 11 on the Beach Club side.

Map of Expansion

Yacht Club DVC - Nantucket Wharf
The Yacht Club Marina will be moved in front of the Bungalows and to the sides of the vacation homes to generate a more Nantucket style atmosphere to the surrounding area (as that is what it would look like if you had a home along the wharf. Choose from 11 eclectic styled 2 floor homes along the Marina of the Yacht Club, with the added perk of Marina use. Boating on Crescent Lake will now be a perk of Yacht Club DVC members only, along with Illuminations Fireworks gatherings. Boating in Crescent Lake has never been as popular as the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, so it will be an exclusive for DVC Yacht Club guests.

Beach Club DVC - Tisbury Point
Named after a famous town on the Martha's Vineyard Island, on the Beach Club side of the resort, guests can enter incredibly spacious vacation villas along the beaches, looking out over at Disney's Boardwalk Resort and the rest of the Epcot Resort Area.

11 unique Villas you can choose from at Tisbury Point, with some that can sleep up to 12 guests.

And the best part is -- you still have all the added amenities of being in the Epcot Resort Area and staying at the Yacht and Beach Club!
1815623180936170019%253Faccount_id%253D9

More details on the layout of the different DVC villas coming soon. But for now -- comment below with your thoughts and feedback if you'd like. Thank you!​

Sketchup version of map

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 12.48.16 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom