Disney's sending out flash drives again

WhatJaneSays

From my understanding, you wouldn't know if Disney was doing something sneaky or not.

I'm no expert but I have been told by people who are that these devices pose a great security risk.

Do I really think Disney would do something under handed? Not to that degree. Could they? I am told, yes. I would rather not take a chance.
There is no 100% way to know that the drives are benign. However, I am well acquainted with the risks involved with any kind of foreign data contact with computer systems. The average computer is more likely to be compromised or data-mined by a flash banner ad that has been taken over by malicious code on a site like this than via a physical drive.

Disney would gain very minimal data at extreme risk of being caught. Now the factory source of the mass produced drives may be another willing to take the chance on data gathering via the Disney product name but the second anyone suspected wrong doing it would be traced immediately back to them. There are just so many easier and less traceable ways to accomplish much more for it to be worth the effort.

Could be worse... we got ours... kids freaked completely out... I put the box in our little basket where we keep all the printed copies of our itinerary, Disney mail, etc. Now POOF... no box. No flashdrive.

We have torn the house to pieces looking for it. No avail. Kids are heartbroken.

Called Disney and talked to their promotional department. Can't get another one. It's a 3rd party vendor out of their control.

Sucks.

And yes, I saw them on eBay for $35 each - plus $4 for shipping. Thinking about buying one to brightened my kids' day. They are really upset over it "getting lost."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom