Disney's sending out flash drives again

StarWarsGirl

Maybe I'm paranoid but there is no way I'd plug a Disney flashdrive into my personal computer. They are datamining enough already.

I'll stick with the fridge magnet, thanks.
I scanned mine with Windows Defender once I plugged it in. It said it was safe. All that was on it were two links to videos. I formatted the flash drive to completely wipe it and it has been a nice little 6 GB flash drive ever since, and this was over a year ago.

Pacha

So, there are 4 of us going Jan. 22-28 and for some odd reason, they sent us 3 flash drives, all with the same stuff on them, and all in boxes good enough quality to display fine jewelry in. :confused:

WDWVolFan

So is this flash drive coming after you book or does it come with the multiple packages and mailers you get between the arrival of the first package until you leave for your vacation?

Grumpy4196

I received one for a trip a couple years ago but have not received any since then. I currently have a bounce back booked and didn't receive anything other than the standard "Welcome Back" mail.

yedliW

We got one (a Mickey jump drive) last year for our January trip. We booked last month for a trip in November, just got a book this time. It is a nice little book, it has our name on the cover, with dates an info about the resort we are booked for. Both trip are DVC trips on points.

SnarkyMonkey

This is what we just got to, for our trip for September 2015. We got the flash drive & magnet for last year's trip - it was handy having that magnet around!

I have stayed at WDW A LOT and I have never received a flash drive or a magnet. How sad! :(

Maybe I'm paranoid but there is no way I'd plug a Disney flashdrive into my personal computer. They are datamining enough already.

I can't tell you the last time I have actually used a flash drive, with the cloud and all, but I can understand your concern. Never thought about it before but they could easily mine data if they wanted to.

WhatJaneSays

I'll stick with the fridge magnet, thanks.
There’s really nothing “on” the drive itself. It’s just a web link to the information on the website.

I just got one two days ago for my stay stating 1/20. I only booked it about a week and a half ago. When I went to reformat it I noticed it was a smaller capacity than the previous ones I’d gotten. It was only a 1GB drive and all the others I have were 2GB.

lebeau

There’s really nothing “on” the drive itself. It’s just a web link to the information on the website.

I just got one two days ago for my stay stating 1/20. I only booked it about a week and a half ago. When I went to reformat it I noticed it was a smaller capacity than the previous ones I’d gotten. It was only a 1GB drive and all the others I have were 2GB.

From my understanding, you wouldn't know if Disney was doing something sneaky or not.

I'm no expert but I have been told by people who are that these devices pose a great security risk.

Do I really think Disney would do something under handed? Not to that degree. Could they? I am told, yes. I would rather not take a chance.

SnarkyMonkey

Absolutely. They could easily install malware or worse on to your computer without being detected. I'm not saying they would or that I'm particularly worried about that (I thought flash drives had gone the way of the dodo. Apparently not.) but they could if they wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom