Disney's producing a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie

Californian Elitist

Okay this the best change lol original animated film crying on the bed. New film literally about to jump out a tower window.

Definitely agree, I'm enjoying this Belle more than the animated version, so far. I saw a clip where it was mentioned that the goal was to make this Belle more modern.

I'm also enjoying the looks of the characters. Lumiere looks great, better than the animated version. I also like the unique take on Plumette's look. She looks graceful and pretty with the half feather duster, half swan look.

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
My only objection to this flick is still the same. Allow me to illustrate:

beast-face-ugly.jpg

Na na na na na na na na GOAT MAN!!!

Yeah, I still hate it.

Princess Leia

Definitely agree, I'm enjoying this Belle more than the animated version, so far. I saw a clip where it was mentioned that the goal was to make this Belle more modern.

I'm also enjoying the looks of the characters. Lumiere looks great, better than the animated version. I also like the unique take on Plumette's look. She looks graceful and pretty with the half feather duster, half swan look.
I agree with you about Plumette, and even Lumiere's look, but there is something really off with Ewan's French accent, IMO.

Californian Elitist

I agree with you about Plumette, and even Lumiere's look, but there is something really off with Ewan's French accent, IMO.

Agreed, it does sound off. I'm not French, nor do I speak it, so I'm not sure what the proper accent is supposed to sound like, but it sounds weird. Not terrible, but weird.

Quinnmac000

I''m the opposite. Belle took her father's place to save his life and she always followed through on her deals. They made this Belle look like she isn't as honest or of strong convictions.

Californian Elitist

I''m the opposite. Belle took her father's place to save his life and she always followed through on her deals. They made this Belle look like she isn't as honest or of strong convictions.

This is more realistic, in my opinion. Who wouldn't try to escape imprisonment from a monster? Also, Belle defies Beast's orders in the animated version.

Sped2424

This is more realistic, in my opinion. Who wouldn't try to escape imprisonment from a monster? Also, Belle defies Beast's orders in the animated version.
Exactly? And what would her father want most of all? Belle safe and away from what they both perceive as a life and death situation. It just makes sense on all levels.

fractal

Beast CGI doesn't do it for me either- doesn't look real and I find it distracting. I think they would have been better served hiring a top makeup-effects staff.

fractal

The problem I have with Lumiere is how hard it is to see the expressions on his face; his eyes, mouth, etc. This is especially a problem because he is one of the most expressive characters. The animated version may not look as "cool" but you knew what he was feeling.

Californian Elitist

The problem I have with Lumiere is how hard it is to see the expressions on his face; his eyes, mouth, etc. This is especially a problem because he is one of the most expressive characters. The animated version may not look as "cool" but you knew what he was feeling.

Definitely agree there, it is kind of hard to see his facial expressions. Too much gold, maybe?

Californian Elitist

The world premiere was held yesterday in Los Angeles, and while interviews are cool, I'm posting this video to admire Emma Watson's fantastic outfit and hair (yes, I'm a woman who's a little obsessed with fashion and hair, and yes, how typical).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom