Disney's producing a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie

Ariel1986

I wasn't sold on Emma Watson to begin with and the now that more clips of the songs have come out... not sold at all! The songs are so important to the film (and to me at least) and her voice is really weak- and autotuned like crazy! I wish they had gone with an actress who could actually sing :(. Seems crazy to me but hey, it's sure to have it's fans and still make billions.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
IMG_0498.JPG
IMG_0500.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0503.JPG
IMG_0504.JPG

Sped2424

I honestly can't wait! Final trailer before the film comes out is happening next monday. From then on just promotional clips and tv spots.

Figments Friend

For those interested in merch / collectibles related to the film -

Build a Bear Workshop is doing a tie in with the new live action adaption, and has a small limited edition bear collection releasing on February 1st.
I had the opportunity to see the product before release, in hand, and the quality is quite nice.
There is a 'Belle' inspired bear that has attractively hued pastel colors, and a nicely made 'Beast' themed bear.

As with all of Build a Bears' plush animals, clothing and assecories are sold separately and this collection is no different.
Outfits are availible for both, based on the designs worn in the upcoming film.
These are attractive looking, but made out of thin fabrics and rather expensively priced ( gotta love that Disney licensing...)

Thought I would mention it here...
I think those interested in plush animals will want to check these out.

All the merchandise I have seen to date in my travels related to the new film is quite nice.
There is a real 'elegance' factor that seems to be a over riding theme in the design elements, and I am just basing this off of the merchandise I have seen to date.
The graphic posters are also very eye catching...hoping this film will live up to the promise.

-

Sped2424

I wish we had some more singing from the actual cast.
Saving that for the film and honestly I am all in favor of that given how different certain things can sound (I.E the prologue). I'd also wager while this may be the final trailer that clips and such might make their way out.

Last edited:

Sped2424

All I have to say after watching that is WoW. The choir that seems to be singing along to the tune of the prologue music?? Chills. I pray that's on the soundtrack and not something made for the trailer.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My sister is a musical snob. I had to listen to a 30 minute diatribe after La La Land on the fact that that Emma Stone changed into tap shoes and then didn't even tap. She was very skeptical about seeing this movie. After the trailer dropped last night she texted me to preorder tickets.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Saving that for the film and honestly I am all in favor of that given how different certain things can sound (I.E the prologue). I'd also wager while this may be the final trailer that clips and such might make their way out.

True. I have no problem with things sounding different than the movie, musical etc. I'm used to that. It does make since to hold it back though. I'm really looking forward to Josh Gad singing Gaston.

Sped2424

True. I have no problem with things sounding different than the movie, musical etc. I'm used to that. It does make since to hold it back though. I'm really looking forward to Josh Gad singing Gaston.
Yeah its why I am glad they didn't show too much of the singing or new material. Leaving a surprise for the release :,)

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Here is a photo of the recently released 'Beauty & the Beast' live action film collectibles launched by Build-a-Bear Workshop earlier this week.
These are available at all locations, and online via the store website.

Both are made out of good quality fabrics and have nice detailing.
The clothing outfits look nice, but are pricey ($18 each, not including shoes ) and are made out of thin fabrics.

Thought folks here might enjoy a look -

-

Princess Leia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_and_the_Beast_(2017):_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtrack

Full Soundtrack list (including all of the new songs!!!)

Things worth noting:
  • The Prologue has been split into two parts, sandwiching an original song 'Aria' sung by Audra McDonald (Garderobe)
  • Maurice (Kevin Kline) sings 'How Does a Moment Last Forever (Music Box) after 'Belle'
  • 'Gaston' has been combined into one song on the soundtrack, as opposed to the original film soundtrack where it was split in two
  • The servants of the castle will sing the new song 'Days in the Sun', sometime after 'Be Our Guest', taking the place of 'Human Again'
  • Belle will sing a reprise of 'How Does a Moment Last Forever' after 'Something There'
  • The Beast will have a solo after 'Beauty and the Beast' titled 'Evermore'. It's not 'If I Can't Love Her' (which is my favorite original song from the Broadway version), but I'll take it, since the Beast really deserves a solo (this is the one that Josh Groban will sing in the credits)
  • 'The Mob Song' is a full minute shorter in this soundtrack. It could be that the speaking parts featured in the original animated film's soundtrack were taken out of the live action film's soundtrack.
The soundtrack will be released on March 10th.

Princess Leia

So I accidentally read some potential spoilers (I wasn't thinking and thought 'Beauty and the Beast has been out for 25+ years, what kind of spoilers could there be??? :banghead:), and from what I read, this version looks like it could be a bit darker, earning it's PG rating (unlike Cinderella, I still think that could have been G).

I'm not 100% positive over the accuracy, but if anyone wants to look, I put them in a spoiler tag.

• The Beast became cruel after his mother died, taking after his father
  • Belle's mother died from the plague in Paris, causing Maurice to become incredibly protective of Belle and to move to the town
  • The Beast's Castle is enchanted and separated from the rest of the world
  • Villagers will die during The Mob Song
  • All of the servants will die when the Beast dies... which of course is only temporary
  • LeFou turns on Gaston in the end, no longer wanting to be a part of his cruelty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom