Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
12:05 - Glass Slipper and 10k already on hold

Saw that. But got in JUST as registration opened and believe it or not I was able to register for both the Glass Slipper and the 5K without being put in a queue. First. Time. Ever.

Wonder how long it will take for the Glass Slipper to sell out for early registration?

dreamfinder

Saw that. But got in JUST as registration opened and believe it or not I was able to register for both the Glass Slipper and the 5K without being put in a queue. First. Time. Ever.

Wonder how long it will take for the Glass Slipper to sell out for early registration?

This system makes it screwy. Since I think it's a 15min queue window, slots might not get released for 15 mins, causing a serious delay in the actual sell out. The last few ones I've watched, the on hold released for a less than a minute, only to go back on hold for another 15mins then becoming Sold Out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
This system makes it screwy. Since I think it's a 15min queue window, slots might not get released for 15 mins, causing a serious delay in the actual sell out. The last few ones I've watched, the on hold released for a less than a minute, only to go back on hold for another 15mins then becoming Sold Out.

I got worried because the registration button on the DVC website disappeared. So I used the AP link. And now DVC is up.

But yeah, I agree that their registration system needs improvement. This having to register every person in your running group individually sucks.

Disney needs to hire some top notice IT people. If Amazon can handle the web traffic its site sees DAILY (and 90% of it is me ;) ), Disney should certainly be able to host websites that don't crash on a regular basis...but they do give us cute "we're down" pages....:rolleyes:

When's the last time Amazon's site went down? And think of the traffic during Christmas. Surely Disney, the world's largest entertainment company, can be better.

But I'm registered for the races I want, so I'm happy.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Proof of time not due until November 15th. Hopefully I can improve my time during the Wine & Dine and submit that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2:00 - Glass Slipper and 10k pre-registration sold out

It took 2 hours for those two races to sell out pre-registration?! Hmm, wonder if runDisney has hit the tipping point. Got an email reminding me to register starting the 12th. Interesting that the email stated that registration fees will go up closer to the race date, if slits are still available. So if the Half doesn't sell out by end of January, you'll increase the fee?! Love Disney's logic....

dreamfinder

It took 2 hours for those two races to sell out pre-registration?! Hmm, wonder if runDisney has hit the tipping point. Got an email reminding me to register starting the 12th. Interesting that the email stated that registration fees will go up closer to the race date, if slits are still available. So if the Half doesn't sell out by end of January, you'll increase the fee?! Love Disney's logic....

The pre-reg for Marathon weekend ended, with Goofy and the Full marathon still having open pre-reg slots. runDisney is definitely slowing down. I'm watching 5 races right now that still have openings for the availability tracker, most of which sold out within a month of going live in past years.

Eh, the price increase was par for the course. However they stopped doing that a few races ago, so if I would think it's another copy/paste snafu. runDisney.com still shows
Entry Fees and Deadlines

Disney Princess Half Marathon
  • $185
Disney Glass Slipper Challenge
  • $320
Disney Princess Enchanted10K
  • $120
Disney Princess 5K
  • $75
runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
  • Dashes - $20
  • Mile - $30

Most races increase as it gets closer. They want to get you locked in early to help ensure the meet their minimums to break even.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

Do not think that runDisney has hit the tipping point. I think the 10K sold out in minutes today.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just checked and Glass Slipper isn't sold out yet. And the 5k is still open, also.

Hum, remember it sold out pretty quickly last year. Are some challenges loosing their luster? Or are there too many runDisney events at the beginning of the year with the Marathon, Light Side and Princess?

psherman42

It actually took a couple days for the Rebel Challenge early registration to fill up. I kept checking because I wanted to register but by the time I committed it was sold out lol. I was able to get in on the first day though no problem. I think it's taking events longer because there's so many now which I think is good. It's better to have too many than have them all sell out in minutes. And I'm about to sign up for a 10k in Chicago and the fee increases the closer it gets to the date so I don't think that's a big deal either.

dreamfinder

Do not think that runDisney has hit the tipping point. I think the 10K sold out in minutes today.

The problem is, that the 10k's aren't a good representation of the health of runDisney overall. Each 10k (and 5k for Marathon weekend) have only a fraction of the bibs available for non-challenge registration. Last year the Princess had approx 6840 finishers. Challenge registrations had been limited to around 7,500 in the past, so odds are it is still in the 7,000-7,500 bibs range. The 10k itself had 11,343 finishers. So well over half the bibs are allocated to the Glass Slipper Challenge. So figure how many families travel down, and have kids, relatives, whatever who want to run a race, but not do the half, so the 10k fills up abnormally fast. I'm pretty sure the data shows this for just about every race since they started adding the challenges.

While the challenges make them easy money, they also screw with their other registrations. Making 10ks sell out un-naturally fast, and making the main event of the weekend sell out slower since alot of people think they can easily make the jump up to the challenge. Leaving an overpriced half/full marathon trying to find runners with all the hard core people having already registered for the challenge.

dreamfinder

I've updated the tracker, but I'll stick it here as well.
  • Glass Slipper Challenge - Sold Out 7/14/2016
  • Half Marathon
  • 10k - Sold Out 7/12/2016
  • Princess 5k
  • Kids Races

LAKid53

Premium Member
5k still available. Wonder if I could convince DD and DSon-in-law to run it with me. Race is a few days before their first wedding anniversary...and they got married at WDW. What better way to celebrate your first anniversary than running a race at Disney...with your mother-in-law. :happy:

dreamfinder

I've updated the tracker, but I'll stick it here as well.
  • Half Marathon - Sold Out 7/21/2016
  • Princess 5k
  • Kids Races - Sat 2/25 Sold Out Both Dashes/Mile Run Fri 2/24 Still Available

dreamfinder

Looks like the Princess weekend may buck recent trends and sell out within a few weeks of opening. Just waiting on that 5k, surprised it's still open.

dreamfinder

And the 5k finally sold out.
  • Half Marathon - Sold Out 7/21/2016
  • Princess 5k - Sold Out 8/8/2016
  • Kids Races - Sat 2/25 Sold Out Both Dashes/Mile Run Fri 2/24 Still Available

Mad Stitch

2017 Medals
rdm19349990fi.jpg

Closer look here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...beast/?CMP=SOC-ESPNWWOSFY17Q1DisneySports0046

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom