Disney's New Moderate Resort!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning All. As of yet,the answer is no.But if Disney decided to build a new resort,and make it the fifth moderate in WDW. Heres the scenario. You have to decide where in Disney it would be,and what would be the theme.The reason I ask is I had this dream last night,( stay with me here ) that this new moderate resort was at the back of Fort Wilderness Lodges. It was called " The Caledonian " and featured a Scottish castle as the main entrance,where the CM'S were dressed in tartan outfits,and various statues of famous Scots were situated in the concierge ( Robert the Bruce,etc ) The resort had 4 buildings consisting of 150 rooms,making it a 600 room resort.Each building was named after a famous Scottish clan, ( McLeod,Campbell,Stewart,Fraser ) The resort had its own TS restaurant named " The Balmoral " serving Scottish dishes like Loch Fyne Oysters & Smoked Salmon and Haunch of Highland Venison. It also had a lounge/bar which was stocked with over 200 malt whiskies,and on Saturday nights they had a Ceilidh,where highland dancers & bagpipes done a show along with a Scottish folk band.The main pool had a Loch Ness Monster water slide.Anyway,Thats my dream for a new moderate resort.What would you like to see as a theme for this ( as yet ) unbuilt vision.?;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good Morning All. As of yet,the answer is no.But if Disney decided to build a new resort,and make it the fifth moderate in WDW. Heres the scenario. You have to decide where in Disney it would be,and what would be the theme.The reason I ask is I had this dream last night,( stay with me here ) that this new moderate resort was at the back of Fort Wilderness Lodges. It was called " The Caledonian " and featured a Scottish castle as the main entrance,where the CM'S were dressed in tartan outfits,and various statues of famous Scots were situated in the concierge ( Robert the Bruce,etc ) The resort had 4 buildings consisting of 150 rooms,making it a 600 room resort.Each building was named after a famous Scottish clan, ( McLeod,Campbell,Stewart,Fraser ) The resort had its own TS restaurant named " The Balmoral " serving Scottish dishes like Loch Fyne Oysters & Smoked Salmon and Haunch of Highland Venison. It also had a lounge/bar which was stocked with over 200 malt whiskies,and on Saturday nights they had a Ceilidh,where highland dancers & bagpipes done a show along with a Scottish folk band.The main pool had a Loch Ness Monster water slide.Anyway,Thats my dream for a new moderate resort.What would you like to see as a theme for this ( as yet ) unbuilt vision.?;)
Here's one for you! It's never going to happen but here goes! Put a French themed moderate on the monorail line (never ever gonna happen) Each section would be done in the stlye of different regions and periods in France An elaborate gilded section for King Louis, a French country side themed area a section dedicated to Paris lots of copies of works done by the French masters the food court would be fillled with lovely French pasteries and sandwiches and a few salad options for me! It would also need a bistro themed after Gaston's with the best wine selection on property! Like I said ain't ever gonna happen! A girl can dream can't she!

Cindee75

This is the best - I could get DH to go all the time if this were true

bethymouse

Magic Kingdom area. Something w/ the 7 Wonders of the World. There could be 7 different sections w/ different themes. I'm not sure what I'd call it. But, it would be a moderate w/ a nice pool and slide that would include boat and monorail transportation! It's not fair that the deluxes have all the amenities! J/K. It would just be nice to have a moderate or even a value resort in the MK area. Yes- I know technically the Cabins at Fort Wilderness are considered "moderate", but IMHO, the cabins are no longer in that price category!:)

WED99

If we can't get Walt's plan for Progress City, maybe we can get Progress City Resort.

Just a small future city themed area that has rooms of the future and everything is new and emerging tech you can try out. It could all work with RFID, like signs saying "Welcome Back x!" (x= your name). Would suit well next to Epcot with the monorail doing a loop through the city.

TDF

If we can't get Walt's plan for Progress City, maybe we can get Progress City Resort.

Just a small future city themed area that has rooms of the future and everything is new and emerging tech you can try out. It could all work with RFID, like signs saying "Welcome Back x!" (x= your name). Would suit well next to Epcot with the monorail doing a loop through the city.

I actually would love a high tech resort like that, an automated check-in, touch screens, RFID, AMAZING

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom