Disney's Moana

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
image.jpeg
Phillipa Soo who plays Hamilton's wife Eliza in the hit musical. Will be playing a villager in Moana.

Matt_Black

No, somewhere else. Coincidentally, the same forum that had someone mention that BH6 could be offensive to veterans and someone else imply that inside out was racist because Joy is white (huh?) whereas Sadness is not white, totally missing the point that Sadness is BLUE because sad people are said to be feeling BLUE.

prberk

Am I the only one that still think's the "Disney" tag (without an apostrophe and "s" like "Disney's") is silly-looking in these movies? At least "Disney's" made grammatical sense.

I think the better descriptive phrase would be the old "Walt Disney Pictures presents...". That just made sense. Period.

This new way obviously comes from a marketing department directive, but just looks stupid and doesn't make sense, especially on a movie title like this. Can you hear ANYONE saying, "I want to go see Disney Moana this weekend"?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Am I the only one that still think's the "Disney" tag (without an apostrophe and "s" like "Disney's") is silly-looking in these movies? At least "Disney's" made grammatical sense.

I think the better descriptive phrase would be the old "Walt Disney Pictures presents...". That just made sense. Period.

This new way obviously comes from a marketing department directive, but just looks stupid and doesn't make sense, especially on a movie title like this. Can you hear ANYONE saying, "I want to go see Disney Moana this weekend"?

I don't think most random people care who made the movie, if it looks good they go. How many CMs have stories of people asking for random nonDisney characters in the parks.

TyTrap

I can't wait to see this. Also I can't wait to see how Moana is integrated into the parks. Obviously she and Maui will be doing character meals in the restaurant at the Polynesian resort. I'm assuming Hollywood studios could hold a meet and greet too.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I saw the teaser in front of Dory today. It was odd it was the ONLY trailer in front of the movie, no BFG or Pete's Dragon. I would think they would want o push those upcoming Disney movies too. It looked and sounded great.

Flippin'Flounder

I saw the teaser in front of Dory today. It was odd it was the ONLY trailer in front of the movie, no BFG or Pete's Dragon. I would think they would want o push those upcoming Disney movies too. It looked and sounded great.
That's really weird. We're there any non-Disney ones? I've seen BFG and Pete's Dragon trailers in front of multiple movies. They seem to be really pushing BFG specifically, I think I saw it on TV more than Finding Dory.

Sped2424

Original Poster
A musician friend of mine is in the studio THIS WEEK recording the soundtrack to Moana. He says it's a fantastic score and has been very fun to play.
That's AWESOME! I wish we could get a bigger teaser for the music soon. Hopefully during comic con?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom