Disney's Moana

Phroobar

Just saw the movie a couple of hours ago and had a great time. Definitely Disney animation is firing on all cylinders now. Disneyland needs to put a story time version of this movie in the old Tahitian Terrace complete with fire dancers.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Just saw the movie a couple of hours ago and had a great time. Definitely Disney animation is firing on all cylinders now. Disneyland needs to put a story time version of this movie in the old Tahitian Terrace complete with fire dancers.
:cautious: I want a poly expansion at the magic kingdom. Voyaging and all....

Phroobar

:cautious: I want a poly expansion at the magic kingdom. Voyaging and all....
What if the Polynesian hotel had it's own built in ride based on Moana? It would be like a miniland at a hotel. Imagine how many people would want to stay there if the resort had it's own exclusive ride.

Disneyfanman

I was really Wowed by this movie! Great music and a terrific ( though slightly predictable) plot. I really thought the score was fantastic, exceeding anything in the past decade. As others have said there isn't a huge centerpiece like "Let it go", but overall I was completely swept away. Dwayne Johnson was a brilliant pick for Maui. This was one of my all time favorites. I hope it makes a gazillion dollars. This and Zootopia showed a brilliant year for Disney Animation.

Disneyhead'71

Big Hero 6 was innovative? I thought it was pretty boilerplate and unremarkable. I mean, it was a perfectly fine film but there was little special about it.

Zootopia, though, yeah just fantastic.

Back on topic, though: Best Animated film: Zootopia or Moana? Or something else like Finding Dory or Secret Life of Pets?
Kubo.

Disneyhead'71

For those saying , "DAK". There was exactly one crab, one pig, and one chicken.

That's only one more than Wall.E had (1 plant, 1 cockroach).

Not really the best representation of Earth's Animal Kingdom is it?

Suspirian

For those saying , "DAK". There was exactly one crab, one pig, and one chicken.

That's only one more than Wall.E had (1 plant, 1 cockroach).

Not really the best representation of Earth's Animal Kingdom is it?

As well as the Manta rays, various sea life, and the monsters some of which were based on actual polynesian mythology. Adventureland woukd definitely be the better fit for an actual attraction, but some small inclusion in DAK wouldnt be completely out of place imo.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As well as the Manta rays, various sea life, and the monsters some of which were based on actual polynesian mythology. Adventureland woukd definitely be the better fit for an actual attraction, but some small inclusion in DAK wouldnt be completely out of place imo.

How about the Living Sea in Moana become part of the Living Seas at Epcot? That Nemo ride is awful. Nemo has the musical and Turtle Talk, it can give up it's dark ride for Moana.

And I like Adventureland for Moana. Start with Stitch playing around with alien time technology and then, bam, you're in Moana's world running from the Kokomorra, beset by singing Tiki birds, then you see the living Mother-God-Island, then singing volcanoes of Lava. Visit the heads of Easter Island who are gods that send you back to the present, but, accidentally some of the Kokomorra come back too, then it's a chase through a surfing competition and a Polynesian fire show to collect them and send them back in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom