Disney's Hollywood Studios to host an opening night event to celebrate the Force Awakens

TheRabbit

Wow, $95 to see a movie and go to Hollywood Studios for a few hours. Same movie you can see the following day for $12. I guess to some, seeing it first is very important.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, $95 to see a movie and go to Hollywood Studios for a few hours. Same movie you can see the following day for $12. I guess to some, seeing it first is very important.
Seeing it first really has little to do with.

There is an unexplainable X factor to events like this if you are seriously into Star Wars. The Last Tour to Endor was a similar event and it ranks in the top 3 on my list of "Best days at at theme park".

There is just something about being together with a bunch of other people with a similar extreme level of fandom that makes an event like this more than the sum of it's parts.

note2001

To go from watching the new movie, to the closed off DHS with characters? Yes, this has value to fans.
Paying for the opportunity to stand in line to buy merchandise had none.

If Disney wants to add a bit more magic to the event, they will arrange for Chewie to walk through the darkened theater during the previews, or BB8 to roll down the isle during the movie so fast no one really has time to react, but just sit with jaw agape :)

Eckert

A new trailer is supposed to be playing during Monday night football tonight. I would imagine that it will be online minutes if not immediately after.
Yeah, but I want to have a little fun with it! I was thinking that since they're having a gathering at Downtown Disney at Disneyland, we would have one as well. Guess not. :rolleyes:

How nice it would have been to have seen the trailer and then go for a drink over at Jock Lindsay's immediately after.

TheRabbit

There is an unexplainable X factor to events like this if you are seriously into Star Wars. The Last Tour to Endor was a similar event and it ranks in the top 3 on my list of "Best days at at theme park".

There is just something about being together with a bunch of other people with a similar extreme level of fandom that makes an event like this more than the sum of it's parts.
I can understand that, even if it's not my thing. Looking forward to the movie when the crowds die down.

Ignohippo

Except that, unlike Last Trip To Endor, only Launch Bay and Star Tours will be open for this event.

$100 for two attractions, a dance party and fireworks is absurd.

JohnD

Would like to head down too but 1) I will have just been at WDW for a week 11/-9-13, 2) my work schedule would not permit it because of the time just taken off, and 3) recovering from outpatient surgery.

As for cost, if the $95 covers the ticket, concessions, and food/beverage at the party in HS then I think it sounds a little more worth it to me, not to mention the extra "X" factor already mentioned. For anyone who lives in the area or was planning on being there around that time, I would give it consideration if you're a SW fan.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Except that, unlike Last Trip To Endor, only Launch Bay and Star Tours will be open for this event.

$100 for two attractions, a dance party and fireworks is absurd.
To you maybe. The only non-Star Wars attraction I went on during Last Tour was a single ride on TSMM and I had a blast.

These things are just not about the attractions.

JohnD

Huh? The thing will be played at every movie screen, at every theater around the world within 24 hours.

I'll end up doing that too just because I won't have the opportunity but would if I had the chance. But this IS a SW fandom opportunity. It's worth it to those who want to be among the first to see it. Don't knock those who want to go. No one is "forcing" you to go.

Ignohippo

Would like to head down too but 1) I will have just been at WDW for a week 11/-9-13, 2) my work schedule would not permit it because of the time just taken off, and 3) recovering from outpatient surgery.

As for cost, if the $95 covers the ticket, concessions, and food/beverage at the party in HS then I think it sounds a little more worth it to me, not to mention the extra "X" factor already mentioned. For anyone who lives in the area or was planning on being there around that time, I would give it consideration if you're a SW fan.

It does not cover concessions or food and beverage. They are only saying that those things will be open. It is not covers in the cost.

Ignohippo

Let me emphasize:

If you were someone who were interested in buying the ticket, you would understand the appeal of it all.

Oh, trust me, I'm VERY interested. I have always been planning on being in the first showing at Disney Springs (I actually camped out to get tix to the first screening of Ep.1 when it came out).

I just find $100/ ticket to be absolutely absurd for the limited amount of offerings for this event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom