Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Goofyernmost

I heard they were renaming the park "Phil". Simple, easy to remember, and it invokes a friendly intimacy other theme parks lack.
I would have thought that Sam would be even more warm and fuzzy feeling! George would have been good but way to many letters. Even Phil is pushing the envelop.

DisDan

No no....Disney will go with the cheaper route of just removing the word Studios from everything (maybe with just a strikethrough) and the park will just be called Disney's Hollywood Studios

Princess Leia

Welcome to "Lucas Land", where practically everything here has a tie to George Lucas.
  • Star Wars
  • Indiana Jones
  • Roger Rabbit
  • Pixar (originally called the Graphics Group, part of LucasFilm until Steve Jobs purchased it in the 1980s)
  • Marvel (.... well, it was Howard the Duck, but he was in Guardians!)
  • Jim Henson (Labyrinth)

Last edited:

JohnD

Disney Adventure Movie Park
DAMP

Disney In Movies People Love Everywhere
DIMPLE

Disneys Ultimate Movie Paradise
DUMP

Disney's Extended Attraction Development
DEAD

I mean no disrespect. I look forward to SW and TS Lands but I just scheduled a quick trip 3/31 - 4/2 primarily to see ROL. Guess which park I'm skipping.

Marty Rotondo

Watching old VHS tapes via YouTube of the opening of MGM Studios.
The stars really came out for that one.......
"Hooooo-raaaay foooooor,
The same 3 stars,
Hey everybody it's the same 3 stars!"

As for the new name, I can't imagine it would have kingdom in it. But if so then Epcot should be renamed "we already had a problem like this with Tomorrowland so we built a bigger one kingdom".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom