Disney's Hollywood Studios 25th Anniversary?

Jakester

Original Poster
We are less than a month away from May 1st which will be Disney's Hollywood (MGM) Studios 25th Anniversary. Suprised there isn't much talk about it.
But does anybody know if anything is planned at all?

harryk

I can just see a new parade coming through with talking heads as in the original park.Villas at the Wilderness Lodge  

Hobnail Boot

Orlando Park News tweeted this a day ago:

BkgQYd1CQAA7asf.png

https://twitter.com/orlando_parks/status/452629775056519169

Bocabear

The BAH is not bad...it's just in the wrong location... they should move it to the other end of the street by the entrance gates and the problem is fixed... It looks like the Golden Age of Hollywood again. the Earful tower always seemed like a strange icon... especially now that Disney Springs is also going to have an old water tank as their entry sign, and Celebration also uses an old water tank...I am not even sure what a water tank has to do with the Golden Age Of Hollywood...

Californian Elitist

The Earful tower always seemed like a strange icon... especially now that Disney Springs is also going to have an old water tank as their entry sign, and Celebration also uses an old water tank...I am not even sure what a water tank has to do with the Golden Age Of Hollywood...

Almost every major movie studio in California has a water tower, so I'm guessing that's what Disney was trying to go for. It doesn't necessarily invoke Hollywood, but I see what they were trying to do.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There are a couple of events for cast, including a cast only American Idol show, and a chance to ride Rock n Roller with the lights on.

I don't know of anything yet for guests. Although following the now popular anniversary playbook, I am sure there will be cupcakes, a commemorative map, a chance to buy merchandise, and VP speech at the park opening.

Matt_Black

There are a couple of events for cast, including a cast only American Idol show, and a chance to ride Rock n Roller with the lights on.

I don't know of anything yet for guests. Although following the now popular anniversary playbook, I am sure there will be cupcakes, a commemorative map, a chance to buy merchandise, and VP speech at the park opening.

Yeah, it's odd. Last year, Animal Kingdom had it's 15th anniversary, and that had a bit of fanfare, and they promoted it.

hpyhnt 1000

Oh boy, so much to (maybe) look forward to!

That sort of thing is ok for "off year" anniversaries (15th, 20th, 35th, etc.) but 25 is a fairly big milestone. It deserves more recognition than a pin, some cupcakes and the chance to hear some executive pretend that they care about DHS.

ToTBellHop

Did you book your flights yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom