Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort weekend getaway!

Sooo, a few days after we came back from WDW, a friend put the beach bug in my ear. I mentioned it to Kevin and he was all for it! "It" was 3 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort in a grand villa with a couple of friends and their daughter.

After about 4 hours on and off the phone with DVC, we finally got 2 nights and planned to ask the front desk to convert the last night to points for us when we got there. There was availability for cash but not for DVC points. I called back every day and a few days before we left, I was able to go ahead and get that 3rd night.

Like I said in my last report, Kevin has decided he can't drive more that 4 hours in a single day. So we stopped in Metter, GA on Thursday night. The next morning we got up bright and early and headed for Hilton Head. The other family that was going with us, had been to HHI before, but this was our first time. We arrived well before check in, so we went straight to the pool.

581387682_kicZN-L.jpg

Around 2pm they had our room ready so we made our way to our villa.

Living room

581385647_Ro37f-L.jpg

Kitchen/Dining room

581385311_dNmFg-L.jpg

Master bedroom

581386679_7r7he-L.jpg

This was our view from the balcony

581379131_o9S2T-L.jpg

Disney and their details! These were carved into the little bench in the foyer

581386015_pSBBh-L.jpg

581386309_C8c9d-Ti.jpg

The first night we went to The Old Oyster Factory for dinner. This place is DELICIOUS!! We decided that the husbands would ride back together and stop by the store for supplies, so that we could get back with the kids for the Campfire Sing along at the resort.

581388743_Jhuhq-L.jpg

After the sing along, everyone got in line and roasted marshmallows and made s’mores!

TwoTigersMom

Original Poster
Saturday was our guys, big day! They had a 3pm tee time for Harbour Town. We got up early and made Mickey pancakes for breakfast. Then moseyed out to the pool for a while. After the pool party, the kids did the Gyotaku activity. They each had a paper plate that they filled with assorted paints and then they were given a dead fish! They painted this fish with a paintbrush and when they finished, they pressed tee shirts down onto it. I haven’t taken a picture of their shirts yet, but I’ll try to get one tomorrow and post it.

After that we went to the main lodge for some ghost stories with B’Lou Crabbe. When we were done it was time to meet up with the guys at the light house and go to dinner. We let the kids play on the playground a bit.

581394672_drEYA-L.jpg

581394146_ko7d4-L.jpg

581377753_U5tVv-L.jpg

Soon, they guys said they were just finishing the 17th hole, so we went to the lighthouse to watch them on the 18th. Hagan and our friend’s DD started yelling that they saw a manatee in the harbor. We assured them that it was probably just a dolphin, since manatees are further south.

581397271_kNdjW-L.jpg

About then, the guys made it to the 18th hole.

581377767_7D2XT-L.jpg

581400080_7ovWP-L.jpg

We went over to the pier while we waited for them to finish up and come meet us.

581407408_hAaqP-L.jpg

We ended up at Land’s End Tavern for dinner. Very fun pirate atmosphere.

581378191_ATRzH-L.jpg

TwoTigersMom

Original Poster
Sunday morning, Mike went out to get Panera for us all. While we ate breakfast, the kids started yelling that they saw a dolphin. We all went out to the balcony to see a dolphin splashing around! We were all going on the 9am dolphin cruise this morning, except for Kevin. Small boats + ocean = very sick Kevin. Turned out, he could have handled it because we stayed in the marsh the whole time. We saw a ton of dolphins there.

581377778_fS94m-L.jpg

581413148_AAQuw-L.jpg

581418096_4Hhz7-L.jpg

While on the cruise, our captain asked us if we’d gone to Harbour Town yet. We said yes and he asked if we had seen the manatees there! We said our apologies to the kids :lol: They were right!

We went back to the room to grab some sandwiches and head to the beach. While we were eating, I mentioned what a shame it was that they guys only got to play 1 round of golf. If only we could stay longer so they could play a couple more rounds. It didn’t take long for a unanimous vote that I get on the phone. So we head out to the beach after extending our little trip 1 extra night and getting tee times for that afternoon!

581377682_TGGrK-L.jpg

581377670_vu8Xj-L.jpg

581377866_XfaPC-L.jpg

The guys left for Golden Bear and the rest of us went to the main lodge to visit with B’Lou Crabbe and Shadow who were greeting guests as they checked in.

581377816_zxsDW-L.jpg

When the guys got back, we went to the Black Marlin for dinner. This place was the cheapest, but BEST place we went to! The food and service were both excellent.

TwoTigersMom

Original Poster
Monday morning, we all headed out for a walk through the marsh.

581378544_yomF5-L.jpg

Joy made a snail friend

581378363_EYXfh-L.jpg

We made our way back to clean ourselves up and quickly decided that this could NOT be our last day here. We just HAD to see the fireworks. So one last night was added :lol:
We ate some lunch then went down to activity area to make some Mickey Tie Dyes.

581377942_h47vn-L.jpg

Dinner this night was at the Crazy Crab. I definitely do not recommend this place. Service was horrible and the food was worse. You never would have thought that with the hour wait before even getting a table.

Tuesday morning, we decided to go to the pier for a little crabbing.

581377835_KLLR3-L.jpg

After catching a few crabs, we went to community hall to paint Disney mugs. We finally finished that and headed to the beach house for a quick lunch and a little beach time. The guys left early to get ready for the Ocean Course at Harbour Town. The rest of us played a little longer in the ocean then went back to the room. We decided to go to dinner without the guys that afternoon and just bring them back something.

We got back from dinner shortly before the guys and we all went to the night time pool party then watched the fireworks. The show was great, but I sure could have used a little Disney music to go along with it. After fireworks, we stayed in the pool until closing, then talked with the lifeguard until much later.

When we went back to the room, we surprised the kids. We weren’t taking the ice cream we had bought home, so I handed them 3 large spoons and the container and said “Have at it!” They were like 3 little piranhas! It didn’t take long and they came off their sugar high.

581426393_V289B-L.jpg

581426651_7JWcq-L.jpg

They passed out and were put to bed shortly after these photos. Us moms & dads stayed up a while later to partake of some glow tinis!

Wednesday morning, we packed up and did a little last minute shopping for souvenirs. First stop was a local artist’s house. He paints mostly golf pictures so we got a couple of his prints. Then we had to stop by all the courses the guys had played to get some souvenirs from there. It was after 3pm before we finally made it towards home!

sueuk

I loved seeing somewhere different (I probably will never visit there). Now homour me ... what exactly ARE smores?

TwoTigersMom

Original Poster
I loved seeing somewhere different (I probably will never visit there). Now homour me ... what exactly ARE smores?

It really is a great resort. It was chock full of activities for everyone to do. S'mores are melted marshmallows and melted chocolate between 2 graham crackers.

Crazy Crab is the biggest disappointment around here! Did you make it to The Salty Dog Heidi?

I enjoyed the report! :wave:

We didn't make it to the Salty Dog, but went to it's sister restaurant, Land's End Tavern.

Our family goes to HHI every summer and it is stunning! I'm so glad you had a great time and I'm glad to know of the resort. Hope I get a look at it on our next trip!

TwoTigersMom

Original Poster
Our family goes to HHI every summer and it is stunning! I'm so glad you had a great time and I'm glad to know of the resort. Hope I get a look at it on our next trip!

It really is great. The resort, itself, is on the marsh but they have shuttles or you can drive or ride your bike to the Beach House. It's got a keyed entry so it's only resort guests. The H shaped pool and a restaurant is there. The beach is really nice too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom