Disney's Contemporary Resort - Perfect Park Acres

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
contemporary-resort-00-full.jpg

Welcome to Disney's Contemporary Resort!

In this armchair imagineering project, we will venture to the back of the Contemporary, focusing on the Garden Wing and pool areas. With the addition of Bay Lake Tower in the late 2000s, the Garden Wing of Disney's Contemporary Resort was the last section in need of a refurbishment. While adding more rooms would be a bit costly for Disney (and not make much sense considering that a tower on the Garden side would be blocked from Fireworks views) Here...we will renovate the rooms to family style suites -- themed around the old Tomorrowland and the original designs of Epcot - to keep the modern, contemporary vibe to the resort, while also adding a bit of flavor to the Garden Wing.

Garden Wing
IMGP8880.JPG

In addition to the Garden Wing renovation - the pool at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a bit lackluster compared to other Deluxe Resort pools. Little theme, a smaller slide, and not a lot to do. With the Garden Wing refurb, the pool will also be renovated and expanded to fit the theme of "Perfect Park Acres"
Pool-Slide-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

"Perfect Park Acres" - the latest in the Hoverburb community, was a reference on the pre-2009 Tomorrowland Transit Authority - which talked about a green space in Tomorrowland. Combined with the green spaces of Project City - renovating the back half of the Contemporary away from the concrete jungle it is today, into a lush, spacious, arboretum of sorts, would be a great way to add flavor and spice to the area.
430315_597795053566497_499526805_n.jpg

The Perfect Park Acres renovation will take influence from the 1975 Tomorrowland design, with 2 spires guiding guests off the Contemporary boat dock and leading them towards the Grand Canyon Concourse and the Perfect Park Acres Pool and Guest Wings.
originalwdwtmo.jpg

Disney's Contemporary Resort Map - Perfect Park Acres Expansion

Above is a map of the refurbished area - with an expanded pool, pool shop, and new bar area on the edge of Bay Lake, to offer guests at the Contemporary Resort a watering hole...on the water! Similar to Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge, this bar area will feature a small lunch/dinner menu as well as a variety of drinks.

The pool is noticeably larger (almost double in size) with an adjacent Jacuzzi and kiddie pool to the left of the main pool on the map above. A new slide will be triple the length of the current slide and relocated to the opposite side of the pool.

Overall, the Perfect Park Acres landscape will sweep from Bay Lake Tower, all the way across to the Garden Wing, taking out all of the concrete in the middle and making the journey through lush gardens a much more aesthetically pleasing stroll.

More details on the bar, and family suites to come soon. If you have any suggestions or thoughts -- comment below! Thank you!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Really like these new threads space. :)
Hey thanks! Appreciate that. I'll try to keep them up -- I'm trying something new. These are ideas that myself and @MonorailRed have had for some time, but instead of consolidating them or waiting for competitions -- now my goal is just to post them with the general idea, get a conversation going, and finish it over time!

It's a different form of open-brainstorming. One that starts with the concept in place, and adjusting it through feedback, rather than starting from scratch like in the Mickey Monitor or Club 32 threads:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
contemporary-resort-00-full.jpg

Welcome to Disney's Contemporary Resort!

In this armchair imagineering project, we will venture to the back of the Contemporary, focusing on the Garden Wing and pool areas. With the addition of Bay Lake Tower in the late 2000s, the Garden Wing of Disney's Contemporary Resort was the last section in need of a refurbishment. While adding more rooms would be a bit costly for Disney (and not make much sense considering that a tower on the Garden side would be blocked from Fireworks views) Here...we will renovate the rooms to family style suites -- themed around the old Tomorrowland and the original designs of Epcot - to keep the modern, contemporary vibe to the resort, while also adding a bit of flavor to the Garden Wing.

Garden Wing
IMGP8880.JPG

In addition to the Garden Wing renovation - the pool at Disney's Contemporary Resort is a bit lackluster compared to other Deluxe Resort pools. Little theme, a smaller slide, and not a lot to do. With the Garden Wing refurb, the pool will also be renovated and expanded to fit the theme of "Perfect Park Acres"
Pool-Slide-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

"Perfect Park Acres" - the latest in the Hoverburb community, was a reference on the pre-2009 Tomorrowland Transit Authority - which talked about a green space in Tomorrowland. Combined with the green spaces of Project City - renovating the back half of the Contemporary away from the concrete jungle it is today, into a lush, spacious, arboretum of sorts, would be a great way to add flavor and spice to the area.
430315_597795053566497_499526805_n.jpg

The Perfect Park Acres renovation will take influence from the 1975 Tomorrowland design, with 2 spires guiding guests off the Contemporary boat dock and leading them towards the Grand Canyon Concourse and the Perfect Park Acres Pool and Guest Wings.
originalwdwtmo.jpg

Disney's Contemporary Resort Map - Perfect Park Acres Expansion

Above is a map of the refurbished area - with an expanded pool, pool shop, and new bar area on the edge of Bay Lake, to offer guests at the Contemporary Resort a watering hole...on the water! Similar to Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge, this bar area will feature a small lunch/dinner menu as well as a variety of drinks.

The pool is noticeably larger (almost double in size) with an adjacent Jacuzzi and kiddie pool to the left of the main pool on the map above. A new slide will be triple the length of the current slide and relocated to the opposite side of the pool.

Overall, the Perfect Park Acres landscape will sweep from Bay Lake Tower, all the way across to the Garden Wing, taking out all of the concrete in the middle and making the journey through lush gardens a much more aesthetically pleasing stroll.

More details on the bar, and family suites to come soon. If you have any suggestions or thoughts -- comment below! Thank you!:)
Calling on an old Gryffindor teammate @GrandCanyonConcourse -- hope you've been well!:) I was wondering with a username such as your own -- what your thoughts are on this idea and anything to add/change if you have the time!:bookworm:

rob0519

Our first ever on property stay was in the now gone Garden Wing looking at Bay Lake. Since then we've stayed in the tower at least 12-15 times. While it's still a great property, I miss the Tennis Club that was torn down when BLT was built. Also I miss the theming and 24 hour food court that both disappeared during the major lobby refurbishment. I hate that the lobby now looks like any Marriott or Hyatt.

The pool area has always been a disappointment. I suppose it's all part of the "minimalist" contemporary look.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Our first ever on property stay was in the now gone Garden Wing looking at Bay Lake. Since then we've stayed in the tower at least 12-15 times. While it's still a great property, I miss the Tennis Club that was torn down when BLT was built. Also I miss the theming and 24 hour food court that both disappeared during the major lobby refurbishment. I hate that the lobby now looks like any Marriott or Hyatt.

The pool area has always been a disappointment. I suppose it's all part of the "minimalist" contemporary look.
I forgot about the Tennis Court! And I'm in agreement -- the resort will always have a special place but I think it could use a bit of a face-lift out of the "generic" hotel category.

After tackling the outside I may venture inside to redo the lobby and such -- I know @MonorailRed wanted to do that at some point!

Little Green Men

Calling on an old Gryffindor teammate @GrandCanyonConcourse -- hope you've been well!:) I was wondering with a username such as your own -- what your thoughts are on this idea and anything to add/change if you have the time!:bookworm:
Hey, thanks for thinking of me! This looks awesome, I think you guys came up with something really cool. I love the sounds of a Geyser Point type place! What about taking a page from the Disneyland hotel: a monorail slide! Only this would be modeled after the original Mark IV's at WDW.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Hey, thanks for thinking of me! This looks awesome, I think you guys came up with something really cool. I love the sounds of a Geyser Point type place! What about taking a page from the Disneyland hotel: a monorail slide! Only this would be modeled after the original Mark IV's at WDW.
Hey! Anytime! This project seems like it is up your alley :D

It's funny we were thinking of a monorail slide as well:bookworm: That would be really cool in this area and actually make sense to model after the Mark IV!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom