DisneyQuest Worth It?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Curious how DisneyQuest is holding up? Are all the games kept in good working order? Anything new? Always wanted to try it but never made it and wondering if it would be worth adding the water parks etc to a ticket.

Soarin2u

Good if you like Video games a lot, some interesting stuff to see and try. Great for a more relaxed Disney day but still out and about doing something without spending all your money. Also good for a rainy day and to let slightly older kids run around while you sit back and relax. I enjoyed it there and would recommend you to do it but nothing beyond the concept to at least experience it once.

midnightsun

Are you adding the more fun option just for DisneyQuest? Or were you also going to be going to the water parks? My boyfriend and I just got back from Disney (we're in our late 20's/mid thirties) and we had the water park/fun option. It had some interesting things and if you're into video games/have kids that are into video games then I think it is worth checking out. There was only one thing that was not working when we were there but there were duplicates so that wasn't a big deal. You also have to keep in mind that it is an arcade essentially so if it's crowded you might have to wait awhile for games.

That said, if all you are adding the fun option for is the DisneyQuest, then it's not worth it. Right now it's $64 bucks to add it as a water park addition but $45 if you were to buy the ticket at the door (at least it was last week).

We enjoyed the addition because the BF was excited about the water parks and we also got the miniature golf with it which I really enjoy. We used the DisneyQuest when we were checking out Downtown Disney and to get out of the heat.

Cmdr_Crimson

Best way to describe it....
meh.gif

woodardfamily

DisneyQuest is the only perk to our FL PAP that our family never uses. We went once, looked around, and left. Unless you just have the extra money laying around, I wouldn't bother.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you look at a first generation Wii and think "OMG!!! The graphics on this thing are amazing!!!" Then you will like DQ.

If you would like graphics greater than 480p or arcade games with working controls, then DQ will be a big disappointment.

blueboxdoctor

I think it's pretty cool, but I'm also a big fan of video games, so that's a plus. There's a good mix of classic and modern games. A whole floor for racing games. Some 3D type games on another floor. That's just a few of the things, it's really easy to spend a couple hours there. Not a lot of time compared to the rest of the trip, but still a nice change of pace.

WDIFanBoy

I enjoy it. But that's just because my family only usually spend the evening in DQ (maybe 4 or 5 hours max). We also have traditional games that we all play on (the NASCAR racing, the Buzz Lightyear game, and maybe Cyber Space Mountain if we haven't ate too much that day). It is pretty out dated though.

WDIFanBoy

Oh and we LOVE the Pirates of the Caribbean simulator too. Sorry I'm blanking on all the real names of these attractions inside DQ.

TBrooker11

We went once and will probably never return. A good amount of games not working, a ton of people in there, and the lines for the terrible attractions it does have are ridiculous. We did Pirates and Aladdin and they were both a complete waste of time. Don't make it the only reason you add money onto your pass.

BrianV

Haven't been in 5 years. We enjoyed it. --lots of classic video games free with admission--, but it was a water-park and more add on. Worth it for a fun thing to do, but certainly not worth the price of admission if you just show up and pay to enter.

Cosmic Commando

I noticed today that the MYW packages now include two free admissions to DisneyQuest... so at that price, it's worth it! The OP may already be getting free admission, and not know it. I enjoyed it FWIW, but the last time I was there was five-ish years ago. It's probably not worth the admission price, but it is enjoyable if you get some kind of discount.

Bairstow

It's arguably the most embarrassingly poorly-updated installation in the entire property.
The only reason to go is make use of a water-parks-and more option on days with nonstop thunderstorms, and even then you better have a strong taste for late-90s racing games and rail shooters.

Dj Corona

It's been years since I've been there, but I enjoyed the 80's arcade game section, with the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars....and I have no idea if it's still there, but the game where you controlled the cars through the temple collecting the treasure was fun, (although most of the time it was broken down)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's arguably the most embarrassingly poorly-updated installation in the entire property.
The only reason to go is make use of a water-parks-and more option on days with nonstop thunderstorms, and even then you better have a strong taste for late-90s racing games and rail shooters.
This.^^^

When it is free, I still feel ripped off.

Bairstow

....and I have no idea if it's still there, but the game where you controlled the cars through the temple collecting the treasure was fun, (although most of the time it was broken down)

Nope, gone.

This was actually one of the more interesting attractions; the "temple" was a built into the floor with a glass roof, so in that section of the arcade all the guests were above the top of the maze. The guests driving the trucks controlled them through live camera feeds coming from miniature video cameras on the vehicles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom