Trip Report Disneymoon aka the trip of ROLLER COASTERS!

Who: The newlyweds! Myself- Laura, 30 & husband Roland, 40
(he turns 41 one week before we leave!)
When: Oct 26 - Nov 2 2017
Where: Staying on property, at All Star Movies
Tickets: 6 day Park Hoppers

The day we tied the knot! May 18, 2017 in Hamilton, NJ
18556315_10100451011927267_494927323973703412_n.jpg
18835646_10100458178505387_1054385178980437903_n.jpg

Last edited:
Growing up, my family of 4 (mom-Michelle,dad-Don,sister-Lindsay & myself-Laura) went to Disney almost every year.. Mom would pull us out of school for a week in early May and it was just about the best thing ever. Our first trip was in 1992-I was five & Lindsay almost three. Once we got older, Mom & Dad began splitting the trips- 4 days in Disney, followed by 3 days at the beach for some down time after the theme parks (Melbourne, St Pete Beach & Clearwater were a few of the beaches we frequented) Our last trip as a family of four was in July of 2007- 4 days at Disney & 3 days at St Pete Beach (I was a few months shy of my 21st birthday, Linds had just turned 18). Coming up on our ten year hiatus, M & D are empty nesters looking for a smaller house near the beach, Lindsay and her boyfriend just purchased a townhouse & I'm excited to announce that my husband, Roland and I have been married a little over a month! (We kept it small-family & close friends) We decided to wait a few months before going on our honeymoon so we'd have something to look forward to- and I was pleased when hubs agreed that DISNEY WORLD would be a great spot for our 'moon:D

When: Oct 26 - Nov 2 2017
Where: Staying on property, at All Star Movies
Tix: 6 day Park Hoppers
ADR: Boma, Coral Reef, Be Our Guest, California Grill, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

Here we are, the day we tied the knot! May 18, 2017
View attachment 211649 View attachment 211648
July 2007- We were so happy to meet POOH at AK. After this, we rode EE!
View attachment 211650
July 2007- Ten years later, going back as a married woman! :D
View attachment 211651
Now the best for last- our first trip, May 1992 (Lindsay, Mom, me) I believe I still have my autograph book!
View attachment 211646
Congratulations!!!! :)

LMSB

Original Poster
Congratulations! My husband and I had a Disneymoon almost 28 years ago! All of our Disney trips since then have been scheduled so that we are at Disney on our anniversary! I hope you have a magical time. Your ADRs include many of my favorites! Looking forward to following along.
Ty!! Coral Reef, 50's & Sci-Fi were always staples during our trips.. hubs has been to 50's once (he was put in the corner for not finishing his chicken- LOL) Boma, Be Our Guest & Cali Grill are new to us.. can't wait!

12in12

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your wedding photos. Your Disney moon sounds wonderful and I can't wait to read all about it!

amjt660

Premium Member
Congratulations on your wedding and upcoming trip

Your initial plans look great

I look forward to more planning and then the TR for the actual trip.

Following along

Max

LMSB

Original Poster
Hello again! I can't believe its been nearly two months since starting my trip report :confused: The week after my original post I quit my job, interviewed for another the same day, was offered the job, accepted it & began a week later. We also put our house up for sale & are currently looking at new ones. Sheesh! Needless to say, things have been hectic but have recently calmed down & we are 71 days away from our DISNEYMOON:D We are purchasing our 6 day park hoppers this weekend, and can start booking our FP+ on Aug 26th. We are staying for a week (Thurs 10/26-Thurs 11/2) but decided to six days in the parks instead of seven. Our first day we are going to resort hop, eat some good food & just enjoy being "in the bubble".

Our ADRS have been updated since my last posting:
Thurs 10/26- Brunch @ Chef Mickey's
Thurs 10/26- Dinner @ Sanaa
Fri 10/27- Dinner @ Coral Reef
Sat 10/28- Breakfast @ Be our Guest (I check daily & have been keeping my fingers crossed that a dinner res opens for BOG)
Sun 10/29- Dinner @ California Grill
Mon 10/30- Dinner @ 50's Prime Time Cafe
Tues 10/31- Dinner @ Sci-Fi Dine In Theater

DAY 1
Thurs 10/26

-We have the first flight out of Newark, NJ (5:45 AM)
*My dad & my friend's father in-law (who runs a car service company) are on the list for that drop off:)
-We arrive in Orlando at 8:20 AM
-Haven't decided if we are going to take the Magical Express or just call for an Uber
-Plan on checking out our resort (All Star Movies) & the Contemporary before our 1:00 res at Chef Mickey's
(My husband has been once, I've never been and want to experience it our first day!)
-After brunch/lunch we plan on resort hopping to the Poly & GF, then over to Disney Springs for awhile
-Once we're situated & settled in our room- its off to AKL to check out the resort before our 7:00 res at Sanaa
-Depending how tired we are after dinner, I'm thinking of heading back to the Poly to watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom
(also getting a Dole Whip:p)

*WILL CHECK BACK IN ONCE I BOOK SOME FP+ :D:D

LMSB

Original Poster
*UPDATES*
Swapped around a few dinner ADR, still checking daily for a dinner at BOG to open up! (I know its a long shot)

Called this morning & made our reservations for the Magic Express! We were back & forth on whether to take ME or call for an Uber and finally I decided to do ME (neither of us have ridden before) We also plan on doing carry on, as to not have to wait for our luggage later in the day. Anyway, I had a nice chat with a CM named August who was wonderful. Our conversation got me even more excited for our trip.She asked if we were going for a special occasion and when I told her it was our late honeymoon she made note in the system that we would be receiving buttons :)

After hanging up with August I finalized our itinerary:

ARRIVAL DAY
(this is technically our 'resort day')
Thurs, 10/26
-First flight out of Newark, NJ at 5:45AM
-Arrive at MCO at 8:20AM
-Magical Express to our resort (AS Movies)
-Check in (hopefully we will be able to store our bags at the front desk?)
-Uber to a Publix, or Wal-Mart to get some things for the room
(if anyone can let me know the best spot for this off property please let me know!)
-Bus over to TTC, then hop on the monorail over to CR
-1:05PM ADR at Chef Mickey's (will be my first time:D)
-After brunch, head over to Disney Springs
-*Hopefeully our room will be ready at this point*
-Bus over to TTC to grab another bus to AKL
-6:55 PM ADR at Sanaa
-*Depending on how exhausted we are, our last stop is over to the Poly to walk around
& grab a Dole Whip (another first for me)*
-FINALLY, back to our home for the week to get some sleep before hitting the MK the next morning
**My sister looked at our itinerary and said, "UGH you're going to be one of those people that has a step by step list- Sanaa, 6:55 Monorail, 7:45 Dole Whip 8:30" :D:rolleyes:

DAY 1
Fri, 10/27
MK & Epcot
-Morning & afternoon in MK
-Planning to see the parade at 2:00
-Monorail over to Epcot
-5:15PM ADR at Coral Reef (one of my favorites when I was a little girl)
-Illuminations

DAY 2
Sat 10/28
AK & MK
-We have a 9:50AM ADR at Be Our Guest, so we'll get to MK for rope drop, hopefully get to an attraction or two beforehand
-Morning & afternoon in AK
-7:00 PM ADR at Rainforest Cafe
-Bus back to MK for Happily Ever After

DAY 3
Sun, 10/29
HS & Epcot
-Morning & afternoon in HS
-6:05PM ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe
-Fantasmic!
-Over to Epcot for EMH

DAY 4
Mon, 10/30
AK & MK
-Bus over to TTC, monorail over to Wilderness Lodge
(WL was the first deluxe my family stayed in, back in May of 1996! Has always been my parents favorite resort)
*If we somehow grow bored of AK, we'll head over to MK early- this is why I love Park Hopper!!!*
-6:45PM ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe
-Ferry over to MK for EMH

DAY 5
Tues, 10/31 Happy Halloween!!!
EPCOT & HS
-Morning in Epcot (most likely World Showcase)
-Afternoon in HS
-5:40PM ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theather (another old favorite of mine)
-Star Wars: A Galatic Spectacular

*This is going to be both mine & my husband's first time in Disney on a holiday! He's only been once :eek: And my family went every May (with the exception of 2003, we went in June and in 2007, when we went in July)

DAY 6
Tues 11/1
On all of our family trips, our last day was always reserved for all the things we wanted to do one last time! It was also the day that my sister & I would pick our "gift" from the trip- we would get lots of little things throughout (pens, pencils, little knick knacks) but we were always allowed to pick one main gift at the end. I usually went for something that involved what my favorite attraction was that year, or some sort of appareal. My sister was crazy about Winnie the Pooh so that was usually what she picked :D
We'll start the day at MK for EMH, then kind of go from there- park hop, shop, etc.
I did not make any ADR for this day :)

DEPARTURE DAY:(
Thurs, 11/2
We have a 10:55AM flight out of MCO, so I imagine we will have little time to do much of anything before we have to get on ME. I'm already sad, just thinking about it! Lol. Probably just a quick breakfast at the food court before we get on our way.

So, that's the plan so far. Next Saturday, (8/26) I am finally able to start reserving FP+ I'll be setting the alarm & getting up early for this!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Please let me help you a little.......

ARRIVAL DAY
(this is technically our 'resort day')
Thurs, 10/26
-First flight out of Newark, NJ at 5:45AM
-Arrive at MCO at 8:20AM
-Magical Express to our resort (AS Movies)
-Check in (hopefully we will be able to store our bags at the front desk?)
-Uber to a Publix, or Wal-Mart to get some things for the room
(if anyone can let me know the best spot for this off property please let me know!)
-Bus over to TTC, then hop on the monorail over to CR
-1:05PM ADR at Chef Mickey's (will be my first time:D)
-After brunch, head over to Disney Springs
-*Hopefeully our room will be ready at this point*
-Bus over to TTC to grab another bus to AKL
-6:55 PM ADR at Sanaa
-*Depending on how exhausted we are, our last stop is over to the Poly to walk around
& grab a Dole Whip (another first for me)*
-FINALLY, back to our home for the week to get some sleep before hitting the MK the next morning
**My sister looked at our itinerary and said, "UGH you're going to be one of those people that has a step by step list- Sanaa, 6:55 Monorail, 7:45 Dole Whip 8:30" :D:rolleyes:

~ You will be able to stow your luggage at Bell Services (not the front desk) at All Star Movies if your room is not ready when you arrive.
~ No Disney buses go to the TTC. Buses go to the MK. To get to Chef Mickey's, take a bus to MK and then make the short walk to the Contemporary. The bus depot is closer to the walkway to the Contemporary than the MK monorail station.
~ You can take a bus to Disney Springs from the Contemporary, but keep in mind your brunch may take a couple hours...and to go to Disney Springs, then to your All Star room and then to dinner at Sanaa seems like A LOT on your arrival day.
~ To get to Sanaa from All Star Movies, UBER. If you want to use Disney transport take the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus from ASM and then transfer to an AKL bus. ASM is in the Animal Kingdom area so doing the transfer at AK makes more sense than traveling all the way to MK.
~ To get to the Poly from Sanaa, UBER. If you want to use Disney transport, take a bus to MK from AKL and transfer to the resort monorail to the Poly.

DAY 2
Sat 10/28
AK & MK
-We have a 9:50AM ADR at Be Our Guest, so we'll get to MK for rope drop, hopefully get to an attraction or two beforehand
-7:00 PM ADR at Rainforest Cafe
-Bus back to MK for Happily Ever After
You will not have enough time to get back to the MK before 9 pm Happily Ever After with a 7 pm dinner at Rainforest. Don't even try.

DAY 4
Mon, 10/30
AK & MK
-Bus over to TTC, monorail over to Wilderness Lodge
(WL was the first deluxe my family stayed in, back in May of 1996! Has always been my parents favorite resort)
*If we somehow grow bored of AK, we'll head over to MK early- this is why I love Park Hopper!!!*
-6:45PM ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe
-Ferry over to MK for EMH
No bus to TTC; take bus to MK from AK. There is no monorail to WL. From MK to get to WL you can take a direct bus (fastest) or a boat to WL. Reverse the process to get back to MK.

DAY 5
Tues, 10/31 Happy Halloween!!!
EPCOT & HS
-Morning in Epcot (most likely World Showcase)
-Afternoon in HS
-5:40PM ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theather (another old favorite of mine)
-Star Wars: A Galatic Spectacular

With the exception of Frozen Ever After in Norway and the bakery in France, World Showcase does not open until 11 am.

DEPARTURE DAY:(
Thurs, 11/2
We have a 10:55AM flight out of MCO, so I imagine we will have little time to do much of anything before we have to get on ME. I'm already sad, just thinking about it! Lol. Probably just a quick breakfast at the food court before we get on our way.

So, that's the plan so far. Next Saturday, (8/26) I am finally able to start reserving FP+ I'll be setting the alarm & getting up early for this!!
DME pick up will be approximately at 8:55 am for your 10:55 am flight.
You can make your fastpasses online at 7 am on Sunday August 27. (Saturday the 26th is 61 days out.)

Have a magical trip!

LMSB

Original Poster

~ You will be able to stow your luggage at Bell Services (not the front desk) at All Star Movies if your room is not ready when you arrive.
~ No Disney buses go to the TTC. Buses go to the MK. To get to Chef Mickey's, take a bus to MK and then make the short walk to the Contemporary. The bus depot is closer to the walkway to the Contemporary than the MK monorail station.
~ You can take a bus to Disney Springs from the Contemporary, but keep in mind your brunch may take a couple hours...and to go to Disney Springs, then to your All Star room and then to dinner at Sanaa seems like A LOT on your arrival day.
~ To get to Sanaa from All Star Movies, UBER. If you want to use Disney transport take the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus from ASM and then transfer to an AKL bus. ASM is in the Animal Kingdom area so doing the transfer at AK makes more sense than traveling all the way to MK.
~ To get to the Poly from Sanaa, UBER. If you want to use Disney transport, take a bus to MK from AKL and transfer to the resort monorail to the Poly.

You will not have enough time to get back to the MK before 9 pm Happily Ever After with a 7 pm dinner at Rainforest. Don't even try.

No bus to TTC; take bus to MK from AK. There is no monorail to WL. From MK to get to WL you can take a direct bus (fastest) or a boat to WL. Reverse the process to get back to MK.

With the exception of Frozen Ever After in Norway and the bakery in France, World Showcase does not open until 11 am.

You can make your fastpasses online at 7 am on Sunday August 27. (Saturday the 26th is 61 days out.)

Have a magical trip!
Thank you so much for all of your advice. It's very much appreciated! It's been a good decade since I've been to the world so I'm out of the loop. I'm going to do more planning & iron this out a bit!

LMSB

Original Poster

Have a magical trip!
Also, now that I've thought about past trips- I realized/remembered that none of the buses go to TTC! And the monorail definitely doesn't go to WL (I've stayed there a few times-lol) I guess I've just been overwhelming myself on planning! I guess it can happen, right? TY again for sharing your knowlegde of Disney !

LMSB

Original Poster
6 day park hoppers have been purchased :):cool:
Was able to use my corporate discount through Plum benefits which saved us some $$$
Since I booked through an outside site, does this mean we will not be able to get our Magic Bands until our arrival day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom