Disneymoon stories!

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
So we've officially decided that we're staying club level at the Grand Floridian from November 9-15 for our Disneymoon! We're calling to make the reservation this weekend!!!

We're leaving the day after our wedding. I can't even believe it's happening.

And since it is happening, I *obviously* can't stop googling "disney honeymoons." But what better place to hear honeymoon stories than right here?! Tell me all about your honeymoon in Disney World! Especially Disney Vets - I would love to hear about the things that made this trip extra special, as opposed to the numerous vacations you may have taken together before tying the knot.

Thank you guys! :)

DisneyPrincess5

Great thread! And congrats on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon!

I posted this recently in another thread: My husband and I Disneymooned in the Fall of 2013 and we had the absolute BEST time of our lives. We talk about it frequently and look back fondly. We had been to Disney together a number of times and before we were together too, but something was so different about the honeymoon trip. We were finally married so who we were as a couple had changed and that made every "normality" of Disney magically special. We felt that Disney is such a huge part of our lives and relationship that it actually would've felt weird to not go there for our once in a lifetime honeymoon.

We truly had an incredibly time. We got married on 9/28/13 at home. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 12 days (9/30-10/11) which was a brand new resort for us and new length of stay too. We ate our faces off and enjoyed the 80 degree weather after months of planning and stressing. We got a chance to do everything we wanted twice over and spent a few days at Universal too.

Congrats again and enjoy planning your honeymoon!

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
My wife an I had a half-Disney honeymoon. Seven nights in a one bedroom villa at Old Key West followed by a seven night (non-Disney) cruise. We had been to Disney both separately and together several times before but this was the first time that we weren't children or poor college students. It was the middle of July but I wore my black felt Mickey ear top hat every single day. We got a few free ice creams and sodas as magical moments from cast members, and everyone was just extra nice in general.

Buckeye

My wife and I Disneymooned 21 years ago. We just graduated college and booked a land/sea vacation package. Only way back then, it wasn't a Disney cruise, it was on the old Premier Cruise line's "Big Red Boat". Since we had newly printed credit cards, we booked the top tier package. That meant a suite on the upper level of the ship with a private balcony, a Cadillac to drive from airport to ship and back to WDW, and a room at the Grand Floridian for 4 nights when we got to the World. We thought is was so expensive, but splurged anyway. The cost was a little over $4,000. I'd book twice a year if I could get that same price today! Anyway, the cruise was great, a first for us. We went to Freeport and Nassau and took a trip to the cruise line's private island. It's called Castaway Cay now. It was less developed and really amazing. After the cruise, we drove to the GF and were blown away. I had been to the parks before, but never stayed on-site. My wife was a first timer. We used the Unofficial Guide's touring plans and literally waited 15 minutes or less for every single attraction, save one. There was this exciting brand new attraction in the MGM Studios called the Tower of Terror. We waited about two hours for that one, but it was worth it. Truly an amazing trip.

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
We had been to Disney together a number of times and before we were together too, but something was so different about the honeymoon trip. We were finally married so who we were as a couple had changed and that made every "normality" of Disney magically special. We felt that Disney is such a huge part of our lives and relationship that it actually would've felt weird to not go there for our once in a lifetime honeymoon.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for with this thread! I love, love, love this. We have been to Disney together eight times in the last two and a half years, so I was very nervous that it was a wasteful honeymoon. But you are so right!! We'll be married, it'll be so new and exciting! It's magical on its own, and with Disney in the mix - ugh, it'll be unbelievable.

...but this was the first time that we weren't children or poor college students. It was the middle of July but I wore my black felt Mickey ear top hat every single day. We got a few free ice creams and sodas as magical moments from cast members, and everyone was just extra nice in general.

Lol! Yeah, the "poor college students" thing is definitely going to be different this time around. We usually stay at values, except for the times we've gone with his parents. So I am very excited to stay at a deluxe with just us and wear matching shirts and be as dorky as humanly possible :p Magical moments are the sweetest, I'm always so surprised by them. He proposed to me in Disney, and my favorite thing wasn't even a "thing," it was when we boarded the Tower of Terror and the Cast Member said "before you go, there is a couple here that I think we should all celebrate" and then everyone clapped for us and it was SO MUCH FUN riding with them!

...After the cruise, we drove to the GF and were blown away. I had been to the parks before, but never stayed on-site. My wife was a first timer. We used the Unofficial Guide's touring plans and literally waited 15 minutes or less for every single attraction, save one. There was this exciting brand new attraction in the MGM Studios called the Tower of Terror. We waited about two hours for that one, but it was worth it. Truly an amazing trip.

This is such a sweet story, thank you for sharing it!! Two hours for Tower of Terror!! I get anxious thinking about waiting forty five minutes. I always want to chicken out until we're actually moving, haha! So long wait times wouldn't be very good for me :p We're staying at the Grand Floridian, too, and I really think I'll have the same reaction as you: "blown away." I always feel something very happy whenever we go there just walk around. There's something about the smell and the atmosphere and the elevator that makes me want to move in!

GrimGrinningGhost15

I will be on my Disneymoon Sept. 5th-13th! I will be sure to share, and I will keep checking your post to steal ideas as well! We actually got married on April 11th, but DH doesn't have the greatest PTO so we had to wait for it to build back up and decided to go a few months after. I have been trying to think of a surprise or something special to do to make the trip extra memorable for us both, so keep sharing people!!!

ToInfinityAndBeyond

We got married last summer in the Wedding Chapel after a glorious 3-day stay with the wedding party in one of the brand-new Grand Floridian DVC Villas. I have to say, one of the best parts of the entire trip was the time before the wedding with all of my closest friends and family. We had 38 guests, which was the perfect number. No distant relatives I don't care about, no friends who only come out of the woodworks for major life events, just the best people in our lives.

The honeymoon was pretty sweet. We love to explore all of the resorts, so we traveled around. We did Beach Club for the first night, Saratoga Springs for a few nights, and then BLT for the last two nights. BLT was our favorite and we were lucky enough to get a "lake view" room that had a perfectly acceptable view of MK. So many fun things happened, I can't even begin to go over them all. Highlights are: California Grill (delicioussss), Hoop-de-Doo Revue (why did we never do this before?!), and nightly trips back to MK just to stroll around, listen to the music, and ride Haunted Mansion for the 16th time.

PeoplemoverTTA

Congrats! My wedding was a year ago tomorrow (364 days ago...wow, did that go by quickly), so it's fun to reminisce :)

We were married on the beach at the Swan, and stayed at Boardwalk Villas. It was my dream to stay at the BW, so our wedding was the perfect time to finally do it. I really wanted to slow down during our honeymoon and soak up the resort. We were able to do that a bit, riding the bikes around the boardwalk and sitting out on the balcony.

But I really wanted something unique...as a passholder for the past 10 years (my husband is newer to WDW but has still been 3 times with me. I wanted something that would feel extra special for both of us, and really make our honeymoon special.

So I booked the Dolphins in Depth tour at Epcot. I knew my husband would be blown away by it, and so would it. It just seemed so awesome.

A month or so after booking I received an email from a CM at The Living Seas. They were doing work on the tank and Dolphins in Depth was closed during our honeymoon. Shoot. I was so disappointed. So I emailed her back and explained the situation, asking if there was another unique experience she could recommend for our honeymoon. I haven't done any tours in WDW before (although I did Walk in Walt's Footsteps in Disneyland - LOVED it), so I wanted something truly special.

She recommended the Seas Aqua Tour. It concludes with a 25-minute (approximately) swim in the giant tank. Oh, and while they refunded our $300 (each) for the Dolphins in Depth tour - this one would be free. She said to consider it a wedding present from the Cast at The Seas. Truly magical and amazing. I did not expect that, and I was so incredibly touched that they would do something like that for us.

The tour was seriously amazing - an incredible, one-of-a-kind experience. We literally swam (snorkeled, with oxygen tanks) a few feet from a sea turtle, and a devil ray (maybe it was a stingray...I can't remember) kept swimming underneath me and tickling my legs. It was so incredible. I would definitely recommend doing one of the higher end tours.

Another thing we considered but ended up not doing is the VIP treatment - getting your own guest relations CM to accompany you throughout a park (or more, depending on how much you spend, I believe), where you can walk on rides and truly get VIP treatment. It's a bit expensive, I think it's around $200 per hour and you have to book a minimum of 6 hours, but I can't remember. If it's in the budget four our next trip, I think I'd do that next :)

PineapplePrincess

We Disneymooned 21 years ago tomorrow ( coincidentally I'm reading your post on our anniversary)! We stayed 10 days at the Polynesian, our dream resort. No AKL back then, and Typhoon Lagoon was the only water park. Maybe River Country was still open, but we didn't go there. We had both been separately as kids, but never together. He had never stayed on property, and my family had stayed a few times at Fort Wilderness. We took the DVC tour, but since I didn't have a teaching job yet, we had to pass. Of course we loved it so much, we agreed to go back every 3 years. After a couple more trips, that turned into every other year, which eventually became once a year & in 2011 we finally became DVC owners!
Congrats and enjoy every moment of your Disneymoon!

geebee721

We went on our Disneymoon in November 2011 and we had the best time! We did a 4 day Disney cruise on the Disney Dream followed by the 6 night stay at the Boardwalk Villas. We had the best time and everytime we go back I always think of the amazing time we had. We wore our "Just Married" buttons and met a lot of other couples also there on our honeymoon. Congratulations and enjoy your time there!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom