Disneymoon Perks

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
Was just wondering if anyone here that had a Disneymoon got any free perks or surprises at their hotel or in the parks. Also if you know someone who got special perks on their Disneymoon. If so, what did you/they get?

Sweet Melissa

We're getting married at Disney World in November and honeymooning there. In the course of our wedding planning, I've made friends with lots of Disney brides, and it seems that receiving extra magic is the exception, not the rule. Wear the "Happily Ever After" buttons and the bride/groom ears if you want, and you'll get lots of congratulations from cast members and other guests alike, but prepare yourself for nothing more than that. One friend who got married at the Boardwalk told me that they went to Le Cellier wearing their buttons and wedding ears, and had noted on their reservation that they were celebrating their wedding/honeymoon. Their waitress didn't acknowledge their celebration at all (but, awkwardly, the waitress did bring out a free dessert for the newly-engaged couple at the table next to them).

Some of the more common perks that honeymooning couples receive are champagne at dinner, free desserts, and room upgrades. It's all at the cast members' discretion, but remember, everybody is celebrating something these days, and not everybody gets the pixie dust. Hope for the best, but expect to make your own magic.

Sweet Melissa

Friends of mine got married in November of 2011 at the Yacht Club. They got a free room upgrade and exclusive his and hers watches.

Congrats! :)

Just to elaborate on the above, the watches are a "gift" for couples who have a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. They're not something given to honeymooners.

psukardi

Was just wondering if anyone here that had a Disneymoon got any free perks or surprises at their hotel or in the parks. Also if you know someone who got special perks on their Disneymoon. If so, what did you/they get?

I'm under the impression you'll get a lot of small talk and smile and "congrats". When I proposed and we were wearing the pins the lady at the front desk gave us , we did receive a free cin-a-bun in Fantasy Land so that was nice.

dreamfinder

Don't count on getting anything other than smiles and congratulations. We got a free dessert or two when we were there, but also got a few congratulation cards from the staff at restaurants.

Ariel484

We didn't get anything special on our honeymoon in 2009 beyond smiles and congrats (which were very nice!). We actually got "perks" when we returned in 2011 for our anniversary (our Boardwalk room was supposed to be pool- or Boardwalk-view, and we got a Boardwalk view, we got a couple of glasses of champagne at one or two of our dinners, etc.), which we weren't expecting at all, so that was a nice surprise. I think if you're going in expecting a lot you'll be disappointed.

Brittany Vadner

We got a ton of "Congrats" on our 2011 Honeymoon but also received some free desserts and got moved up to the front of the line at the boat ride in Mexico at Epcot and the CM actually ended up putting us into a boat by ourselves. It was fun.

kasey1988

Just had our disneymoon in September, we wore the buttons and ears. We receved free champagne with dinner at flying fish, free cupcake at crystal palace, free truffles at boma, pulled up into main st before the parade for some photos and fun, lots of characters spotted us and pointed us out, congrats from cast members, confetti on the table and a special phone call from mickey..

On our engagement trip we recieved all the same plus a coupon towards photo pass photos.

Sweet Melissa

We definitely got more recognition for our engagement than our wedding and honeymoon. Ours was in November, and we didn't really get any special treatment. When we remembered to wear the buttons, we would get a few congratulations, but other than that, nothing. It was noted on all of our resort and dining reservations, but generally we didn't receive so much as a congratulations at check-in unless we made it a point to mention that we were just married. The exception was the Dolphin. We stayed there the nights before and after our wedding, and since our ceremony was at the Swan, they gave us a room upgrade. That is their standard practice if an upgraded room is available. Sometimes the lack of a congratulations was surprising to me, not because I was expecting anything, but because some of the restaurants we visited are kind of known for going out of their way to acknowledge celebrations. Our server at Jiko brought us a card that a bunch of the staff had signed with various well-wishes in their native languages. That was probably the coolest thing. I think that the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign really burned out the cast members, and I think there's a deliberate attempt to lower expectations now.

olinecoach61

We honey mooned at Disney and had tons of cast members go out of their way to make it extra special. Some one in a parade even came over to us and congratulated us. We also got comped champagne flutes at CRT, one of our favorite souvenirs of all time. Of course. This was 1999 so things may have changed.

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
Thank you guys a lot for all the stories. I guess we'll just have to go and see what perks we end up getting. But definitely keep the stories coming. They are nice to read. :)

psukardi

Just got back last week from our Disneymoon.

There were not a lot of perks - most likely because of the holiday season, but it was still a blast.

Perks:
1. Disney Beach Club - Someone called and asked if we were in the room or when we'd be returning. I was confused but gave best info I could. Returned to chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.

2. Lots of hellos. Lots of people said hello, congrats, etc.

3. Front seat on Rock'n Roller Coaster. Guy asked if we wanted the front row - we said yes.

4. Hoop De Doo - They yanked my chain quite a bit during the show. That was cool

I wasn't expecting perks, I heard a lot of people got cool things but being with my wife for a week with no work distractions was good enough for me.

steamboatjosh

Original Poster
Oh wow the strawberries and champagne is really cool. Yeah I'm not really expecting any perks at all. A cast member told me that if you remind them each time you go out to eat then that makes it likelier that you will get something special. That won't be a problem for me because I know I'm going to be so excited from the wedding that I'll end up telling each server that we're just married. Lol.

However I already have quite a few things planned out to make it very romantic for us so if we don't end up getting anything special that's fine with me.

Glad you enjoyed your Disneymoon and thanks for the feedback. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom