Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Nland316

Just a question, but is the castle supposed to receive a decorated facade for the 60th like for the 50th? I remember work went underway in September of 2004 for the whole castle remodel, so it got me thinking if anything will be done to the castle or not. I personally would love if the mimicked Hong Kong's color palette, but I'm not holding my breath for anything big like that.

lazyboy97o

Just a question, but is the castle supposed to receive a decorated facade for the 60th like for the 50th? I remember work went underway in September of 2004 for the whole castle remodel, so it got me thinking if anything will be done to the castle or not. I personally would love if the mimicked Hong Kong's color palette, but I'm not holding my breath for anything big like that.
The lead up to the 50th involved having to handle years of neglect. Even if there are plans for a repainting, it could be started much later than it was 10 years ago.

Figments Friend

I don't mind it so much now that the pink has faded.

I feel the same way.
I was shocked to see how 'candy frosting pink' Sleeping Beauty Castle looked a few years ago in some old photos i came across.
It looked so bright, it reminded me of WDW's infamous 'Castle Cake' overlay they did to Cinderella Castle.
Much prefer the more muted tones of it in it's current state.

Just guessing here, but i would imagine some type of special decor will be done for Sleeping Beauty Castle for the 60th.
I am thinking a sparkling overlay...trimmed similar to the 'Golden Anniversary'...but in silver.
Also at night time, i can imagine a lot of 'twinkling diamonds' lighting.
Those types of small light fixture have already been used during various fireworks shows, and entire strings of 'mini strobes' can be purchased through professional lighting companies.
Would make for a pretty impressive 'Diamond Castle' for the celebration.
:)

jrh1985

I've actually forgotten about an official announcement. We should have gotten one four months ago. Kinda over the whole announcement thing at this point.
Why? Don't you want to hear it straight from DL? I would. Don't get me wrong, all the rumors online are wonderful and make DL look like they have an awesome 60th planned. I just would like to hear it officially so we know what their really planning.

lazyboy97o

Why? Don't you want to hear it straight from DL? I would. Don't get me wrong, all the rumors online are wonderful and make DL look like they have an awesome 60th planned. I just would like to hear it officially so we know what their really planning.
Even an announcement doesn't mean Disney will do it.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

No, you misunderstand me. When I say "I'm over it", I mean I'm no longer getting anxious over an official announcement. The announcement will come when it comes.

GiveMeTheMusic

now-kith.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom