Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

Agreed that this parade looks visually stunning and fabulously fun. A true 21st century "night parade" with all new tech and a brand new aesthetic presence on the parade route. I can't think of a better gift for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary!

But...

The floats and characters and vibe of the entire parade seems to make obsolete the two afternoon parades currently playing at the Disneyland Resort. It doesn't help they've cut and pasted musical samples from Soundsational, and Disneyland could get an all-new audio track for their version. But even with all new audio it will appear as though they took the best floats from that afternoon's Pixar Play Parade and Soundsational and mixed them together for a nightly encore. Hmm...

wdrive

Agreed that this parade looks visually stunning and fabulously fun. A true 21st century "night parade" with all new tech and a brand new aesthetic presence on the parade route. I can't think of a better gift for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary!

But...

The floats and characters and vibe of the entire parade seems to make obsolete the two afternoon parades currently playing at the Disneyland Resort. It doesn't help they've cut and pasted musical samples from Soundsational, and Disneyland could get an all-new audio track for their version. But even with all new audio it will appear as though they took the best floats from that afternoon's Pixar Play Parade and Soundsational and mixed them together for a nightly encore. Hmm...

Realistically what could you do though without any crossover? Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Frozen, Brave. I'm starting to struggle after that.

But I hope Disneyland doesn't get the same soundtrack. I hate how they keep reusing parts of it in different parks around the world but twice in the same park is pushing it too far.

GiveMeTheMusic

There are no floats in Paint the Night that resemble anything in Soundsational. Even the Pixar floats are totally different than their counterparts in Pixar Play. I think the music similarities come from the format being the same - parade theme mixed with movie specific music for that loop. Likely the same arranger, but it's fantastic. Can't wait to see an even longer version here in CA!

Figments Friend

Wow...if anything even remotely close to 'Paint The Night' comes to DL for the 60th i think people would self-explode from excitement.
It is amazing how far LED lighting tech has come....some impressive effects in this new Parade.
Love how the ol' MSEP theme is incorporated into the soundtrack.

Not a big fan of giant monitors ( MI, Cars floats ) but the visual effects created by some of the lighting units on certain floats are impressive.
The 'swirling patterns' rig on the Mickey float in particular...just hypnotizing.

Looks great!

stevehousse

This is the full parade video! Unedited

I was just gonna post the full one but u beat me to it! I can't get enough of the Mickey Finale Float! I just showed my youngest son the new parade before bedtime, and he literally couldn't stop telling me how much he liked "paint da night". We cannot wait to go to DL in May and I am just praying that this parade will be running when we go! Fingers crossed!

Any more rumors or news regarding the 60th so far? Does anyone still know if the rest of the dark rides are going down for the special refurbs still?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So I watched the full parade and the Cars section I don't mind but it seems very static compared to all the movement going on with the other floats. Event the Monsters' float has the doors that spinning. I'm not very familiar with Spectro were there more more nods to that parade besides the balls that Goofy, Donald and Goofy were on? I saw those and it screamed Spectro to me.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Any more rumors or news regarding the 60th so far? Does anyone still know if the rest of the dark rides are going down for the special refurbs still?

Yes, other things have been rumored. They're mentioned throughout this thread. The only thing that's been confirmed is the name of the celebration and the logo. This parade hasn't even been confirmed.

Cesar R M

So I watched the full parade and the Cars section I don't mind but it seems very static compared to all the movement going on with the other floats. Event the Monsters' float has the doors that spinning. I'm not very familiar with Spectro were there more more nods to that parade besides the balls that Goofy, Donald and Goofy were on? I saw those and it screamed Spectro to me.
maybe thats what they aimed for.. a bit of static fun before the Mickey trippy super animated float!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom