Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here is the announced parade line up for Honk Kong - Not liking the line up for a 60th anniversary parade.

On August 14, 2014, David Lightbody, Director of Entertainment and Costuming of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, to share the news of brand new nighttime spectacular in Sleeping Beauty Ballroom at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel.

Units

Nland316

Here is the announced parade line up for Honk Kong - Not liking the line up for a 60th anniversary parade.

Units
While I do love certain floats, I don't care for the lineup as a whole. I'm disappointed in the diversity of the units, they seem to be going with the same old movies that have been over used in every single parade or show. I also wish they used little or no Pixar. Hoping that for Disneyland's version, they mix it up a bit more.

Jose

Lineup does seem VERY short. Potentially shorter than Soundsational. Hopefully what we get will be beefed up a bit lineup wise. THERE BETTER BE A FROZEN UNIT WITH ELSA MAKING LIGHT SNOW
I don't think they will update this "new" parade... budget has limits, and DL's has been VERY affected by our MM+

TP2000

Units

Great find RandomPrincess!

Compare that to the lineup of Soundsational and Pixar Play Parade, the two day parades many Disneyland visitors will have seen earlier that day. All the themes and "units" will have to be repeated that night...

Soundsational Parade @ 4PM and 6:30PM - Disneyland

Frozen Pre-Parade
Opening Unit: Mickey Mouse Club March
Aladdin Drum
Little Mermaid Float
Three Caballeros Drum
Princess Float (Snow, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Tangled)
Jungle Drum
Tiana's Showboat Float
Peter Pan Drum
Mary Poppins Float

Pixar Play Parade @ 5PM - California Adventure

Monsters Inc. Opening Float
The Incredibles Float
Finding Nemo Float
A Bug's Life Float
Toy Story Float
Cars Finale

Nothing in the Hong Kong night parade is new to either Anaheim parade route. All those characters will have already been seen on the parade routes earlier that afternoon.

There are certain characters that simply must be included in a Disneyland parade, mainly Mickey and the "Fab Five" and the top Princesses. But you don't need to repeat Cars or Monsters Inc. or Little Mermaid, etc.

But there's a lot of other themes and characters they could use for the night parade that seem to be missing from Hong Kong. Villains, Star Wars, Marvel (that would really rile up the Internetz!), or Attractions (Pirates, Mansion, Indy, Jungle Cruise, etc.).

Cesar R M

A clone is an exact copy, the exact opposite of a rip-off. The poster said the parade would be a clone/rip-off. It can't be both, which is why I asked the question. Which one is it, a clone or a rip-off, that is.

to help you guys with the definitions

CLONE = a copy of an original done by the same creators, completely identical with no changes.
RIPOFF = a copy done by third party who tries not to pay the development costs and sometimes cheapen the copied version with lower quality materials (or with limitations).

Cesar R M

I like the Toy Story light lasso look. I know everyone says stick to the classics but Toy Story was made in 1995. It's almost 20 years old. If they do choose to get rid of TS please keep the light lassos some how I think they will look great going down the street.

The Cars one is a giant tractor trailer it seems blah as a float.
It would look cool if it was semi transparent and had a very fluid and mobile lightning mcqueen(the trailer being a perfect copy of the Mac trailer Lightning uses in the movie)

Cesar R M

Great find RandomPrincess!

Compare that to the lineup of Soundsational and Pixar Play Parade, the two day parades many Disneyland visitors will have seen earlier that day. All the themes and "units" will have to be repeated that night...

Soundsational Parade @ 4PM and 6:30PM - Disneyland

Frozen Pre-Parade
Opening Unit: Mickey Mouse Club March
Aladdin Drum
Little Mermaid Float
Three Caballeros Drum
Princess Float (Snow, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Tangled)
Jungle Drum
Tiana's Showboat Float
Peter Pan Drum
Mary Poppins Float

Pixar Play Parade @ 5PM - California Adventure

Monsters Inc. Opening Float
The Incredibles Float
Finding Nemo Float
A Bug's Life Float
Toy Story Float
Cars Finale

Nothing in the Hong Kong night parade is new to either Anaheim parade route. All those characters will have already been seen on the parade routes earlier that afternoon.

There are certain characters that simply must be included in a Disneyland parade, mainly Mickey and the "Fab Five" and the top Princesses. But you don't need to repeat Cars or Monsters Inc. or Little Mermaid, etc.

But there's a lot of other themes and characters they could use for the night parade that seem to be missing from Hong Kong. Villains, Star Wars, Marvel (that would really rile up the Internetz!), or Attractions (Pirates, Mansion, Indy, Jungle Cruise, etc.).

Wondering why they dont add WALL-E again (with the included animatronics) or other pixars movies.. they do not need to focus that much on toys story and cars!

the have a varied portfolio!

Nland316

From a pretty reliable source @HTF

HTF @hatetofly

So yeah MyMagic and My Disney Experience is coming to Disneyland Resort. Good luck with that...

4:17 PM - 22 Jul 2014

My guess is this would come about after the 60th. Call it is 60th hangover :banghead:
It's something I'll believe when I see it. Disney has previously said that they don't have any plans for implementing it into DLR, maybe plans have changed but you never know. This would definitely be devastating to the resort.

Figments Friend

One thing I liked about MSEP is that they showcased more classic Disney films. I hope they do the same with this parade, and don't overdo it with Pixar.

Agree. The Pixar characters have been overused, in my opinion.

Yes, i know they are popular with some Guests...but i don't need to see Toy Story and Cars characters included in EVERY product and entertainment production at P&R.

It is getting a bit annoying, but then again, i am not a huge Pixar fan by any means.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Wondering why they dont add WALL-E again (with the included animatronics) or other pixars movies.. they do not need to focus that much on toys story and cars!

the have a varied portfolio!

One word - toys.

Toy Story and Cars make boatloads of money in toy sales alone, thus why Disney loves to push those two particular IPs.
It's all about that 'synergy' thing...

I fully agree though...the Pixar oversaturation is wearing very thin these days.
Come up with something new already.

Figments Friend

From a pretty reliable source @HTF

HTF @hatetofly

So yeah MyMagic and My Disney Experience is coming to Disneyland Resort. Good luck with that...

4:17 PM - 22 Jul 2014

My guess is this would come about after the 60th. Call it is 60th hangover :banghead:

Oh Lord...i so hope this does not happen.
It will be very disappointing if it includes FP+.

If it IS intended....

Why...why...WHY..?? :arghh:
It is NOT NEEDED at the California Parks!!

*#!%!&@*!!!!

:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom