Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

lazyboy97o

A clone is an exact copy, the exact opposite of a rip-off. The poster said the parade would be a clone/rip-off. It can't be both, which is why I asked the question. Which one is it, a clone or a rip-off, that is.
Would you consider it a rip off to pay for a custom design and then someone else pay less for the exact same thing because you already paid for the design work?

Jose

I knew this "new" parade was going to be a clone of the one coming to HKDL... I hope cuts don't come to our version... :confused:

Nland316

Like others have mentioned, I too don't like the Cars float. I am also not fond of the Toy Story dancers as depicted in this picture:

One thing I liked about MSEP is that they showcased more classic Disney films. I hope they do the same with this parade, and don't overdo it with Pixar.

GiveMeTheMusic

From the photos, I'm not too impressed by the sets/floats/characters. I don't necessarily like or dislike them, except the Toy Story and Cars sections.

Still waiting on a confirmation from Disney.

The Tink float will be really neat in real life - Tinker Bell will be flying about (courtesy of the black arm seen in the concept art) with a huge range of motion. I think the Belle unit looks gorgeous - the only piece of art I dislike is the Cars unit. With any luck, that will be something cut from DL's version and replaced with something more fitting for DL. Will reserve judgment on Toy Story until I see the actual float; all I've seen are the light lasso dancers.

Nland316

The Tink float will be really neat in real life - Tinker Bell will be flying about (courtesy of the black arm seen in the concept art) with a huge range of motion. I think the Belle unit looks gorgeous - the only piece of art I dislike is the Cars unit. With any luck, that will be something cut from DL's version and replaced with something more fitting for DL.
Would Tinker Bell herself be an animatronic? Or would it just be the black arm giving her motion?

deix15x8

The Tink float will be really neat in real life - Tinker Bell will be flying about (courtesy of the black arm seen in the concept art) with a huge range of motion. I think the Belle unit looks gorgeous - the only piece of art I dislike is the Cars unit. With any luck, that will be something cut from DL's version and replaced with something more fitting for DL. Will reserve judgment on Toy Story until I see the actual float; all I've seen are the light lasso dancers.
I hate the look of the Cars float unless it can do something cool like become some kind of magical video screen on the truck. Having said that though, I can't imagine them cutting it from Disneyland. With the success of Cars Land right across the way I'm not sure their is a more perfect park in the world for it unless they were to make a second light parade at DCA, but that wouldn't happen.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I like the Toy Story light lasso look. I know everyone says stick to the classics but Toy Story was made in 1995. It's almost 20 years old. If they do choose to get rid of TS please keep the light lassos some how I think they will look great going down the street.

The Cars one is a giant tractor trailer it seems blah as a float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom