Disneyland Virginia Resort:An Imagineering Competition

Jack Pumpkinhead

Original Poster
In the 1990s,Walt Disney World resorts were expanding,with a new resort opening in Hong Kong,two other international parks being built in;EuroDisney Resort and Tokyo DisneySea,and two new theme parks back in the first two resorts ;Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort.Disney also considered build a new resort further up north,in Haymarket,Virginia to be exact.This park was to be completely different from all the rest,it was to be Disney's America,which was to include the first dueling roller coaster,the first Disney rafting ride,and even an re-enactment of the Civil War.But alas,the resort never got built,due to some complaints from some of the citizens,this resort was scrapped along with Port Disney and WestCot.
That was in the 20th century,now is the 21th millennium,now is the time to go back to the drawing board.Now is the time to see who can imagineer the better resort.Starting now will be an imagineering competition for the best Disneyland Virginia Resort.
Rules are as follows
*No one is to copy anyone's idea that have already been posted on this forum,however,you are allowed to make base your parks/attractions/rides/restaurants/entertainment/hotels/Downtown Disney style area/water parks from previous ideas that either have been scraped or got removed from the parks,already exists(can be improved),or your own.
*Each thread must have at least one or two parks,one Downtown Disney style area,one or moret ransportation system;depending on how big your version of the resort is;one or none water parks,and ten or more hotels containing room for 500 or more guests,however if you're doing one park then you must make three-five hotels but still with room for 500 or more guests.
*No trolling,flaming,or hate comments.
*Everyone to have a good time.

Last edited:

TheKarnivalKid

This seems like a fun project! My only question is about one of the rules you set. It says to create ten or more hotels containing room for 500 or more guests. Does this rule still apply if your resort has only one theme park? (I feel like the ratio of parks to hotels would be off if you had ten hotels and one theme park). Other than that, this seems great.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Original Poster
This seems like a fun project! My only question is about one of the rules you set. It says to create ten or more hotels containing room for 500 or more guests. Does this rule still apply if your resort has only one theme park? (I feel like the ratio of parks to hotels would be off if you had ten hotels and one theme park). Other than that, this seems great.
Yes,three-five hotels for if you're doing just one park.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Original Poster
First Challenge:
Disneyland Virginia Resort:phase 1
Since the competition is about who can imagineer the better Disneyland Virginia Resort,let's start at the drawing board shall we? When creating a Walt Disney World theme park resort or a Universal Resort or any theme park resort as a matter of fact,you have to start out small,small enough for the guest to enjoy and have room for the resort's future generations.With that being said,let's begin our first challenge,each Imagineer who's participating here is going to be imagineering what their version of their resort will look like for the first few years.Now first off,you must begin with one park with the capability for 500 or more guest,and that park doesn't have to be a a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom style park,it can be any park like an Epcot style park or a Disney's America style park,or an a different concept.The first park must also have about half a dozen or so themed lands,and no sub lands or sub sub lands do not count,each containing their own unique attractions that'll keep the guest happy and comfortable;like Journey To The Center Of The Earth,Jungle Cruise,a dark ride like in Fantasyland,and these are just examples you don't have to use them if you don't want to;3 or 4 shops and restaurants;table service and quick service;guest services,and some sort of entertainment.Also needed for Phase One is 3-5 hotels,transportation,and a Downtown Disney style area.So ready when any of you are and have fun.;)

spacemt354

Chili's
First Challenge:
Disneyland Virginia Resort:phase 1
Since the competition is about who can imagineer the better Disneyland Virginia Resort,let's start at the drawing board shall we? When creating a Walt Disney World theme park resort or a Universal Resort or any theme park resort as a matter of fact,you have to start out small,small enough for the guest to enjoy and have room for the resort's future generations.With that being said,let's begin our first challenge,each Imagineer who's participating here is going to be imagineering what their version of their resort will look like for the first few years.Now first off,you must begin with one park with the capability for 500 or more guest,and that park doesn't have to be a a Disneyland/Magic Kingdom style park,it can be any park like an Epcot style park or a Disney's America style park,or an a different concept.The first park must also have about half a dozen or so themed lands,and no sub lands or sub sub lands do not count,each containing their own unique attractions that'll keep the guest happy and comfortable;like Journey To The Center Of The Earth,Jungle Cruise,a dark ride like in Fantasyland,and these are just examples you don't have to use them if you don't want to;3 or 4 shops and restaurants;table service and quick service;guest services,and some sort of entertainment.Also needed for Phase One is 3-5 hotels,transportation,and a Downtown Disney style area.So ready when any of you are and have fun.;)
Sorry for the thread bump, but I was looking back and saw I signed-up for this.

It sounds like fun! I'll work on it over the next few weeks. Is this still due at the end of the year/beginning of January?

Jack Pumpkinhead

Original Poster
Sorry for the thread bump, but I was looking back and saw I signed-up for this.

It sounds like fun! I'll work on it over the next few weeks. Is this still due at the end of the year/beginning of January?
I pushed it back to April 23rd and have it reopened after I come back from my summer holiday in Wales, if I ever go to Wales that is.

spacemt354

Chili's
I pushed it back to April 23rd and have it reopened after I come back from my summer holiday in Wales, if I ever go to Wales that is.
Wow...long wait.

If you don't mind I'll probably still submit the initial phase late Dec early Jan because that's when I'm off and have the most free time.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Original Poster
OTE="spacemt354, post: 6971939, member: 83356"]Wow...long wait.

If you don't mind I'll probably still submit the initial phase late Dec early Jan because that's when I'm off and have the most free time.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I decided to change the plans. There will be no due date, just as long as the participants can be able post their forums when they have the time.

spacemt354

Chili's
I haven't forgotten about this! I'm actually working on it right now!;)

To give you a sneak peak..my plan is to have the park inspired by Disney's America with hints of other parks that were never built.
Disney_america.jpg

My goal is to also have it be completely Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 based, which will take a little longer, but in the end should be fun!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom